The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Eventing barns in Northern IL/southeastern WI

Asking for a friend.

Could anyone recommend reputable eventing barns in northern IL or SE WI?

Please PM me with info.
    recovering hunter rider turned eventer

Not a whole lot out there. I am in this area. Stonehedge Farm in Union Grove, WI. Ken + Eric Dierks train out of there. Lake Geneva equestrian center has Brad Hall. That is quite a bit west though.

Click here before you buy.

Default Erin and Kenny Dierks

Quote Originally Posted by MorganJumper848 View Post
    Not a whole lot out there. I am in this area. Stonehedge Farm in Union Grove, WI. Ken + Eric Dierks train out of there. Lake Geneva equestrian center has Brad Hall. That is quite a bit west though.
    Ken and Erin Dierks are in the area, Eric is Ken's brother. I have been absolutely thrilled with Erin and Kenny! They are well known in the area and travel all around the midwest. They do not have a specific barn that they train out of but travel to different barns for lessons and training.

A good place to start would be to call Erin to ask where she and Kenny frequent often and see what would be in your general area. Contact information is on their website http://www.erinandkennydierks.com/

The Dierks are awesome!!

TopLine Equestrian Center in Hampshire, IL (NW of Chicago) is the base of Cathy Jones-Forsberg. I have ridden with her for years, she is wonderful and also ICP level 3 certified.

Brad Hall is good too, although he's not based at Geneva Equestrian, he is there quite a bit. I actually just went to a show at Geneva and it was great! Lovely facility.

Quote Originally Posted by Carried Away View Post
    TopLine Equestrian Center in Hampshire, IL (NW of Chicago) is the base of Cathy Jones-Forsberg. I have ridden with her for years, she is wonderful and also ICP level 3 certified.

Brad Hall is good too, although he's not based at Geneva Equestrian, he is there quite a bit. I actually just went to a show at Geneva and it was great! Lovely facility.
    Cathy is wonderful. But yeah... not many options in the area. She might want to find a nice h/j or all around farm to board at and consider trailering out for lessons with Cathy or the Dierks

I second Ken and Eric, both good coaches. Ken's dad Klaus also gives lessons out of Stonehedge. Brad hall is a good coach at events as well. Another person in the Chicagoland area that I can't speak highly enough about is Jamie Price, but she just moved to PA.