The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I call my DH the orgasmic cleaner. I do much better if I whittle away at it but not him - he'll take a mess and pack it up and stuff it in all the closets in one furious blast of activity so the place looks great and he expects a pat on the back, but damned if you can use the closets or find any of what was in the mess.
    Courageous Weenie Eventer Wannabe
    Incredible Invisible

1 members found this post helpful.

He must try to purposefully do such a bad job "cleaning" so that you will never ask him to help again! Who throws out an ipod?

Quote Originally Posted by Grataan View Post
    "Oh, well, I read the box and you're not supposed to use those super absorbent ones, you should just use lite ones and change more often" ( Hand to God, I am NOT making this up) I just burst out laughing-I couldn't even explain to him why it was so funny.
    Wait. He stopped, read the tampon box, and made a judgement call... on how often you should be changing your tampons?

ROTFLMAO

And what was his thought process on the Wrangler jeans?

Oh thank you for this thread, I can laugh a little now about the big snit I was in yesterday about having to do all the cleaning here!

DH is a low impact cleaner... when I come home and am confronted with the same mess I left he will tell me that he "got the thick of it" and left the rest for me... ?

I know for sure "the thick of it" doesn't include the toilet, bathroom mirror, countertops, floors, or pretty much anything that isn't in the kitchen. Facing the kitchen TV.

Quote Originally Posted by SmartAlex View Post
    Wait. He stopped, read the tampon box, and made a judgement call... on how often you should be changing your tampons?

ROTFLMAO

And what was his thought process on the Wrangler jeans?
    apparently he likes blue wranglers better so he just decided to get rid of the black ones. Um hello I show western pleasure-I'm not going to rock the blue wranglers and black chaps lol
    Michael: Seems the people who burned me want me for a job.
    Sam: A job? Does it pay?
    Michael: Nah, it's more of a "we'll kill you if you don't do it" type of thing.
    Sam: Oh. I've never liked those.

He read the box? Hahaha.
    Aisha, my heart from 03/06/1986 to 08/22/2008.

COTH's official mini-donk enabler.
    Odie, aka the Evil Burrito, is on Facebook.

These are great. Glad to know I am not alone.
    Mr. Sport is awesome around the house, he cooks, does his own laundry and even sweeps and vaccuums, but I get really scared when he tidys up surfaces.
    I came home one night last week and papers I had sitting beside MY computer were missing.
    He had put them all in the recycling bin. Papers included our marriage licence, a few hundred dollars in gift cards and certificates, a couple of unpaid bills and a few other things that were still needed. Thankfully I was able to recover all of them before garbage day.

Mine doesn't actually throw anything away, but might as well!
    When he "cleans," he gathers up all the things that he does not want to see on the home surfaces, and puts them in a box, bag, whatever is handy, then makes that box, bag, whatever become invisible. He'll put it in the storage area of the bathroom. Or the storage area under the stairs. Or in another box under the bed. Or in the box behind the other box on the shelves.
    When he says, "I put it away when I was cleaning," it means, "it's hidden, and it will take a journey through a maze with David Bowie and some Muppets to find it again."

11 members found this post helpful.

Hastyreply, MrB is a big stacker too. And it's the same for us, i know I'm messy, but mrb thinks he's clean. Or he'll say, "I used to be tidy, then i met you"
    boy, please.
    He had the same stacks of clothes (like a dresser, without the hassle of doors and drawers!) And cleaning is going through a few stacks of papers and Dvds VERY thoroughly, then losing steam and just shuffling around the other stacks nd he's highly allergic to dust mites and thinks moving things slowly will drastically decrease his risk of getting ill. I say, take some allergy pills, wear a mask and go absolutely balls to the wall and get it done fast. But whatever.
    I'm not clean or tidy myself so I've no place to really complain.
    And my own binge cleaning episode of the past bit me in the butt so im really careful now. Back when I was living in Dublin and working at lush I was using a few shopping bags to help me clean and reorganize my stuff. You know, a bag for the trash a bag for stuff in the living room that belongs in the bedroom, etc. Well, i was chosen to go to London for a training session for work one weekend. A few days before the trip, i went to grab my passport to have handy.
    Couldn't find it anywhere. It was gone. Gone like yesterday. Apparently at some point in my tossing items into bags, i confused the 'important stuff' bag and the 'trash.' Yep, threw out my passport.
    Thankfully the American Embassy was very accommodating and I received an emergency replacement in twenty four hours! I was, and still am, really bummed that i lost ALL those stamps and records of my travels.
    So now I'm muuuuch more careful!
    Last edited by bits619; Nov. 5, 2012 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Errant declaration of a board game. Wtf autocorrect
    (A decidedly unhorsey) MrB knocks over a feed bucket at the tack shop and mutters, "Oh crap. I failed the stadium jumping phase."
    (he does listen!)

