The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by theblondejumper View Post
    Did a great mother-daughter trip to Ireland with my Mom in '07.

Places I am just dying to go!

London
    Denmark
    And Canada--can't believe I've never been! Hoping to plan a camping trip with my SO sometime next summer..
    Not so much for a camping trip, but Toronto is probably one of finest cities I've ever been to. The people are lovely, it's clean, sophisticated, and wasn't terribly expensive (at least when I went).
    http://www.tbhsa.com/index.html

Originally Posted by JSwan
    I love feral children. They taste like chicken.

Thumbs up Fun Topic!

I LOVE to travel, and with my first child being 5 months old, I'm feeling a little tied down, and day-dreaming about geting away.

In college I went on Semester at Sea and got to go to so many neat places! The ship traveled this route:
    Bahamas -> Venezuela -> Brazil -> South Africa -> Kenya -> India ->Philipines -> Vietnam -> Hong Kong (where I flew to mainland China) -> Japan -> Seattle

Since then I have also been to Costa Rica, Belize Ireland, all over western Europe, Greece, Mexico... I'm sure Im forgetting some.

My favorite places: Africa, Venezuela, Vietnam, Belize, Greece, and Ireland.

I'm DYING to go to Argentina. Had an entire trip planned years ago but couldn't find a travel partner. Maybe when the kid(s) are older I can convince my hubby to go.

Chef - kids are portable! When they are a little older (enough to remember the trips) take them along! What an amazing gift to give them - seeing the world.

Sometimes I wish I had taken my son on more global trips, rather than lazing on the beach for a week. But when we started throwing a dart at a map to pick our vacation, we really started having some really great trips!
    http://www.tbhsa.com/index.html

Originally Posted by JSwan
    I love feral children. They taste like chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by Coanteen View Post
    I saw one in the Serengeti. It was hilarious, we were just driving along when suddenly the drivers radio went crazy because a leopard's been spotted, and I swear every safari vehicle converged on the poor creature (I don't know how they converged because I have no idea how they can tell one dusty road from another, but they did).

But it was an awesome sight because the critter chose to lounge for a while on a dead/leafless tree, providing beautiful photo ops. It even stretched and changed branches before it finally got sick of being watched and went off somewhere.
    Had a funny leopard story too, but also experienced what you described above.

Family litterally JUST arrived in Kenya with NOOO idea of what to expect. We drove for awhile and into the gates of the private game reserve we were going to be staying at. It was still another hour drive to get to the house! We spotted an ostrich , pulled out the cameras and all had a good laugh, the ARE funny looking creatures. Put all the cameras away. Afterall, you need to go LOOKING for animals, right? WRONG! Out in front of us darts an impala being chased by a leopard. It got away, but we were "THIS" close to seeing a kill (the ulitmate feather in every safari-ists' hat) and had no photos to show for it.
    What a way to start our trip. Just AMAZING!