The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Trying to find exercise rider at NY, PA, DE tracks

Hi everyone,
    I'm trying to locate a friend who worked as a jockey and an exercise rider at the Meadowlands, Delaware Park, Pimlico, Philly Park, and other tracks in the mid-1990s through 2006 or so. I worked as a hot walker at the Meadowlands in the 1990s, but left that job and lost contact with the backstretch world soon after.
    I haven't had any luck finding my friend through google searches, etc. I know that he is currently licensed as an exercise rider in NY, but I don't know if he is working.
    Should I call the racing office at each of the tracks he might be working at? Any suggestions?
    Thank you!!!

One person I just met that seems to have a lot of connections is Alex Brown. You can find him on facebook. He is at Fair Hill Training Center. He may be able to give you a lead. Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by Leona View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I'm trying to locate a friend who worked as a jockey and an exercise rider at the Meadowlands, Delaware Park, Pimlico, Philly Park, and other tracks in the mid-1990s through 2006 or so. I worked as a hot walker at the Meadowlands in the 1990s, but left that job and lost contact with the backstretch world soon after.
    I haven't had any luck finding my friend through google searches, etc. I know that he is currently licensed as an exercise rider in NY, but I don't know if he is working.
    Should I call the racing office at each of the tracks he might be working at? Any suggestions?
    Thank you!!!
    No harm in calling the racing office of a track where he or she might be working and asking if anyone has contact info or if you can leave your contact info with someone in the office.
    Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by jconnors View Post
    One person I just met that seems to have a lot of connections is Alex Brown. You can find him on facebook. He is at Fair Hill Training Center. He may be able to give you a lead. Good Luck
    Thanks for the lead!

Quote Originally Posted by CharingHounds View Post
    No harm in calling the racing office of a track where he or she might be working and asking if anyone has contact info or if you can leave your contact info with someone in the office.
    Good luck.
    Thanks for responding - I'm definitely going to try this.