apparently he likes blue wranglers better so he just decided to get rid of the black ones.
    That's interesting.... I wonder what my wardrobe would look like if I came home and DH had thrown away everything he didn't like? I'm sure I would have no flannel PJs left.

Erniewalker, ahh loved that! "I wish the goblins would come and take you away! Right now!"
    (A decidedly unhorsey) MrB knocks over a feed bucket at the tack shop and mutters, "Oh crap. I failed the stadium jumping phase."
    (he does listen!)

An accurate description of my DH's feelings about cleaning:

http://jokideo.com/wp-content/upload...25978898_n.jpg
    *Absolut Equestrian*

"The plural of anecdote is not fact...except in the horse industry"

Quote Originally Posted by erniewalker View Post
    Mine doesn't actually throw anything away, but might as well!
    When he "cleans," he gathers up all the things that he does not want to see on the home surfaces, and puts them in a box, bag, whatever is handy, then makes that box, bag, whatever become invisible. He'll put it in the storage area of the bathroom. Or the storage area under the stairs. Or in another box under the bed. Or in the box behind the other box on the shelves.
    When he says, "I put it away when I was cleaning," it means, "it's hidden, and it will take a journey through a maze with David Bowie and some Muppets to find it again."
    AAAHHHH. Mr. Cooler and your DH are on the same wave length.
    "Never do anything that you have to explain twice to the paramedics."
    Courtesy my cousin Tim

We're in the middle of a move. It was kind of an abrupt move. My husband and his kids have lived in this house for 12 years. There is a LOT of crap to move.I had asked him to go through things and get rid of what we could (I'm not new to moving) but nothing happened. He moved 2 mos ago so I've been handling all the move stuff from this end. (and organizing moving the horse, and dealing with a sick dog, and trying to wrap up a job I've been at for 10 years.) He has been playing poker with his new friends, going out to dinner, and jogging.

So...the stuff was delivered last Wed at the new house in VA. He face timed with me this weekend. He has the couch, the big screen TV, and the computer set up. Everything else? In boxes. His statement as he panned around the rooms with his iphone, "I'm just going to leave that stuff for you because you're better at organizing things."

Makes me think of that phrase "Nobody else can whitewash that fence as well as you!"

LOL. Thank you babe. My plan? Most of that crap is staying in boxes til it falls off of a ship on the way to wherever we go next.
    A good horseman doesn't have to tell anyone...the horse already knows.

Might be a reason, never an excuse...

BuddyRoo-I'm just a few months ahead of you. I just posted in the clean house thread about how I am keeping all my family's crap in boxes after a move. It works, do it! This house has remained so much cleaner than the last one!

apparently he likes blue wranglers better so he just decided to get rid of the black ones. Um hello I show western pleasure-I'm not going to rock the blue wranglers and black chaps lol
    Your husband is the king (of control freaks). Deciding when you change your tampons, throwing away your clothing he doesn't prefer and I assume your sunglasses and IPod offended him in some way. I probably wouldn't find a lot of humor in it if my DH acted this way.

I have to say mine is much more annoying in other ways but when he does clean it always seems like MY stuff is the most offensive. I think it's Freudian or something...passive aggressive!
    Ride like you mean it.

LOL! Look what got dredged up out of the Similar Threads! I was just thinking about this thread and the whole Grataan trainwreck the other day.

you need to trade husbands with the lady who is complaining about the slob. HA!

Was surprised to see this one dredged up. Was a good one.

SmartAlex: can you find the Graatan trainwreck?? Not sure if I ever actually read that one.

She was entertaining to say the least.

P.
    A Wandering Albertan - NEW Africa travel blog!