The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I did the Essure. My Gyno did it in an outpatient facility at the hospital. Took 25 minutes after anesthesia. In, out, done. You're supposed to have it tested about 3-6 months later to check that the scar tissue did in fact form completely, sealing the area. I waited 1.5 years (because I'm lazy! LOL) and when he did the quick test (again at the outpatient area) I was awake (no need for sleepies), took 1 minute once he was ready. All he did was try to inject liquid past the scar tissue. He took particular glee from making me a bit uncomfy with it, the pressure (he and I have had a 'rocky relationship' I'm a bit of a 'difficult patient' but I'd warned him in advance) but it was no biggie. I was 100% 'fixed'...

I'd do Essure before a tubal; it's just less invasive, less $$ and works great.
    "As a rule we disbelieve all the facts and theories for which we have no use."- William James
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Proud member of the Wheat Loss Clique.

Update for anyone who's interested - I decided to go ahead with the tubal, and had it done a little less than 2 weeks ago. It was very much No Big Deal - I was super anxious going in, but I woke up with very little pain feeling like I'd just had an awesome nap (propofol rocks!) I was a little uncomfortable the rest of the day, and sometime in the middle of that night my tubes quit hurting. The incision (just one, in my belly button) was sore for a few days, but that was it. I had the procedure on Tuesday, and was back on a horse on Thursday. Wish I'd done it years ago!

1 members found this post helpful.