The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

The episode that ended up sucking me back in was The Girl In the Fireplace, I watch that one over and over.

I love the Adipose!
    The one good thing about repeating your mistakes is that you know when to cringe.

Mine is Midnight. The intensity left me rather shaken the first time I saw it.
    I'm not arguing, I'm just explaining why I'm right
    Violence doesn't end violence. It extends it. Break the cycle.

1 members found this post helpful.

Oh yes! Love that one as well! Really who the heck am I kidding, you could name any episode and it would be a favorite of mine!
    The one good thing about repeating your mistakes is that you know when to cringe.

OK, I can't remember episode names, you need to give me plot lines, like fat blobs or Tardis becomes a woman!

The girl in the fireplace was the one with Madame de Pompadour and the clockwork things, they land on a spaceship years in the future and there's a fireplace that leads to 18th century France.

Midnight was the one with Tennant and Donna going on vacation to that spa looking place. The Dr went on a tour on his own with Donna relaxes at the spa. The car they are riding in breaksdown and something on the outside gets in and makes one of the passengers start repeating what everyone is saying until it locks onto the Dr and starts repeating him and eventually stealing his words.

Oh, yeah. So sad. The love story.

Hm. Not a great lover of Midnight, though, I like them all.

I do like the "reunion" episodes where EVERYONE comes back in to save the universe and we get to see old friends. My question is, WHERE is hunky Jack? Do we see him again? I think we saw how he got into Torchwood from the clockpeople one. We need JACK!

Oh man!! I just caught up. Next episode is the 30th. Rory and Amy are gone!! Man!!! I didn't even like the episode. The finally got a good thing going and could have just stayed with the Dr and dad could have jumped in, and they're GONE!!

WHY do they keep doing this?? WHAT am I going to do?

2 members found this post helpful.

Rofl, Is say that every time it happens. I wasn't much into Amy but I thought they did a great job on their last episode which of course bummed me out because... now she's gone lol. I'm sure we'll learn to like the new companion too...maybe

Of course we'll love the new companion. We've already met her

It was heartbreaking to watch the Doctor plead with Amy to stay with him, knowing that she wouldn't (given that she'd already chosen to "die" while pregnant in "Amy's Choice").

And was it just me....but what the hell happened to the angel that killed Amy & Rory? The thing was still there by the Doctor & River, but not only did they blink, but they looked away. And it never moved?? What did I miss?

I really hope this link works for everyone (it's public) http://tinyurl.com/brf5vv5

David Troughton - Patrick's son - as Private Moor in The War Games (1969), as Peladon in The Curse of Peladon (1972), and as Professor Hobbes in Midnight (2008). David had also previously appeared as an uncredited extra in Episodes 5 and 6 of The Enemy of the World (1967), but both of these episodes are sadly missing.
    Now that I know, I can totally see the family resemblance!

OK, I won't look and see who the new companion is. I want the Indian girl from the hotel episode.

And, yeah, the last episode seemed off. The last angel never addressed. They put a lot of stress on staying together, so I do see Amy going with Rory, but so heartbreaking to leave River and the Dr.

I don't understand. David Troughton is in some episodes. Whose father is he?

Patrick Troughton is David Troughton's father. Patrick played the Second Doctor

I wonder how many times River visited Amy & Rory (since she was allowed to give Amy the book, I assume she could visit without punching a hole in the space-time continuum), and if Rory's father ever found out about her.

Here's a scene from "The Angels Take Manhattan" that wasn't shot. It made me cry:

http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/doctor-w...take-manhattan
    Last edited by HighFlyinBey++; Nov. 25, 2012 at 06:11 PM. Reason: finally found the link

Quote Originally Posted by HighFlyinBey++ View Post
    Patrick Troughton is David Troughton's father. Patrick played the Second Doctor

I wonder how many times River visited Amy & Rory (since she was allowed to give Amy the book, I assume she could visit without punching a hole in the space-time continuum), and if Rory's father ever found out about her.

Here's a scene from "The Angels Take Manhattan" that wasn't shot. It made me cry:

http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/doctor-w...take-manhattan
    Thank you, I needed my life to be further ruined by this show. One thing I still struggle to understand is why River can visit, but the Doctor can't. I feel as if I'm missing something. Could someone please explain?

On a side note regarding paradoxes, it seems to go like this:
    Ninth Doctor: NO PARADOXES ALLOWED. EVER. SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU CREATE A PARADOX?
    Tenth Doctor: Weeeeeeeell, okay, one or two, but be careful!
    Eleventh Doctor: A paradox for you! One for you! And you and you and you! Paradoxes for everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by Teacup View Post
    Thank you, I needed my life to be further ruined by this show. One thing I still struggle to understand is why River can visit, but the Doctor can't. I feel as if I'm missing something. Could someone please explain?
    I don't get it, either. If I read something on a board somewhere, I'll bring it back.

On a side note regarding paradoxes, it seems to go like this:
    Ninth Doctor: NO PARADOXES ALLOWED. EVER. SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU CREATE A PARADOX?
    Tenth Doctor: Weeeeeeeell, okay, one or two, but be careful!
    Eleventh Doctor: A paradox for you! One for you! And you and you and you! Paradoxes for everybody!
    Rule #1: The Doctor lies

(and Steven Moffatt is one warped man)

Yes he is. I also enjoyed RTD's writing.

Have you heard of the Doctor Who drinking game? The rule is drink until it doesn't hurt anymore. ()

!!!!! WHY didn't they put that scene in?? IS it going to be in the next episode so poor dad has some consolation? Are we going to go back and see Amy and Rory somehow? HOW can they just wipe put characters like that? They ALWAYS come back. Blondie came back. Martha came back. redhead came back. There's always some twist that allows us to see them again.

As far as I know, Amy & Rory are gone permanently, as really and sincerely dead people are. Karen & Arthur have been very clear that they aren't coming back.

They probably ran out of time to fit that scene in the final cut.

Really? Man, this seems like one of those once in a lifetime kind of things to be able to be on such an amazing show, and to not want to come back??

I've only started watching this show in the past couple of weeks (I have a couple of facebook friends who mention it occasionally so I decided to check out an episode that was on one night to see what the big deal was) and am hooked already! I've checked out Wikipedia, read through the episode guides since it restarted in 2005 and have my DVR set to record episodes as they're shown. It's a bit hard bouncing back and forth between David Tennant's episodes and Matt Smith's and trying to keep track of what took place when and what has and hasn't occurred yet, but I think I'm getting the idea. I wish I had discovered it sooner so there wasn't quite so much to sort through, but I'm loving it so far!
    It's not about the color of the ribbon but the quality of the ride. Having said that, I'd like the blue one please!

I will go beyond 'meh' and say out right I can't STAND Amy and Rory. SO GLAD they're gone and if they can't come back so much the better. I'm also not real enthused about the new companion. David Tennant was brilliant, Donna was the best companion, and Steven Moffett was a better writer than show runner. But that's just my opinion. I'm just glad more people are discovering it.
    ~Kryswyn~ Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo
    Check out my Kryswyn JRTs on Facebook

"Life is merrier with a terrier!"