The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Sergio Grasso Boots?

Anyone have them? Likes/dislikes? What model do you have? Does anyone know the differences between the San Remo, Mondava and Veniza (not sure of exact names/spelling)? Do you show in them also? Thanks in advance.

I was under the impression they made JUMPER dress boots.
    www.destinationconsensusequus.com
    chaque pas est fait ensemble

I have 2 pairs of San Remos. One pair in black that is for shows only. And a brown pair that is for daily use. The Brown pair has a medium liner in them so they are a little stiffer than my black pair which are buttery. But not rigid stiff like Konig's or Petrie's.

Petstore, More dressage riders are wearing the softer, more comfortable slim fitting boots. After trying on a pair of Sergios I don't think I can go back to the stiff traditional boots. The Sergios are very flattering and instantly comfortable. I am trying to decide which ones to get when I get my ducks (aka $$$) in a row.

1 members found this post helpful.

I have Sergio Grassos and love them, but I'm not sure which model. They're at least 8 years old. I've had to replace the zipper twice, but otherwise have no complaints.

Finally...back in civilization, more or less

I have a pair of Sergio Grassos (older model, not sure of the name) and they are f-a-b-u-l-o-u-s. Very comfortable to wear, very, very pretty... and they've held up nicely as well.

I know that dressage riders have traditionally worn very stiff boots, but personally I don't think they are either all that comfortable nor all that flattering. They look like something a policeman or military officer might wear. The slimmer fitting boots are so much nicer in appearance, and so much more comfortable to wear!
    We move pretty fast for some rabid garden snails.
    -PaulaEdwina

Why not support a local, family-owned boot maker that will make whatever you want.

Kroop Boots in Laurel, MD
    http://www.kroopboots.com/

1 members found this post helpful.

Disco and Lucass, Thanks for your input. Do you have square or round toe models? Toe caps or not? No one store seems to carry the San Remo, Montava and Vincenza for comparison. I want a stiffer leather than H/J boots, but not like Koenig, Petrie, Cavallo. Plus, I think the tapered ankle is very classy on the Sergios. I also love the Tredstep Raphael. For the money, they are a really attractive and comfortable boot. Unfortunately, the size, height and width don't work for me. Of course, Sergio has the exact foot size, height and calf fit right out of the box. (For quite a bit more $$)

Hi! Mine have a rounded toe. They're a field boot style, I think the Imperia. I checked out the ones you mentioned on their website - http://www.sergiograsso.it/lineaconc...ivali_cerniera

The Vicenza and Mantova are stunning!

Finally...back in civilization, more or less

Quote Originally Posted by Maude View Post
    Disco and Lucass, Thanks for your input. Do you have square or round toe models? Toe caps or not? No one store seems to carry the San Remo, Montava and Vincenza for comparison. I want a stiffer leather than H/J boots, but not like Koenig, Petrie, Cavallo. Plus, I think the tapered ankle is very classy on the Sergios. I also love the Tredstep Raphael. For the money, they are a really attractive and comfortable boot. Unfortunately, the size, height and width don't work for me. Of course, Sergio has the exact foot size, height and calf fit right out of the box. (For quite a bit more $$)
    The ones I wear have a rounded toe, no toe caps although if/when I buy a new pair, I think I will add the cap, as I like the look.

I also just ordered a pair of Tucci dress boots... they are another option to consider, although somewhat $$$.
    We move pretty fast for some rabid garden snails.
    -PaulaEdwina

My black San Remo's have a round toe. I purchased them in 2004, I think.
    The brown San Remo's with the medium liner, which makes them a little stiffer than my black ones, have a square toe. I purchased them in 2006.

I went through a canadian Sergio Grasso distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by pluvinel View Post
    Why not support a local, family-owned boot maker that will make whatever you want.

Kroop Boots in Laurel, MD
    http://www.kroopboots.com/
    They make wonderful boots. GO FOR IT

I have custom Dehners and Sergios. I loved the Dehners until I slipped on a pair of the Sergio's. I love them.

I have Sergio's I bought a few years ago & adore them. They aren't stiff but still look great during a test. Minimal break-in, slim ankle, gorgeous. I've got very narrow ankles, high instep, and wide calves, and these fit. Semi-custom, same price as customs tho. They are perfect.
    I have toe caps, round top, no weird ankle detailing. Have used for fox hunting and dressage, eventing.
    And the wise, Jack Daniels drinking, slow-truck-driving, veteran TB handler who took "no shit from no hoss Miss L, y'hear," said: "She aint wrapped too tight."