The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Free Belgian craigslist

I just saw this browsing the local craigslist. Anyone in southern California willing to take a chance? My DH would kill me for even thinking about it. I edited out the phone number so the seller is not harrassed after the ad is pulled.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/ant...380022017.html
    Free to good home----Ted a 17 year old gelding Belgium Draft horse. He has wonderful grand manners and just wants to be loved. Ted was used to pull a cart in his younger days, but ideally he will be given to a home that wants to groom and ride him on a regular basis. He is good for kids and older folks. He is approximately 18 hands--maybe more. He is current on all vaccinations. His feet are good and kept shod. He just had his teeth floated. He is a love . . . and he needs to go to a loving home. Work is demanding all my time now so I am unable to give Ted the love and attention that he's used to and deserves.

If you are interested in Ted please call me at xxx_xxx_xxxx. I will not respond to emails or test messages due to scammers.

Arrgg why do I look?

It would be nice if this one, also in southern California, landed in a better situation.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv...372809204.html

Heck, wish I lived nearer, I would take the Belgian in a heart beat, what a sweetie
    I'm not sure if I grew out of stupid or ran out of brave.

Practicing Member of the Not too Klassy for Boxed Wine Clique

Quote Originally Posted by Airfern View Post
    Arrgg why do I look?

It would be nice if this one, also in southern California, landed in a better situation.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv...372809204.html
    This one just looks sad. Big bit that looks like it isn't adjusted properly. What on earth is that as a tie down, looks like something tied really tight to the saddle thing (not a western rider, not sure what those chest belts are called!). In the washed photo that certainly looks like a mark from years of a poorly fitting saddle. Poor guy.