The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Horse H/J View Post
    I was very bummed that T-dog died.
    No worries, that other interchangeable black character seamlessly stepped into the token angry black guy role.

I have to say, even though I am currently annoyed with the plot- I generally like the show. But I find their treatment of minority characters COMPLETELY INSULTING. T-dog was never a fleshed-out character and was so stereotypical, and as soon as they found a second black dude, they killed him. Like there can't be two black people in the crew?! REALLY?!
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacup View Post
    possible SPOILERS!
    I did like that the Talking Dead cleared up one thing - Lori is definitely dead and the walker had been munching on her. I have no idea why Sarah Silverman was on Talking Dead.
    wait! Walker munching on Lori? Where? When?

I thought the actor who played Rick was an Aussie?? Is he British?

When Rick killed the fat bellied walker in his rampage, apparently that was evidence it ate Lori, and there were hairs on it's face. Now, how a walker can eat a whole body bones and all is another whole issue.

Don't even get me started on how they can be dead and everything but their brain destroyed, falling off, but they still have enough body fluids to spurt everywhere.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by 1sock View Post
    I had to go back to page 9 to find this thread, thought I'd bump it up as we have another new episode tonight.

Do you all watch the Talking Dead as well? Last week's Talking Dead was probably the lamest one I've seen yet, (Sarah Silverman, really?) but I was surprised to see that Rick is British in real life!
    Sarah Silverman annoys the crap outta me!!! Can't stand her. I'm with you on that one....

Her opinions were pretty terrible. I think she was just trying to be edgy, but instead she came off as obnoxious.

I'm interested to see where tonight's episode (20 mins!) goes.

She is obnoxious!!

I totally called it with my friends that Rick was hallucinating and it was Lori on the phone. So excited to see that Carol is alive! I can totally see something happening between Darryl and her. I'm also curious to see what happens with Michonne in the Atlanta group and Glenn and Maggie with the gov!!
    **Friend of bar.ka**

Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate

I KNEW Carol wasn't dead....moving on Very excited for tonight's episode. So glad Michonne tracked down Rick's group.

Ok, who saw it already?????

Glenn rocks! I'd have taken off my outside shirt, then told the Gov to stuff it. Her hands are free now, tell him to go bring that hand back. I'd be waiting for the sumbitch. Can't wait for next week (& it's the season finale!)

Quote Originally Posted by threedogpack View Post
    Ok, who saw it already?????

Glenn rocks! I'd have taken off my outside shirt, then told the Gov to stuff it. Her hands are free now, tell him to go bring that hand back. I'd be waiting for the sumbitch. Can't wait for next week (& it's the season finale!)
    Glenn is now officially a badass. Seriously.
    I may be wrong, but I think next week's episode is the "midseason finale", like they did to us last season.... so there would be more episodes coming after a "break"..... (anyone know how long???)
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done".

Yeah, what does "midseason finale" mean?! I thought they did that because of the writer's strike. The plan is always to take a hiatus in the middle of the season?!
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Ahhhhhh, just watched the latest episode, and cannot wait for the next one! It's gonna be craaaaazzzyyyyyy! And Glen is one of the best bad ass' on the show, I was freaking out thinking they were going to kill him off!
    "On the back of a horse I felt whole, complete, connected to that vital place in the center of me...and the chaos within me found balance."

Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    Yeah, what does "midseason finale" mean?! I thought they did that because of the writer's strike. The plan is always to take a hiatus in the middle of the season?!
    I guess they know we're hooked so they can do that to us.
    The Walking Dead wiki says there are 16 episodes in the 3rd season. Next weeks episode (the midseason finale) is episode 8. My Mom thought last night that it was mentioned the series would continue in January, I'm trying to find the actual date online right now.

I agree though- WTF? Does any other series on TV have a "midseason finale"???

(Edited to add) I just found this online:

We're dangerously close to the end of the first half of The Walking Dead Season 3. Thankfully, this is a longer-than-usual season. Season 1 had six episodes. Season 2 had 13 episodes. Season 3 has 16, with the first eight finishing up on Sunday, December 2 with Episode 8, "Made to Suffer."

That's the midseason finale. Then we take a break for a couple of cold months, only to return in February 2013. An exact start date has yet to be released. They split Season 2 as well, with the second section starting on February 12, 2012. It's possible AMC will do something similar in 2013, perhaps having the show return on Sunday, February 10 or Sunday, February 17. We'll have to wait a bit for something solid, but best just leave February wide open for more drama from Rick's prison group and The Governor's Woodbury.
    Last edited by 1sock; Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:58 PM. Reason: adding information
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done".

I havent watched the first couple of seasons but am totally hooked on this show! I'll be sad if it's really off for a few months....cant wait for more!

Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    He's also more than a little whacked. Him and his scientist friend are clearly doing experiments on the zombies. Maybe trying to find the key to reverse the disease or prevent new people from being born with the virus? Heads make nice trophies too
    Wasn't the govenor hugging and brushing the hair of a little girl zombie in an earlier episode (who I assume is/was his daughter)? That's my thought as to why he is so gun ho on the experimentation on the zombies...to get his little girl back.

I also didnt realize this was based on comics....I might have to go look that up now