The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Ninja perfume and Royal Lunch Milk Crackers!!
    Arrange whatever pieces come your way. - Virginia Woolf

Did you know that if you say the word "GULLIBLE" really softly, it sounds like "ORANGES"?

Long handled shoe horns.

Not the plastic ones. The old ones - I can occassionally find them in antique stores.
    The truth is what you can get other people to believe.

-- Tommy Smothers

Bosco!!!!!!!
    My Mustang Adventures - Mac, my mustang | Annwylid D'Lite - my Cob filly

"A horse's face always conveys clearly whether it is loved by its owner or simply used." - Anja Beran

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by pony grandma View Post
    Long handled shoe horns.

Not the plastic ones. The old ones - I can occassionally find them in antique stores.
    I have seen some on the internet. I also got a $2 not fancy wooden one in Chinatown (Chicago)... nice and long and as an added benefit... it has a back scratcher on the other end. I was surprised to see someone at work had the same one... but they had gotten it somewhere else.

Long-handled shoe horns are a blessing, my back is happy and the heels of my shoes are no longer smooshed and causing blisters on my heels...

Scrubbing Bubbles Action Scrubber. I love how shiny my tub, tile, and sinks are using this. I don't think I even got to buy one refill for it before they were discontinued. I found refills online maybe a year ago and bought a bunch. Now a google search turns up ridiculous prices for 6 pads--$59.95 on buy.com!?! Doubt I'll be able to buy any more when I run out.

Quote Originally Posted by Simkie View Post
    Marathon Bar here (and maybe World Market? They always seem to have stuff like this): http://www.oldtimecandy.com/curly-wurly.htm
    I remember them costing a whole QUARTER at basketball games in grade school. My memory said they were much bigger than they are today as well (the bar size didn't change: I did, LOL!)
    I'm not arguing, I'm just explaining why I'm right
    Violence doesn't end violence. It extends it. Break the cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by sk_pacer View Post
    Saw some not long ago, maybe a month or so at a local drugstore (Co-op, I think). Tried Shopper's or Pharmasave? Sometimes it isn't so much availability with Nivea as them just not ordering
    I haven't seen it anywhere in stores here. Shoppers, Lawtons, Superstore, Sobeys, Pharmasave. Haven't checked a co-op, don't have a people co-op near me. One of the sites that a poster linked said it's been discontinued by the manufacturer. Who knows.

Iodine crystals. They work great for any horse who has thrush.

Thanks to the DEA, most stores won't sell then now. Like we horses would make meth. Iodine Crystals are great for thrush.

Morumide Ointment.
    "It's like a Russian nesting doll of train wrecks."--CaitlinandTheBay

...just settin' on the Group W bench.

Quote Originally Posted by over the moon View Post
    I haven't seen it anywhere in stores here. Shoppers, Lawtons, Superstore, Sobeys, Pharmasave. Haven't checked a co-op, don't have a people co-op near me. One of the sites that a poster linked said it's been discontinued by the manufacturer. Who knows.
    Maybe what I saw was old stock. Going to TRY to remember to check Walmart and wherever else I end up next time I go to town.
    Founder of the Dyslexic Clique. Dyslexics of the world - UNTIE!!

Member: Incredible Invisbles

Ariat Carry All Tote/grooming bag. Not sure when they changed the design, but I am so disapointed that they did. I have the old style with the two pockets on the front that fit bottles and has all the little mesh pockets inside. I use it for my everyday bag and love it. They still make a mini version of the bag, but it is just not as versatile as the bigger version. Anybody have a lightly used original Ariat Carryall tote/grooming bag they want to sell!

Quote Originally Posted by frisky View Post
    Frog bra from Title 9. I have a few stashed, but they can't find the fabric anymore.
    You have frogs that need bras??

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by headsupheelsdown View Post

I miss those little triangular vent windows on the front doors of vehicles (and no, I don't smoke) but you could crack those open slightly and angle the airflow to the direction you wanted. Now, you have to run your car fan and fiddle with directing/aiming vents...
    I hadn't noticed, but you're right. I wonder when those got phased out? Probably when most cars went to electronic window controls.

On things like 20 Mule Team, various washing sodas and Cornhusker's Lotion, your local chain grocery store can probably special order some for you, especially if they're seriously competing with Walmart or whomever. Check with their Customer Service counter.
    Delicious strawberry flavored death!

Quote Originally Posted by EponaRoan View Post
    I hadn't noticed, but you're right. I wonder when those got phased out? Probably when most cars went to electronic window controls.
    I think it has more to do with complex side mirrors, at least for trucks. My 1997 F-250 has electric windows, triangle push out windows but simple small electric adjust mirrors. When Ford went to the large hauling mirrors, the small push out windows went away.

Quote Originally Posted by Over the Hill View Post
    This one is even horse related Corn Huskers Lotion.
    Tractor Supply usually has that.

What does ninja perfume smell like? Nunchuks!?
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Quote Originally Posted by OTTBs View Post
    Scrubbing Bubbles Action Scrubber. I love how shiny my tub, tile, and sinks are using this. I don't think I even got to buy one refill for it before they were discontinued. I found refills online maybe a year ago and bought a bunch. Now a google search turns up ridiculous prices for 6 pads--$59.95 on buy.com!?! Doubt I'll be able to buy any more when I run out.
    Amazon has the refills for $15.00 http://www.amazon.com/Scrubbing-Bubb...255860-1426247
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyGoose View Post
    Ariat Carry All Tote/grooming bag. Not sure when they changed the design, but I am so disapointed that they did. I have the old style with the two pockets on the front that fit bottles and has all the little mesh pockets inside. I use it for my everyday bag and love it. They still make a mini version of the bag, but it is just not as versatile as the bigger version. Anybody have a lightly used original Ariat Carryall tote/grooming bag they want to sell!
    Check eBay. This is the kind of thing that is VERY likely to come up for sale!
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Alpha Keri Oil.

They do not carry it or it is ALWAYS sold out, and forever on back order.

I bought a substitute, and I do not like it. I feel like a slimey slug, and I sweat big time due to all the oil in the off-brand. Won't buy it again, it boasted on the pkg it was comparable to Alpha Keri Oil. Not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    What's that?
    It's pure glycerin hand lotion. They sell it at my CVS in the Boston area, and you can get it online also. Be warned: Do not use it if you are going on an airplane. You will set off the detectors because glycerin is an explosive. I set of the alarm at LAX last spring. The guard was very professional and knew what it was immediately, while I was standing there completely confused. He swabbed my hand and ran the swab through a scanner, where it beeped again. So: do not use Corn Huskers Lotion while flying!
    I realize that I'm generalizing here, but as is often the case when I generalize, I don't care. ~ Dave Barry