The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Facebook is down, so I am HERE!

Who else?

Oh good so it's not only me!

1 members found this post helpful.

It's back up now.

Its been working for me .

P.
    A Wandering Albertan - NEW Africa travel blog!

What the heck is up with that Facebook Messenger thing? I hate it, I uninstalled it from my phone. It made all my friends heads float around my screen and would not go away
    The Knotted Pony

Proud and upstanding member of the Snort and Blow Clique.

Quote Originally Posted by twotrudoc View Post
    What the heck is up with that Facebook Messenger thing? I hate it, I uninstalled it from my phone. It made all my friends heads float around my screen and would not go away
    You just grab the circle with your finger and drag or flick it to the bottom center of the screen to make it go away. (You can also turn the chat heads off in the preferences.)

I don't understand the fuss about messenger. It was one of the first things I downloaded when I got my phone. I find it so much easier to use the chat heads as opposed to going in and out of my FB app repeatedly, especially if having a long conversation while using web or other apps on my phone.

Down again
    Proud Member Of The Lady Mafia

I say that I liked my friends and relatives a heck of a lot more before I was forced to know all of their political/religious views. I peek in Face every couple days, wade through the garbage for a few gems, then leave again. I almost never post.

StG

Quote Originally Posted by furlong47 View Post
    You just grab the circle with your finger and drag or flick it to the bottom center of the screen to make it go away. (You can also turn the chat heads off in the preferences.)

I don't understand the fuss about messenger. It was one of the first things I downloaded when I got my phone. I find it so much easier to use the chat heads as opposed to going in and out of my FB app repeatedly, especially if having a long conversation while using web or other apps on my phone.

I'm chugging the Chat Head Hater-ade maam!
    The Knotted Pony

usually play candy crush at lunch

Where the prairie ends and the mountains begin

Someone must have tripped over that dang power cord again. I hate when that happens.
    Dreaming in Color

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by StGermain View Post
    I say that I liked my friends and relatives a heck of a lot more before I was forced to know all of their political/religious views.
    I am on the same page.

I can provide you of what you will see on your Facebook if you want:

Annie S with Bobby B. landed at Chicago Airport: yayyyyy Lolla time!!!!!

Charlotte P: heading to watch my best friend marry her best friend #johnsonwedding2014

Sara R: see this incredible article on Gaza, it's the best one I have read

Rachel J: posted a photo of her doing yoga on the beach

Annie M: God is GOOD

Jane L: OMG if one more person calls me at work I am going to lose it, TGIF

Michael: posted a photo of the sky from last night. (It's actually quite pretty)

Boutique you follow: come check out these clothes to wipe away these rainy day blues

Kristin M and Peter S are engaged-157 likes and 85 comments (from last night, still showing up on your feed)

Elizabeth posts photo of her horse with a blue ribbon

Madison posts a Buzzfeed article about drinking in your early 20's versus drinking in your late 20s and says "omg Rachel we are so #4"

Kara P: touch down in Boston for the #smithwedding!

5 members found this post helpful.

The Knotted Pony

Productivity just went up 50%...a spike in profits.
    Proud member of People Who Hate to Kill Wildlife clique

Also, said above post is by no means being snarky! Feel free to even add. I too would like facebook to be up as I am so bored-all our clients are on vacation and I am averaging one email per hour. I would like to read but worried boss will catch me and insist I do something, which is nothing.

Reading the Goldfinch-excellent book!

Quote Originally Posted by mortgagemyhorse View Post

Charlotte P: heading to watch my best friend marry her best friend #johnsonwedding2014

Annie M: God is GOOD

Michael: posted a photo of the sky from last night. (It's actually quite pretty)

Boutique you follow: come check out these clothes to wipe away these rainy day blues

Kristin M and Peter S are engaged-157 likes and 85 comments (from last night, still showing up on your feed)

Madison posts a Buzzfeed article about drinking in your early 20's versus drinking in your late 20s and says "omg Rachel we are so #4"

Kara P: touch down in Boston for the #smithwedding!
    Your forgot:

Mary H: "My pride and joy!" *posts 569837385 picture of baby sitting in a highchair/in play pen.*

Followed by 65967589 likes because everyone feels obligated to like the pictures one posts of their little flesh lump.

Francene K: "OMG I'm so mad! Just leave me alone! I don't want to talk to anybody!! It's none of your business! "

Quote Originally Posted by mortgagemyhorse View Post

OMG how are you on my FB!
    Proud Member Of The Lady Mafia

FB is back up. I just came off of it.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

http://s1098.photobucket.com/albums/...2011%20Photos/

Facebook is invaluable to rescue. Exhibit A...and it all started with one degree of separation. I was friend #1 (really she is the friend of a friend).

"One by one the Family Hounds pack had shrunk until there was only one hound, Maggie.

At first Maggie seemed to be fine with that. She had always bumped the others out of her way to get to the front for attention, for treats, and to be the first one leashed for a walk.

After a few weeks Maggie seemed to get quieter and just a bit clingy.
    Then there was the wild 4th of July party where we had a houseguest who brought TWO DOGS. TWO DOGS so there was always someone to hang out with. TWO DOGS which made the stuffed Kong party a raging success.
    Maggie's humans were astounded to see her so delighted.

But the weekend ended, and the TWO DOGS went home. The house was quiet.
    A couple days before the TWO DOGS went home, Maggie's humans and their house guest went to the local shelter because they wanted to see her have that delight all the time.

Out of all the dogs there only 2 dogs there that were suitable as far as size goes, but as they took each one into the dog run to get acquainted with it they quickly realized that one dog was too small in spirit, one one dog was too large. They sadly left the shelter knowing they weren't going to find Maggie's Special Friend that day.

Maggie's mom posted on facebook about the dilemma. How could there not be a Special Friend for Maggie?

Then a facebook friend who Maggie's mom didn't know well answered and thought a friend of hers might have ideas. The friend of a friend knew another friend, who responded right away and said she knew JUST THE DOG FOR MAGGIE.

A couple days later the friend of the friend of the friend loaded up a very special dog and drove quite a ways on her day off work to bring JUST THE DOG FOR MAGGIE to meet Maggie's humans and see if it was a fit.

It was a fit.

A perfect fit.

Even though Maggie's humans hadn't been able to very well describe what they wanted in JUST THE DOG FOR MAGGIE, as soon as he came in the door they knew. There he was, and his name was Rocky.

Rocky, like Maggie, had a bit of a sad past. Dumped at the shelter because his owners were moving into a place where he wasn't allowed to be. Adopted by a family of kids (and Rocky sure does love kids!) then brought back to the shelter only a month later saying he was unsuitable. On the euthansia list more than once, only spared because the friend of a friend of a friend of Maggie's mom championed for him. She believed in him, and believed the perfect home was out there, as eager to find him as he was eager to find them.

She was right.

Rocky is in his forever home where he is already greatly loved and he's JUST THE DOG FOR MAGGIE.

Please help support dog rescue and if you have just a couple bucks to spare could you maybe help support Shamrock Greyhound Placement (Maggie's rescue).

This is what facebook does best!
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

5 members found this post helpful.