The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

View Poll Results: Should an adult with penis and testicles be allowed in an all ages female locker room

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, allow the penis to be seen by all ages uncovered

14 29.17%
  • No, do not allow the penis to be seen by all uncovered

21 43.75%
  • Yes, but only with adults present

9 18.75%
  • I really, really like voting in polls but have no specific opinion on this.

4 8.33%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Anonymous Poll! Vote here!

I like Coanteen's idea about posting a poll so here we go!

In reference to the transgender Colleen at Evergreen University, she has a penis and testicles and wishes to use the female locker room. The locker room is used by all ages and also is the locker room for a couple of high school girls teams.
    The Knotted Pony

Proud and upstanding member of the Snort and Blow Clique.

I think your wording of the question is a little misleading, and will tend to skew results in your favor.
    "In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn’t merely train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming part dog."
    -Edward Hoagland

6 members found this post helpful.

I intentionally left out any emotional or opinion-driven words or statement. Just bare (pun intended!) facts-should a person with a penis and testicles be allowed in an all ages female locker room. That's it
    The Knotted Pony

1 members found this post helpful.

Except you left out the part about the adult in question being a woman.

I expect if someone made a poll asking if a woman with unusual genitalia should be allowed to use the locker room, the response would be very different.
    "In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn’t merely train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming part dog."
    -Edward Hoagland

5 members found this post helpful.

No one has issue with Colleen being a woman, or I don't, at least. I have issue with her penis and testicles uncovered in a female locker room. So, that is how I did the poll.

People can say whatever they like or vote anonymously.
    The Knotted Pony

If you don't have an issue with her being a woman, than why didn't you call her a woman in your poll question? People unfamiliar with what we've been discussing are probably going to read that and assume we're talking about a man, since it was not specified in the question.
    -Edward Hoagland

5 members found this post helpful.

Too bad, I have done my poll without emotion, opinion, ideology, or knowledge that can only be attained by outside influence or personal interaction with the subject.

The question is what it is. Should a person with a penis and testicles be allowed in an all ages female locker room. You won't change my mind or my poll with your opinions.
    The Knotted Pony

2 members found this post helpful.

And I happen to think that the fact that the person in question is a woman is germaine to this discussion. And I can't see how her womanhood is any less relevant than her penis.
    -Edward Hoagland

7 members found this post helpful.

Well, it is very relevant to Colleen at least. But, that is why you are allowed to comment or add opinion to your vote.
    The Knotted Pony

Quote Originally Posted by twotrudoc View Post
    Too bad, I have done my poll without emotion, opinion, ideology, or knowledge that can only be attained by outside influence or personal interaction with the subject.
    I call BS on this. Your poll is FULL of emotion just like your thread. The emotion is "I am determined to keep insisting I am right". Phrasing something so that the salient facts of the case are obscured makes it inapplicable.
    Arrange whatever pieces come your way. - Virginia Woolf

Did you know that if you say the word "GULLIBLE" really softly, it sounds like "ORANGES"?

9 members found this post helpful.

Thanks for sharing your opinion, Joz. Of course I have emotion in my posts as I am human, and emotions are part of all humans and their opinions. But, I did make a try at only putting bare facts in my poll.

Whether or not you agree or disagree is of no consequence to me, it is what it is.
    The Knotted Pony

Well, it is very relevant to Colleen at least. But, that is why you are allowed to comment or add opinion to your vote.
    Is it also very relevant to the policy of the college - it does not allow a MAN with a penis to use a women's change room. By non-discrimination policy is does allow a WOMAN (pre-op transgender, so yes with penis) to use it. That is not opinion, it is fact. And it is the central issue at hand here, not whether any and all penises should be allowed in there.

And JoZ, as with the other post, the OP is within her rights to stick her fingers in her ears and repeat "my opinion and interpretation is fact, yours isn't, ne ne ne boo boo" to her heart's content

7 members found this post helpful.

But will there be hilariousness on this poll/thread?

I might need your help with that nasal. Even the insult slinging here lacks style, innovation, or even any real clarity for that matter.
    The Knotted Pony

Quote Originally Posted by JoZ View Post
    I call BS on this. Your poll is FULL of emotion just like your thread. The emotion is "I am determined to keep insisting I am right". Phrasing something so that the salient facts of the case are obscured makes it inapplicable.
    Agreed.

Perhaps instead of this being about a specific transgender woman, there could be a solution such as installation of some private shower stalls? My guess is that this woman is no more thrilled by the choices available to her than anyone else. Should she shower clothed? Should she shower with the men? Or no shower for her at all?

I have no issue with a transgender woman in a women's locker room (including high school girls), but feel bad that there are no accommodations for her, or anyone else with a specific privacy issue -- someone with an insulin pump, birth defect, scar, whatever.

8 members found this post helpful.

I might need your help with that nasal. Even the insult slinging here lacks style, innovation, or even any real clarity for that matter.
    Sweetie, I'll try.
    I want to see a picture of a "mushroom print" on a forehead. That will make my day.

2 members found this post helpful.

I intentionally left out any emotional or opinion-driven words or statement. Just bare (pun intended!) facts-should a person with a penis and testicles be allowed in an all ages female locker room. That's it
    "Woman" is neither emotional or opinion driven here. It is a RELEVANT AND NECESSARY FACT to the topic at hand here. Your poll is COMPLETELY opinion loaded by the way of leaving out the relevant facts at hand. Although, it's pretty clear you wanted it that way.

http://cheezburger.com/505856768

4 members found this post helpful.

That was mildly funny. I think it would be funnier to watch the ass kicking that would commence when someone tried it. Or penis yanking and violent wringing, whichever the style.
    The Knotted Pony

It would, wouldn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by hAlterHorse View Post
    "Woman" is neither emotional or opinion driven here. It is a RELEVANT AND NECESSARY FACT to the topic at hand here. Your poll is COMPLETELY opinion loaded by the way of leaving out the relevant facts at hand. Although, it's pretty clear you wanted it that way.

http://cheezburger.com/505856768

Why the alter there sissy? Can't man or woman up enough to say things all on your own?
    The Knotted Pony