The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Dress boots for the short and round/wide?

I'm 5'1 and... round. And nobody makes dress boots shorter than 17", except mountain horse, but even then they're .5" too small in the calf.

I need a calf width of close to 15.5", and height of 16.5" (this is factoring drop!), and a size 7. Anybody have any suggestions for the short but not super slim ladies in need of boots?? I'm trying not to spend an arm and a leg here!

http://www.smartpakequine.com/fuller...x?cm_vc=Search

The short/wide should work

ETA: The Mountain Horse boots do stretch considerably, so might be worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by InstigatorKate View Post
    http://www.smartpakequine.com/fuller...x?cm_vc=Search

The short/wide should work

ETA: The Mountain Horse boots do stretch considerably, so might be worth a try.
    I worry about the Fuller Fillies ones because they've got such a size range for one calf size. And I'm on the small side of the range, and I do love a snug fit. And the elastic/gusset panels are kind of, meh, and the reviews are mediocre.

I considered getting the Mountain Horse boots and having them stretched, or having my leather worker add a bit of elastic if need be...

I wish I had somewhere I could try these on, but Canada has poor selection! Thanks for the suggestion!

Default hmm... what about these?

http://www.dogwoodlondon.co.uk/shop/...ress-boot.html

The size chart is almost exactly my measurements. My concern is the shorts only allow for a max of 2-3 cm (just under an inch) of drop, but the regular height is 2"+ of drop...

Find some that are the right height even if they're a little too slim and get an elastic gusset put in. My friend had a gusset put in after she had her baby and they look great. You can't even tell when she's mounted and it was only about $20 at a local shop.

I just bought a pair of used Cavalier field boots with Amazonas Comfort Sole- they are size 7 XW calf, and already broken in so they fit me perfectly. I have about the same dimensions as you it sounds like. They aren't the most fancy boots, but I like em!

I'm not sure where they can be bought new, but here's a pic of the dress boot version in an old kijiji ad: http://bc.kijiji.ca/c-pets-other-Cav...AdIdZ324929178

Good luck!

Fuller Fillies are good because they have such a big stretch panel at the back but my gripe is they don't have a spur rest.... they do work for people at the small end of the size range my trainer has them she is only a size 8 but has muscular calves and nothing else worked...beware though they are on backprder in certain sizes forever....