The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Oh the fun...

I need some wine with this whine, I am sure...

A couple of weeks ago I hurt my hand, flicking my middle finger at my kid. You could hear it go 'ggrrr' by the joint...it's been weeks and it still hurts. A friend, A nurse practitioner was so nice to look at it. She said since I can move it, just to rest it up and take my anti inflamatory meds (AKA Ibuprofene)

Most of the time it's ok, but since it's my right hand, I agravate it every so often.

DH had this idea cooked up with his brother to build a photo booth.
    Great, but all the ideas that involve work involve me doing the work...

And me not having a camera to shoot the stuff he has me signed up for shooting....

Thursday night we go to shoot a football game at a school (rather for) several of his co-workers kids go to.

It was fun, sort of, except that the weather was suckish. Not too hot, but so muggy, you had a better chance breathing with your head under water.

Last night our school played. I was set to shoot, but I got a call from my friend last minute, begging me to work concessions for her, she was several people short...and it showed...
    It's a long story, the booster president has to micromanage everybody, shoot other ideas down and his wife is a <female dog> . As long as they show up, no volunteers...
    So no pictures last night, though the weather was nearly perfect (we expected rain, because of the storm)

Today my hand hurts, my elbow, shoulder, both knees and I have a one sided head ache....I am coming down with something.
    Right now I am missing my FIL's 70th birthday party, but I am really that miserable!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristol Bay View Post
    Try setting your broomstick to fly at a lower altitude.
    GNU Terry Prachett

Can you buy vodka by the box? I think it will need more than wine to help you over your whine.
    I'm not sure if I grew out of stupid or ran out of brave.

Practicing Member of the Not too Klassy for Boxed Wine Clique

You who indulge in finger flicking must face the finger flicking consequences.

Seriously, I agree that a martini seems to be in order.. I do hope you feel better.

1 members found this post helpful.

So sorry. Hope you feel better soon and I think Vodka Boxo is an excellent idea!
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!

I couldn't get past the part where you flicked your middle finger at your child.

Oh well, hope you feel better soon.
    \"Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it.\" Anne of Green Gables

2 members found this post helpful.

Feel better!!! Have a martini or two!

I did something to my knee yesterday just by crouching down to pick up something off the floor - within a few hours, the knee was swollen, stiff, and black and blue. No idea what I could possibly have done to it.