The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Default Seven Pines Hunt Club....

If anyone is familiar with this group, it seems three of their dogs were brought to the Dinwiddie animal shelter with no identification except a "7P" spray-painted on the side of their bodies and they need to be returned to their owners. There's also a report that indicates these dogs were either stolen by someone or got loose as another dog was apparently found dead nearby with the same markings on it. All efforts at contacting the group have apparently failed due to lack of reliable communication channels, so I figured I'd post something here and see if anyone who knows them can reach out to them properly.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!

1 members found this post helpful.

Hey Lex - those are a different kind of foxhounds. I may be able to put you in touch with those folks. Not from that hunt club, but folks who may know them.

Whoever has the hounds now - please inform them it is a felony to remove the collar off a hunting dog in Virginia. From your post it sounds like they did not have a collar on them - but just in case they did/do - let them know. In the meantime, pm me and I'll see if I can help.

Thanks for helping locate the owners. I'm sure they want their hounds back but may be having trouble locating them.
    Brothers and sisters, I bid you beware
    Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.
    -Rudyard Kipling

1 members found this post helpful.

This has already been posted on speeddogs.

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

They have been at the shelter for almost a week or more from what I've read on Facebook. The three dogs came in with no identification, collars, or markings except for the "7P' painted on their sides. I don't know how they got to the shelter, but there was a report of a dead dog - roadside fatality it seems - with the same markings in the area. The shelter has been trying to get in touch with the hunt because they were told by locals and those familiar with the hunt that the dogs belonged to them though no hunt representative or anyone else in the area who might be missing dogs for that matter - some hound owners/breeders in that area have reported mass thefts - has shown up to claim them or contacted the shelter. If you know of someone in the hunt or anyone else who might be or know the owner of these hounds, please have them contact the Dinwiddie County Animal Shelter so that they can confirm whether or not the dogs belong to the group or to someone else. I am simply passing this on because it's making the rounds on Facebook and apparently going nowhere.
    Last edited by LexInVA; Dec. 29, 2012 at 06:59 PM.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!