The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by drawstraws View Post
    BBC played a rerun of the Snowmen episode the other day and they cut out a few scenes, specifically when Clara first returned to the house from the pub and spoke with the housekeeper (there was no conversation about the children and she didn't speak with the children's father so the viewer had no clue that the dad had a crush on her) and they completely cut out the end where she died, didn't show it at all, just went from the Doctor talking about a family crying and then they were at her funeral in the graveyard. It totally left out the part tying her to Oswin!! No idea why they cut it up, it wasn't like they were trying to cram in another show or anything. It was just weird.
    Out of all the things to cut, why THAT?

I know! I was playing on the computer while watching so in the middle of the show when they came back from a commercial I just thought it was because I wasn't paying attention so I rewound and realized that they had cut out that initial section. I didn't think a whole lot of it but then when they cut the end I was astounded. Must be someone doing the editing who doesn't watch the show.
    It's not about the color of the ribbon but the quality of the ride. Having said that, I'd like the blue one please!

Gridlock was actually the first episode I ever saw, and I came into it about 10 minutes in and it confused the heck out of me! The cat part just seemed bizarre at the time (not that it doesn't still seem a bit odd!) hahaha. It has ended up being one of my favorite episodes, though. Even though the Face of Boe part makes me sad

And I can't believe that they would cut out that part of the Snowmen! They probably could have just cut out some of the super long stair climbing part (as pretty as that part was, if anything had to go, that's what I'd have shortened). I can think of a couple of other little things they could have gotten rid of or shortened, too. Personally, I wouldn't have cut anything out!

1 members found this post helpful.

The Face of Boe broke my heart, but at the same time I loved the storyline.

I would also love to have Captain Jack come back to the show at some point.

Having Captain Jack come back would be killer! I mean, we haven't seen him with 11 yet! I kind of wish there would be an episode that detailed more how we went from Jack to the Face of Boe, you know? That would be really interesting. I'm holding out hope that he'll come back for the 50th!!

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT TOOK ME SO LONG TO SEE THIS THREAD!!

Another Whovian here, though a "baby" one! I started with the 9th doctor, am now halfway through the 10th doctor's second season. I grieved for DAYS when he lost Rose, she is my first and favorite companion so far, not sure anyone can hold a candle to her in my mind.

So enjoying the geeky fellow Who-fans on COTH!
    Proud member of the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

PONY'TUDE

I desperately want john barrowman to be back as Jack. Literally my favorite character in the entire series, he was great. Gonna be honest, I kind of dislike Moffat and think he's trying way to hard to make the companions "special" where as Donna and Martha were fantastic companions with absolutely nothing entirely special about them.
    .אני יכול לעשות הכל על ידי אלוהים

Hunterrider, I bet he will come back at some point. I mean, Barrowman has said that he would come back given a chance, so that is no problem. I really really want him to come back for at least a few episodes (a whole season would be nice!).

Caradino, Rose is one of my favorite companions, too! Don't worry though, you learn to like the others! There is just something very special about how she and the Doctor interact.

So far I DO like Martha, but it's just not the saaaaaaame! I loved how she brought out the Doctor's vulnerable side, I thought their interaction really made him a much more complex character. Sigh.

PONY'TUDE

Each of the companions has a special relationship with the Doctor. No two are the same and they don't all break your heart when they leave. FWIW, he's NOT supposed to fall in love with the companions. That's a new thing with the reboot. I love him best with Donna and Amy for that reason.

For you Jack-lovers, have you watched Torchwood?
    I'm not arguing, I'm just explaining why I'm right
    Violence doesn't end violence. It extends it. Break the cycle.

I've cried my way through season 1 of Torchwood and intend to watch the others eventually.

I loved how Rose, Martha, and Donna were all "normal" - but with the Doctor, they came to be their extraordinary selves. While I loved Amy's character, she was special before the Doctor as she grew up with a crack in the universe. Clara is another special companion, but I adored her! Clara is absolutely gorgeous, too.
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/6bb5c7e98...zqi6o1_500.gif

I'm still sad over the loss of Donna and Ten. They hurt the most, I think.

Oh, Ten regenerating made me cry! He's my favorite. I knew what episode it was in though, and my friend had told me all these spoilers before I started watching the show (I didn't realize how major the spoilers were at the time, or I would have stopped her since I had been planning on watching the show for a while...). Nine's regeneration was hard, too. He is my second favorite Doctor, and was my favorite for a long time. I had no idea that he only had one season and I didn't 'get' regeneration, so it surprised the heck out of me!
    Rose and Donna have been the hardest companions to lose, so far, I think.

Ah. I remember being a baby Whovian and wondering why Rose was gone and not liking Donna. Now I'm all mature and know all, like HighFlyinBey--well, no one can know as much as HER.

And you new baby converts, you HAVE to watch Torchwood! I started with that and loved it, and THEN watch the Dr and was like, oooooooooooooh!

And they HAVE to bring Hunky Jack back! You're right. They never really explained the Face of Bo well. And, we're grown up enough now to have a male companion with all of that amazing sexual tension Jack has towards everyone! Man, Jack makes me MELT!

Their viewing figures would go up if he would just say hello!

John Barrowman is hilarious wonderful human being, I have an audio tumblr post somewhere of him imitating David Tennant when they found out that Jack was the Fave of Boe.

Donna was by far my favorite companion, Catherine Tate is witty and funny and it's no wonder she had her own show. Martha was great too because Freema Agyeman managed to play a strong female lead while still being likeable after having lost Rose. Billy Piper was wonderful though and I miss Christophee Eccleston who everyone seems to overlook and is my personal favorite. (He was quite the sass master).
    .אני יכול לעשות הכל על ידי אלוהים

This thread is doing horrible, horrible things for my motivation! All I want to do is watch Doctor Who all day, forget working!

PONY'TUDE

I love Christopher Eccleston! Nine is definitely my favorite Doctor other than Ten. He is in my all time favorite episode, which is "The Doctor Dances". The interactions between him, Rose, and Jack in that episode are totally priceless!

Quote Originally Posted by TaterTotTB View Post
    I love Christopher Eccleston! Nine is definitely my favorite Doctor other than Ten. He is in my all time favorite episode, which is "The Doctor Dances". The interactions between him, Rose, and Jack in that episode are totally priceless!
    Are you my mummy?

2 members found this post helpful.

You guys will appreciate this. I've discovered that my 9 month old absolutely LOVES John Barrowman! I don't just mean like but goes from inconsolable crying to giggling, hand clapping, dancing girl the second she hears him singing. She rarely gets like that but something was bothering her a few weeks ago and I happened to be watching Who on tardisblue.net when they played a clip with Barrowman singing. Sarah had been crying for about 2 1/2 hours straight at that point and just went right to happy baby the moment he started. I now keep his songs on standby just in case
    The one good thing about repeating your mistakes is that you know when to cringe.

Hate Moffat, Love Jack, HATE Amy, Rory Meh, LOVE LOVE LOVE Tennant! Donna = best companion (all around); Rose, sigh. Sniff. Loved Rose. Snowmen. Haven't seen it. Will be on the look out for uncut version. Oh, and Eleven. Not working for me. I'll give him another try now that the Abominable Amy and Wretched Rory are gone. And if I ever see Riversong again it will be waaaaaay too soon.
    ~Kryswyn~ Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo
    Check out my Kryswyn JRTs on Facebook

"Life is merrier with a terrier!"