The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct. 24, 2012
    Posts
    52

    Default James Alliston!

    He won again!!
    http://www.chronofhorse.com/article/...wns-cci?page=2

    What a great pair! I hear Galway was awesome this year, both the show and the organization... who was lucky to go??



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov. 28, 2011
    Location
    Upatoi, GA
    Posts
    622

    Default

    Can anyone offer insight as to why he uses a double bridle on almost every horse he competes at the upper levels? I'm just wondering because I don't see many UL riders who make a practice of it?
    Founder & President, Dapplebay, Inc.
    Creative Director, Equestrian Culture Magazine
    Take us to print!



  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan. 19, 2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    12,698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leahandpie View Post
    Can anyone offer insight as to why he uses a double bridle on almost every horse he competes at the upper levels? I'm just wondering because I don't see many UL riders who make a practice of it?
    Not sure with him but a double can give you great control over the strength of bit you are using. A lot of riders now don't seem to like to deal with two reins but those who are used to it (often from a hunting background) know that it isn't that hard and gives you a great option.

    ETA: James is a very nice rider...great to see him having such wonderful success!
    Last edited by bornfreenowexpensive; Nov. 5, 2012 at 05:53 PM.
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **



  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec. 25, 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    14

    Default

    So thrilled to see him continue to do well, and especially to see Jumbo's Jake come back from a somewhat rough middle of the season. And from everything I heard, galway was spectacular! very well organized, and robert kellerhouse really pulled out all the stops to make it spectator friendly - and it worked! In my opinion, he has the right idea of what our sport needs to do to regain support and desperately needed funding

    Oh, and I agree with the double bridle as means of varying amounts of control. With most you can see him use primarily the snaffle rein; he probably likes the added edge there for when he needs to get their attention a bit more. He's a very quiet rider all around; lovely to watch.



  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov. 28, 2011
    Location
    Upatoi, GA
    Posts
    622

    Default

    Good to know. I just haven't seen anyone around here using that set up.
    Founder & President, Dapplebay, Inc.
    Creative Director, Equestrian Culture Magazine
    Take us to print!



  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan. 19, 2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    12,698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leahandpie View Post
    Good to know. I just haven't seen anyone around here using that set up.
    You use to see it a lot more often...I've known several that rode at the UL with a double and more that used to fox hunt in one. You also used to see people with two reins on gags and pelhams as well. Now you don't see as many people ride with two reins for anything.
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **



  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep. 11, 2011
    Location
    Area VI
    Posts
    1,758

    Default

    Galway was amazing, and RK really did do a great job of putting it on. There were little things that got overlooked, but honestly, no big event is perfect. The weather was mostly amazing, even though it heated up Sat and Sun, and some of the horses were feeling it.

    Watching James ride was just spectacular, especially through the keyhole water complex. He has the quietest hands and upper body EVER. He made it look so effortless. Kudos to him for another win, he really deserved it! His dressage was beautiful!


    1 members found this post helpful.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by runNjump86 View Post
    Galway was amazing, and RK really did do a great job of putting it on. There were little things that got overlooked, but honestly, no big event is perfect. The weather was mostly amazing, even though it heated up Sat and Sun, and some of the horses were feeling it.

    Watching James ride was just spectacular, especially through the keyhole water complex. He has the quietest hands and upper body EVER. He made it look so effortless. Kudos to him for another win, he really deserved it! His dressage was beautiful!
    Same feedback from a vendor; Galway was great this year!

    And what more could we have hoped than to see a Voltaire rider on the podium?! Congrats to James and Tivoli!

    The Voltaire Design Team



Similar Threads

  1. Etta James
    By ManyDogs in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Jul. 6, 2012, 12:04 PM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: Apr. 15, 2012, 08:13 AM
  3. Silver James
    By equines4life in forum Off Course
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Dec. 30, 2011, 03:46 PM
  4. Dr James Marinakis
    By Melyni in forum Off Course
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Dec. 13, 2011, 02:47 PM
  5. James Alliston as an instructor/trainer
    By Perfect Pony in forum Eventing
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: May. 5, 2011, 01:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
randomness