The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

JLMet, that is so awesome!
    Kryswyn, I'm not a huge River fan either. I liked her in "Silence in the Library" and "Of Flesh and Stone", but I think that they are kind of overusing her as a character. I mean, she was supposed to be all mysterious, but she really isn't anymore and I think that takes away from her overall. I don't exactly hate her, but I don't like her either. I like the actress who plays her, but the character has gone down hill a bit. The writers need to change some stuff around and bring back the element of mystery she had!

BBC just had the first Dr. Who..it was really...bad...but it's still Dr. Who!

1 members found this post helpful.

JLMet, that is totally awesome!

Funny how different tastes are: I'm "meh" on Rose, LOVED Donna and love the whole Amy/Rory/River story. I'm looking forward to Clara as well. However, I wasn't unhappy to see Martha's unrequited love leave. Don't miss her.

I forgot last OT day, but I found some fun mini episodes

A Fix with Sontarans (Six and a lucky young fan; not canon)
    Link to video
    Link to the story

"Night and the Doctor," 5 episodes (Eleven, Amy, Rory, River, Craig, Sophie, Stormageddon)
    1) Bad Night Amy finds out what the Doctor does while humans sleep
    2) Good Night The Doctor explains how Amy remembers every timeline
    3) First Night First date with River
    4) Last Night Somewhat of a prequel to Forest of the Dead
    5) Up All Night serves as a prequel to the events of Closing Time

Death Is The Only Answer (Eleven & Albert Einstein)

Doctor Who Adventure Calendar - A Ghost Story for Christmas (Narrated by Jack!)

Good As Gold (Eleven, Amy, Olympics)

Did I hear correctly that BBC was going to feature one Doctor a month until the 50th Anniversary on November 23? Fun!

And yes, the very first Who was awful. I couldn't believe it got a whole season, much less lasted 50 years with a start like that
    I'm not arguing, I'm just explaining why I'm right
    Violence doesn't end violence. It extends it. Break the cycle.

Bey, you are brilliant with those links!

I like River, but I think they went overboard with her. Rather than allowing us to be mystified, it's as if they're screaming "SHE. IS. MYSTERIOUS." in our faces.
    I'm not a Moffat-hater, but I do think he can be a real jerk as he's insulted fans (calling them stupid if they can't follow the twists and turns) and I feel like lately some of the episodes in general have been so focused on a big, complex story when some of the simple ones have been some of the best (and some of the most terrifying.) As an example, I feel as if the Weeping Angels have lost that spine tingle.

Teacup, I agree with you. I think that some episodes that aren't part of a massive story arch would be a good thing. It is nice to just have a stand alone episode sometimes, for example "A Town Called Mercy" from the current season. Not every episode has to be some huge, epic thing. I feel like this has been happening more with 11 than 10 or 9. Probably because of Moffat (I'm not a Moffat hater either, I think he is quite talented, but I prefer Davies).

I would love to see more RTD episodes.
    That being said, I am interested in Clara, although there will probably be some tears.

I am really interested to see how the series deals with the whole same-person-different-time-period thing. Anyway, I like the character a lot so far. I thought Oswin/Clara was fabulous in Asylum of the Daleks, and I liked her in the Snowmen, too.

Quote Originally Posted by TaterTotTB View Post
    Teacup, I agree with you. I think that some episodes that aren't part of a massive story arch would be a good thing. It is nice to just have a stand alone episode sometimes, for example "A Town Called Mercy" from the current season. Not every episode has to be some huge, epic thing. I feel like this has been happening more with 11 than 10 or 9. Probably because of Moffat (I'm not a Moffat hater either, I think he is quite talented, but I prefer Davies).
    I think Moffat does an amazing job with Sherlock - but I've been really disappointed with Doctor Who recently. I didn't really like Amy although I loed Rory. River is funny. But the dialogue and plots have just been weak at best, annoying at worst.
    Currently blogging for Chronicle of the Horse. Articles can be found here: http://www.chronofhorse.com/category...ryan-lefkowitz

I love love love Sherlock! Its SUCH a good show! We need a season 3! I also adored Rory, but wasn't the biggest Amy fan. I really like her in some episodes, and don't in others. I guess for me it depended on who was writing the episode. Some writers handled her character better than others.

Can we just take a moment and talk about Matt Smith's departure from the show?

How do you feel about this? Sad? Happy? Surprised (after all, they were saying he was signed on for another season)?

Who would you like to see replace him? A lot of names have been thrown around; Rupert Grint was one of them (to which I say, no way). Many fans are saying John Hurt will be the next Doctor, but is this possible, given the conversation between 11 and this unknown version of The Doctor? It sounds as though John Hurt's Doctor was a part of The Doctor's past, not his future (given 11 recognised him).

Also, do you think Clara will continue on through the whole season? I, personally, would like to see her go. I think Moffat has put his foot in it with her. But maybe now that all the intrigue is gone I'll start to like her more.

Oh, I'm devastated that Matt is leaving the show. Although ten is my favorite, I really do like the 11th Doctor a lot. I thought he had another season, too. Personally, I have no preference for the next Doctor, since it is kind of hard to think of a new one when you are so used to one. All I can say is that I hope it is a youngish guy, like somewhere between Matt Smith and David Tennant. I agree that Rupert Grint wouldn't be a good pick. I would never stop thinking of him as Ron Weasly...

Quote Originally Posted by RLastInstallment View Post
    Can we just take a moment and talk about Matt Smith's departure from the show?

How do you feel about this? Sad? Happy? Surprised (after all, they were saying he was signed on for another season)?
    Oh, devastated! I didn't watch Doctor Who until Matt Smith came on board, so he's my first and only Doctor. Sure, I've seen Eccleston and Tennant, and they were great, but Matt Smith is special to me. I watched the season finale and sat there, stunned, absolutely gutted, and then bawled. In part because I finally warmed up to Clara only in that episode, and of course because now it seems River is really, truly gone. But mostly due to the way they left things. I guess they will resolve all that starting November 23 with the 50th anniversary special -- definitely looking forward to seeing David Tennant again!

No thoughts on a replacement. BTW, if you need a funny Who fix, check out this FB page: https://www.facebook.com/TheDoctorWh...ocation=stream

I guess the problem I've had with the last two companions is that they are no longer just normal kinds of folks.(although the last episode explained Clara's apparent immortality). Honestly, I miss the very human Donna Noble.

I'm not thrilled with the way the season ended and I miss the more normal alien traveling around having fun with a normal human theme. Seems every few episodes have to have a big, dark meaning these days. Yes, there have always been dark episodes and bad guys but the feel just seems darker recently.

Mind you, I don't plan to stop watching but I'm hoping for a little bit more light fun. I don't mind Matt Smith (my favorite of his episodes being "The Lodger" and the follow-up to that one - love that he can speak baby). I am also looking forward to seeing David Tennant again.
    Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Holly Jeanne View Post
    Mind you, I don't plan to stop watching but I'm hoping for a little bit more light fun. I don't mind Matt Smith (my favorite of his episodes being "The Lodger" and the follow-up to that one - love that he can speak baby). I am also looking forward to seeing David Tennant again.
    I loved those too!!! James Corden was perfect as his sidekick.

At one time there was talk of James Nesbitt being the next Doctor. He'd be sort of a darker deeper one, I think. The last two seasons haven't kept me really interested (didn't like Amy Pond) and there weren't many fun, light episodes to break up the world-ending ones.

Hopefully the next Doctor will be a gorgeous hunk to keep me a fan.