The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

View Poll Results: Should an adult with penis and testicles be allowed in an all ages female locker room

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, allow the penis to be seen by all ages uncovered

14 29.17%
  • No, do not allow the penis to be seen by all uncovered

21 43.75%
  • Yes, but only with adults present

9 18.75%
  • I really, really like voting in polls but have no specific opinion on this.

4 8.33%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by twotrudoc View Post
    Why the alter there sissy? Can't man or woman up enough to say things all on your own?
    Actually, I post everything through this user name since I lost my original ages ago. Feel free to click "view all posts" and you'll see my posts on various other topics in H/J including "costs of going to Thermal" etc etc.

Trust me, I would have no issue telling my opinion to your face! Not that I think it would have any reaction other than this one:

http://cheezburger.com/505856768

3 members found this post helpful.

For me it was mostly about the "all ages" aspect. The possibility of little girls seeing adult male "junk" just isn't appropriate.

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Windsor1 View Post
    For me it was mostly about the "all ages" aspect. The possibility of little girls seeing adult male "junk" just isn't appropriate.
    The incident in question occurred in A SAUNA (yet another relevant fact left out). Little girls should not be in A SAUNA to begin with.

Uh, hAlterHorse, the poll question said nothing about A SAUNA. The question referenced a LOCKER ROOM. I responded to the question precisely as it was asked without regard to any specific situation or incident.

1 members found this post helpful.

Well, as in all things, I think it depends.

I personally would have no problem with transgender or gay men sharing a locker room with me (I'm an adult woman). I would have a problem with straight adult men sharing a locker room with me. I would not have a problem with lesbian women sharing a locker room with me.

I don't have children, so I can't really speak to what is and is not appropriate for children to see. I have not researched the long term impacts of seeing genitalia of either gender during adolescence, nor have I researched how being expected to expose oneself in front of peers of either gender impacts psychological development.
    www.destinationconsensusequus.com
    chaque pas est fait ensemble

4 members found this post helpful.

at the risk of getting smacked, IMO, I don't think a penis attached to ANY body should be in a WOMEN'S locker room. that's why we have separate locker rooms. I DO NOT have a problem with the transgender issue,but until the time her penis is removed, why couldn't she be a little more modest about her extra parts, and cover with a towel?

7 members found this post helpful.

Uh, hAlterHorse, the poll question said nothing about A SAUNA. The question referenced a LOCKER ROOM. I responded to the question precisely as it was asked without regard to any specific situation or incident.
    In the words of the actual poll, no. In the OP's first description of what the poll was in reference too... Yes, it is in reference to a specific situation and incidident.

In reference to the transgender Colleen at Evergreen University, she has a penis and testicles and wishes to use the female locker room. The locker room is used by all ages and also is the locker room for a couple of high school girls teams.
    But, in the actual article linked in the original post on the original thread - it is a Sauna, not a locker room.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/tran...er-room/nSWT4/

"Colleen Francis was using the sauna in a women’s locker room inside the recreation center at the school late in September...

ll she said was that there were a couple of girls that came upstairs to the pool, and said that there was a man in the sauna.

You didn't have an appropriate choice for me to vote on so here it is.

Colleen shouldn't be allowed in a women's locker room at all. Period. If Colleen did the exact same thing at the bus stop ( or anywhere ) Colleen would ( i hope) be arrested. If Colleen did that in my presence or that of my daughter I would do something.

Also, is it a custom now for everyone to be completely naked in a sauna?Please.

4 members found this post helpful.

Holy crap guys, just answer the poll if you want to and move on! Regardless of if the question says woman, transgender, male, etc... it's just a dumb poll that shouldn't get everyone so heated! We all have the OTHER thread to reference back to, so I'm sure we all know what the background of this poll question is anyways.

This isn't directed at anyone specific, just a general statement.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/NBChoice http://nbchoice.blogspot.com/
    The New Banner's Choice- 1994 ASB Mare
    Dennis The Menace Too- 1999 ASB Gelding
    Dreamacres Sublime- 2008 ASB Gelding

Quote Originally Posted by hAlterHorse View Post
    In the words of the actual poll, no.
    Well, crazily enough, the actual poll is what I responded to. And again, the question, and the original post, for that matter, quite emphatically referred to an all-ages locker room, NOT an adults-only sauna:

"The locker room is used by all ages and also is the locker room for a couple of high school girls teams."

