The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default James Alliston!

He won again!!
    http://www.chronofhorse.com/article/...wns-cci?page=2

What a great pair! I hear Galway was awesome this year, both the show and the organization... who was lucky to go??

Can anyone offer insight as to why he uses a double bridle on almost every horse he competes at the upper levels? I'm just wondering because I don't see many UL riders who make a practice of it?
    Founder & President, Dapplebay, Inc.
    Creative Director, Equestrian Culture Magazine
    Take us to print!

Quote Originally Posted by leahandpie View Post
    Can anyone offer insight as to why he uses a double bridle on almost every horse he competes at the upper levels? I'm just wondering because I don't see many UL riders who make a practice of it?
    Not sure with him but a double can give you great control over the strength of bit you are using. A lot of riders now don't seem to like to deal with two reins but those who are used to it (often from a hunting background) know that it isn't that hard and gives you a great option.

ETA: James is a very nice rider...great to see him having such wonderful success!
    Last edited by bornfreenowexpensive; Nov. 5, 2012 at 05:53 PM.
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **

So thrilled to see him continue to do well, and especially to see Jumbo's Jake come back from a somewhat rough middle of the season. And from everything I heard, galway was spectacular! very well organized, and robert kellerhouse really pulled out all the stops to make it spectator friendly - and it worked! In my opinion, he has the right idea of what our sport needs to do to regain support and desperately needed funding

Oh, and I agree with the double bridle as means of varying amounts of control. With most you can see him use primarily the snaffle rein; he probably likes the added edge there for when he needs to get their attention a bit more. He's a very quiet rider all around; lovely to watch.

Good to know. I just haven't seen anyone around here using that set up.
    Founder & President, Dapplebay, Inc.
    Creative Director, Equestrian Culture Magazine
    Take us to print!

Quote Originally Posted by leahandpie View Post
    Good to know. I just haven't seen anyone around here using that set up.
    You use to see it a lot more often...I've known several that rode at the UL with a double and more that used to fox hunt in one. You also used to see people with two reins on gags and pelhams as well. Now you don't see as many people ride with two reins for anything.
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **

Galway was amazing, and RK really did do a great job of putting it on. There were little things that got overlooked, but honestly, no big event is perfect. The weather was mostly amazing, even though it heated up Sat and Sun, and some of the horses were feeling it.

Watching James ride was just spectacular, especially through the keyhole water complex. He has the quietest hands and upper body EVER. He made it look so effortless. Kudos to him for another win, he really deserved it! His dressage was beautiful!

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by runNjump86 View Post
    Galway was amazing, and RK really did do a great job of putting it on. There were little things that got overlooked, but honestly, no big event is perfect. The weather was mostly amazing, even though it heated up Sat and Sun, and some of the horses were feeling it.

Watching James ride was just spectacular, especially through the keyhole water complex. He has the quietest hands and upper body EVER. He made it look so effortless. Kudos to him for another win, he really deserved it! His dressage was beautiful!
    Same feedback from a vendor; Galway was great this year!

And what more could we have hoped than to see a Voltaire rider on the podium?! Congrats to James and Tivoli!

The Voltaire Design Team