The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Looking for a brood mare

Hello!
    I am looking for a brood mare to match to my Trakehner stallion. I am looking for a registered mare, and while I cannot offer much in terms of payment, I can offer her a beautiful forever home on 64 acres where she will be loved and pampered. If she is rideable, that would be a plus. She would not be a baby factory as I am only looking to get a couple of foals to demonstrate the stallion's progeny. He is being trained as a hunter currently. He has an easy going personality, is around 16.3hh now, but will finish larger. He is a dark bay with no white. I am happy to send pictures of the stallion if you wish.
    I am happy to work a deal where if we ever got to a point where she is no longer a fit, I would send her back to you and not sell her.
    I am located in Marietta, Ga.
    If you have something or know of anything, please let me know.
    Thanks!

I get stuff on Trak mares all the time.

Is this the stallion at Jos'? What is his breeding and ate you presenting him?
    Emerald Acres standing the ATA Approved Stallion, Tatendrang. Visit us at our Facebook Farm Page as well!

An acquaintance in the north Atlanta area just gave away a Trakehner mare by Advocate. She was a tough, tough cookie to deal with, though, so probably not a good prospect for breeding.

Go to this FB group (you will need to ask to join). It's purpose is to sell or buy nice WB mares. You can see if there is one that interests you or post what you are looking for.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/443810752317553/
    Richard, Approved Black KWPN Stallion
    Website
    and Facebook page
    Oh Kaptain Underpants SFS, Approved BRp pony stallion
    Website and Facebook page

OP: you might want to also keep your eyes on the giveaway section of this forum. You may find something there. Also, I heard somewhere that Valhalla Farm in Northern Fla. is downsizing - don't know if its true, but they have bred lots of Trakehners, so you may want to check with them.

Edited to add: There is a mare on this thread for free lease for a shorter period, located in Michigan. Also, the giveaway section is at the very bottom of the Forums "home" page. Nice looking TB mare oldenburg approved is there.

Good luck.
    We don't get less brave; we get a bigger sense of self-preservation........

Cornerstone Equestrian
    Home of Amazing (Balou du Rouet/Voltaire)
    KWPN, ISR/Old NA, RPSI, and IHF stallion
    www.cornerstonefarmpa.com

Hello!
    Smoothie is at my own farm in Marietta, Ga. Smoothe Criminal is by Krusader 225 and out of Silver Sarita. Both are located in Canada. Krusader is a performance approved stallion. Smoothie is registered and approved through the Canadian Trakehner Horse Society. I have not presented him yet for another registry due to his age. I didn't feel comfortable pushing through a jumping chute until he has had a bit more time to grow. I don't want to risk an injury to his joints. He is currently going undersaddle with 60 days of professional training. He is a sweet heart to be around and work with. He has impeccable manners on the ground and under saddle. He is never difficult to handle and is very respectful of his humans. He loves work as well. He has never once offered to buck, rear, kick, spin, etc. Just a dream.

This FREE registered Arab-Trakehner mare doesn't have much more time before she is put to sleep, she was on another post
    http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...b-mare-in-mass
    Standing White Magic, cremello Jockey Club stallion~ www.whitemagictb.com
    RIP~Zack, 1976-2007; always there when I needed you to the very end; run free with the girls, until we gallop together again!