Quote Originally Posted by candyappy View Post
    If Colleen did the exact same thing at the bus stop ( or anywhere ) Colleen would ( i hope) be arrested.
    I think most of us would be arrested if we were hanging out naked at the bus stop, gender inconguities or not.
    "In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn’t merely train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming part dog."
    -Edward Hoagland

Quote Originally Posted by candyappy View Post
    You didn't have an appropriate choice for me to vote on so here it is.

Colleen shouldn't be allowed in a women's locker room at all. Period. If Colleen did the exact same thing at the bus stop ( or anywhere ) Colleen would ( i hope) be arrested. If Colleen did that in my presence or that of my daughter I would do something.
    Of course it would not be appropriate for anyone to be naked at a bus stop. However, it is appropriate to be naked in a Sauna. Big difference there. Can someone point out to me where it even says that Colleen's genitals were exposed?! It never even says that Colleen was nude.

The article says:
    "All she said was that there were a couple of girls that came upstairs to the pool, and said that there was a man in the sauna.”
    "“They’re uncomfortable with him being in there, her, being in there and are shocked by it,” said parent Kristi Holterman."

Maybe the girls saw a bulge under Colleen's towel? Maybe they knew that Colleen was trans-gender from the community or other experiences or gosh, the high school rumor mill?

"The 45-year-old male student, who dresses as a woman and goes by the name Colleen Francis, undressed and exposed his male genitalia on several occasions in the presence of young girls who use the college’s locker rooms."
    http://www.youtube.com/user/NBChoice http://nbchoice.blogspot.com/
    The New Banner's Choice- 1994 ASB Mare
    Dennis The Menace Too- 1999 ASB Gelding
    Dreamacres Sublime- 2008 ASB Gelding

Can someone point out to me where it even says that Colleen's genitals were exposed?! It never even says that Colleen was nude.
    I wondered the same thing, and think that the circumstances would change my opinion of the "poll" and the issue. E.g. if she was sprawled out naked and spread eagle in the sauna v. leaving the sauna and other girls caught a peek of her genitals under her towel....they really are two very different situations.

Personally, I would think that *most* transgendered people would not flaunt the fact that they are still anatomically the other gender. For a variety of reasons, including their own privacy and personal safety.

Well, crazily enough, the actual poll is what I responded to. And again, the question, and the original post, for that matter, quite emphatically referred to an all-ages locker room, NOT an adults-only sauna:

"The locker room is used by all ages and also is the locker room for a couple of high school girls teams."
    Hence the point that if the OP is trying to see if people agree with her on the original situation (which she claims to be both in that post and in post 1 here) the poll is skewed by the wording.

Hence the point that if the OP is trying to see if people agree with her on the original situation (which she claims to be both in that post and in post 1 here) the poll is skewed by the wording.
    Then I suggest you take that up with her, not me.

Yeah, she tried but she is well aware that I know her point is incorrect and invalid as the article plainly states Colleen was naked "in the locker room" and included an incident in the sauna. I think she has figured out that I don't give a rats patooty about her opinion and that the poll was mine to post.
    The Knotted Pony

Proud and upstanding member of the Snort and Blow Clique.

Yeah, she tried but she is well aware that I know her point is incorrect and invalid as the article plainly states Colleen was naked "in the locker room" and included an incident in the sauna. I think she has figured out that I don't give a rats patooty about her opinion and that the poll was mine to post.
    What INCIDENT? she was in the sauna.. her being there is an incident?

Yes, I missed the part where it said her genitals were exposed while she changed in the locker room. So are mine when I change, but that doesn't mean I'm inappropriately waggling my bits in front of children.

My point that if you were looking for people's opinions on the INCIDENT IN QUESTION then your poll is completely skewed by the wording is absolutely correct and valid.

Obviously you don't give a rat's patooty about my opinion, because it doesn't agree with yours. What you were obviously looking for with this thread was affirmation of your opinion - and I'm not agreeing so you obviously don't care what I have to say.

5 members found this post helpful.

Skewed poll. Maybe calculating your "thumbs up/down" would give you an accurate count of how many people feel it was a valid poll.

5 members found this post helpful.

Yep, it's your slanted opinion that I don't agree with. I am very picky about whose opinions I take seriously and have wonderful relationships with folks that I disagree with who are educated, passionate, and actively seeking information. Those who use half truths, spout the party or agenda line, or are ridiculous I discount completely.
    The Knotted Pony

Proud and upstanding member of the Snort and Blow Clique.