The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Rolex Tickets - How Soon Do They Sell out?

I would post on the other thread, but I don't want it to get lost (or to hijack the thread).

This will be my first Rolex (YAY!) and my mom is thinking about coming with. The problem is that my step-dad might still be working on a big project, which then she won't be able to go. He will find out in December.

Is December too late to buy? I was looking at the either covered or uncovered stadium seating for both dressage days and jumping. Is the uncovered seating better for viewing?

Thanks!

No, December is not too late to get your tickets. Heck, I'd consider that really early! We've never bought tickets for dressage since I believe the best viewing is right next to the warm up arenas. That said, there are always plenty of empty seats during dressage.

I like getting seats in the covered part of the stadium since it's been nice to either stay out of the hot sun or stay out of the rain!

You will have a blast, enjoy!!

1 members found this post helpful.

I tend to go on dressage day as my shopping day. You can get right on top of the warm up areas and there are several "grassy knoll" areas where you can stand or sit and watch all the dressage for free. I've never bought tickets for dressage and the stands are usually mostly empty.

The last two years I've gone shopping on dressage day and then watched XC on my computer live via the incredible USEF Network. It's not exactly the same thrill as being there but it's convenient.

Thanks! I'm so excited! I think I will still pay for the tickets for the dressage seating, although I know I will be probably exploring a bit Since it is my first time, I don't mind paying a little bit extra for stuff. If it would become a bit more common for me to go, then I would be more thrifty (it is during my wedding anniversary..DH is very understanding for this trip!)

I know you get better information streaming through the internet, but this is my first 4 star event and I can't wait!