The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nootka View Post
    Oh and I would purchase this girl (I REALLY like her) but the website is a bit of a turn off. Read the FAQ and Here
    http://www.virginiasporthorses.com/p...oducts_id=1200
    I'm pretty sure there has been a VSH trainwreck thread on here before, if you can find it in the archives. Complete with the site owners coming on and trying to defend all their policies.

1 members found this post helpful.

Eh it's just their way to show you the horse is calm and tolerant.

Paula
    He is total garbage! Quick! Hide him on my trailer (Petstorejunkie).

Quote Originally Posted by HappyVagrant View Post
    I'm pretty sure there has been a VSH trainwreck thread on here before, if you can find it in the archives. Complete with the site owners coming on and trying to defend all their policies.
    I was going to ask if anyone knew about them. I did a basic search and couldn't find anything. I need to try harder

Paula@ I still would like to come up there and steal your Rhodies
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde
    "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"

Quote Originally Posted by Hinderella View Post
    I'm more tempted by the Mustang X gelding, Cherokee
    Same! Good lord.... If he we were closer, I'd be dragging my BO out right now. She is on the hunt for a safe horse for her daughter and herself, trail riding for her and something her daughter can do *whatever* on.
    Aisha, my heart from 03/06/1986 to 08/22/2008.

COTH's official mini-donk enabler.
    Odie, aka the Evil Burrito, is on Facebook.

Online shopping is SO dangerous... I had been planning to buy a youngster but figured I'd do it in a year or two when my current guy is closer to retiring. Nevertheless I was window shopping this past September and found a great prospect... Guess who now has a yearling Oldenburg colt frolicking in her field? LOL

2 members found this post helpful.

Well, I think that given the problems you have had with Fella who came from the same dealer and appeared to have slightly more training I would pass. I would also pass because just because some amish kid can get on him bareback in his plow bridle and trot him in straight lines doesn't mean he's exactly broke to ride. I would also pass because he's in his upper teens, has probably pulled a plow his entire life and probably is being sold because he isn't sound enough to do that anymore.

4 members found this post helpful.

Agree, enjoytheride. I would pass. Looks like a total project. Is there something wrong with his back?

Am I the only one who thinks Randy is barn-sour? He kept trying to turn back and the rider really had to use some leg to get him going.

yup, agree, he didn't seem that well broke

I don't know what problems Fella had as a result of John. John's a broker. Fella was a trail horse. Randy doesn't seem in any way trained, but I know he's been exposed so he should have a good head on his shoulders. I am wondering why he's being retired from the field and that's what I asked John in the voice mail I left. I'll see what he says.

And 15 ain't that old not unless I'm looking to climb the eventing ladder or something.

I'll let you know.

Paula

Quote Originally Posted by enjoytheride View Post
    Well, I think that given the problems you have had with Fella who came from the same dealer and appeared to have slightly more training I would pass. I would also pass because just because some amish kid can get on him bareback in his plow bridle and trot him in straight lines doesn't mean he's exactly broke to ride. I would also pass because he's in his upper teens, has probably pulled a plow his entire life and probably is being sold because he isn't sound enough to do that anymore.
    This can't be repeated enough times on this thread, apparently.

If you think about all the concussion legs on pavement take, I'd say an Amish horse is likely to be a *very old* 15.

With the problems you've had with Fella who seems like a good sort, do you think a less trained horse from the same dealer, who gets in similar types of horses at varying levels of training, is going to be easier? Really?
    My horse is a dressage diva so I don't have to be.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine
    If you have a fat gay horse that likes Parelli, you're really screwed

I'm confused. Someone refresh my memory about which issues with Fella you're referring to.

Paula

ok.i am the voice of rationalization.......lol:

i have THREE riding critters so that when i take one out, there is not just one remaing lonely ,and having a fit in the pasture......

how's that for enabling?

2 members found this post helpful.

I think that's perfect Any time I think of having my horsie at home I think about those kinds of logistics.

Paula

Quote Originally Posted by paulaedwina View Post
    I'm confused. Someone refresh my memory about which issues with Fella you're referring to.

Paula
    I'm sorry, but really?
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

1 members found this post helpful.

If I can sell my gelding there is a weanling filly that I have been drooling over for months now. More than likely she will be long since sold by the time I get my boy going (and with enough show experience) to get what I want for him. Oh well, I can still dream!

Quote Originally Posted by Long Spot View Post
    I'm sorry, but really?
    Really. Sometimes you're so close to a thing that you lose perspective. So really please remind me of the Fella issues you're referring to.

Aaah, you thought I was being a smart ass. No, that was not my intention.

Paula

Iove online shopping, ie window browsing, for horses :-) I almost always have a few that I'm stalking at any given moment, and am ALWAYS so sad when they've suddenly sold one day! Of course I'm not really looking for a horse, and never contact the people selling... just lust after horses from afar....
    MrB's attempt at talking like a horse person, "We'll be entering in the amateur hunter-gatherer division...."

I don't get it, OP.....what do you find appealing about this animal? Nothing about him spoke to me, so I am genuninely curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Houndhill View Post
    I don't get it, OP.....what do you find appealing about this animal? Nothing about him spoke to me, so I am genuninely curious.
    me neither. He's just a big tired looking horse. Straight out of a sale scene in Black Beauty. I'm not seeing it.
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. (Steven Wright)