I moved to a new apartment about a month ago. It is much larger than my old apartment with a lovely deck and sliding glass door that my dog can look out of. I am owned by a fantastic 3yo beagle/aussie mix which is almost always a perfect girl.

About 3 weeks after we moved, Maggie starting peeing and pooping in the new apartment. She is very housebroken and can (and will) hold it for a very long time. I understand that moving is stressful. My work schedule is 7 days per week, either 8-5 or 9-6. I'm usually able to take her to the dog park 2-3 days per week and we go on a long walk every day. She usually gets outside every 4 hours or so. Her "accidents" always happen while I'm at work so I cannot scold her. She has plenty of opportunity to do her business outside. This was never a problem in the old apartment.

I thought about crating her while I'm at work, but she hasn't been crated since she was a puppy. I'm afraid that it will only add to the stress that's causing the problem in the first place.

Help?? This isn't an everyday occurrence, but it has happened 2-3 times in the span of 2-3 weeks.