The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie View Post
    They were not obeying order to stand down. This has been DIRECTLY denied by the CIA.

Also, here are some facts for you: http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news...ttacks-110212/

And, re: the military getting involved:

The Pentagon would not send forces or aircraft into Libya — a sovereign nation — without a request from the State Department and the knowledge or consent of the host country. And Defense Secretary Leon Panetta has said the information coming in was too jumbled to risk U.S. troops.

The military my husband served for 30 years would not ask permission of anyone to keep fellow Americans from being murdered.

From what I remember of the very first reports, the fox reporter got the information that they were told to "stand down" twice from someone who was actually there.

2 members found this post helpful.

"And while the two that were killed afterwards did send coordinates, waht do you think would have happened if there had been a strike on the location and half a dozen of our people were killed by collateral damage? the ones firing the mortars were too close to our people to safely take that shot. We're good, just not that good."

OH YES WE ARE!

Quote Originally Posted by sunny59 View Post
    You should both should read this, you might learn something
    The CIA along with the 2 former Navy Seals went to the Embassy and were able to rescue several people and bring them to a safe house.

The 2 Navy Seals asked to go back to the Embassy to look for the U.S. Ambassador and his assistant and were denied. They were told to stay put.

Being true Americans, they went to the Embassy against orders from our Government, and were eventually murdered.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Noms View Post
    Natalie, that is the same link someone posted earlier, a Washington Post link, exact same story.

However, they were told to STAND DOWN, told not to go from the annex to the consulate location. They went anyway.

One of the ex-seals has a laser fixed on the enemy location, thinking that reinforcements were coming to bomb, sadly, those orders were never given.

This quote really takes the cake:

"The Pentagon would not send forces or aircraft into Libya — a sovereign nation — without a request from the State Department and the knowledge or consent of the host country. And Defense Secretary Leon Panetta has said the information coming in was too jumbled to risk U.S. troops."

According to Leon Panetta, next time we plan on bombing terrorists attacking US personnel, we will have to make sure to get permission first. bbbwwwhahahaha.
    Totally true..... Not just that, why do we need permission to enter airspace to save OUR people? Did Obama get permission from Pakistan to go in to get Bin Laden?????? Hmmmmm

We know the State Department had a live feed from the Drone and so did the Situation Room at the W.H.

And the American people were told for two weeks the attack occurred because of a video... Cover up indeed.

5 members found this post helpful.

Hey all you Fox News fans--one of your own just called the network out for trying to create a political scandal where there is none:

http://thehill.com/opinion/columnists/juan-williams/263219-opinion-debunking-the-gops-false-narratives-about-the-benghazi-attack

His concluding thoughts:
    "Once the political spin stops, the bottom line is there is no evidence so far to support the Romney camp’s claim of incompetence or a cover-up by the administration. There is only a tragic attack on the United States, our understanding of which is becoming clearer as new intelligence comes to light.

Win at all costs and apologize later is the rule in political campaigns, and the GOP has seen Obama’s approval rating on foreign policy fall in the aftermath of the Libya attack.

But this is one political strategy that is based on deliberate misinformation about the Benghazi assault."
    You do realize that Juan Williams (who is a nice guy) is a Liberal commentator who works for FOX????

He was fired from NPR because he made a comment, they didn't agree with...
    The party of tolerance...lol

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by hosspuller View Post
    Juan Williams was a liberal talking head that was thrown under his own bus. Fox News then picked him up to counterweight their own conservative commenters. Which of the other major media outlets have similar situations with high profile talking heads? I Can't think of any... Natalie: perhaps you, who follow them extensively, can name the outlets besides Fox.
    Can I answer?? NONE!

This isn't about asking questions--it's about spreading blatant misinformation, which Fox has been knowingly doing.
    Are you sure you aren't referring to Obama, Susan Rice, Press Secretary Carney and Hillary?

Quote Originally Posted by PaintedHunter View Post
    I'd say pretty much ALL other networks have both liberal and conservative commentators.
    Which networks? And who are the commentators? Full time commentators like FOX?

Quote Originally Posted by Beentheredonethat View Post

You know what is really sickening? Making $10 million off the auto bailout, hiding it through Bain capital, then bitching about the bailouts. Bitching about jobs going overseas, and destroying an Illinois town so Bain capital can make more money. Oh yeah, and thinking YOU are the only one who doesn't have to release your tax returns.
    Bitching about jobs going overseas?

Hmmm, our tax dollars for the Stimulbust to fund a FINLAND car manufacturer?

No problem with Jeep expanding production in China? Wasn't the purpose of the Stimulbust to create American jobs?

Chrysler reported a $381-million third-quarter profit. GM will report its results today. How dare they make a profit!

As you know, the tax returns were released.

I bet you have no idea what you're talking about and being hysterical!!!!! I'd bet if I were a family member, I would want a thoughtful, thorough investigation done and the resolution not have a bunch of casualties around instead of making it a publicity stunt. THAT is sickening!!!!!!
    Not true - The families have been demanding an answer and the truth from day one. They too, know it is one huge cover up.

Quote Originally Posted by Blugal View Post
    It's tough for me to understand these sorts of threads. On another thread, an American COTHer asked about buying a gun. The overwhelming response was, "get one!" When I brought up some statistics about gun-related deaths, they weren't too welcome.

Yet here on this thread, what I find difficult to understand is the outrage over the death of four US citizens.

All I can think about is, where is the outrage for the foreign civilians that have died in US-led attacks on various countries in the past 22 years (that I've been paying attention). How many US citizens died today in car crashes, homicides, etc. And what is the government doing about that? (Or where is the criticism for what the government isn't doing?)

These stats are outdated (2005), but good enough for me: 40,000 US citizens die per year in the US in car crashes. That's about 110 people per day.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (2008/9), the number of firearm homicides is 11,493 per year in the US. So, roughly 31 people per day.

That's 31 US citizens (I'll assume they're mostly US citizens) per day killed on US soil by guns.
    Difference is, if I'm in a car accident, Police and First Responders will come to my aid. Not ignore my pleas for help.

Difference is, if there is a shooting, the Police will come when called. Not ignore the 911 call. And then deny it for 7 weeks...

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsmom View Post
    Nothing is being done, because the WH is involved in covering up their failure to help. The WH wants the whole thing to go away so Obama can get reelected. And they are counting on the people willing to bury their head in the sand to vote for him and not ask questions.
    This.

The "Jay Walking" generation and others of similarly vacant head cavities will take our country down.
    Comprehensive Equestrian Site Planning and Facility Design
    www.lynnlongplanninganddesign.com

7 members found this post helpful.

They were not obeying order to stand down. This has been DIRECTLY denied by the CIA.

Also, here are some facts for you: http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news...ttacks-110212/

And, re: the military getting involved:

The Pentagon would not send forces or aircraft into Libya — a sovereign nation — without a request from the State Department and the knowledge or consent of the host country. And Defense Secretary Leon Panetta has said the information coming in was too jumbled to risk U.S. troops.
    Natalie ... As I said before reading between the lines is required when dealing with lawyers in Gov't. The CIA said they didn't command anybody to stand-down. That doesn't mean the order to stand-down was NOT given. In the chain of command higher authority gave the order to stand-down. Who is higher than the CIA ??? Cabinet level people. Who are these people ? Sec defense, Sec state, etc.

Who is higher authority than Cabinet ... Why Mr Obama of course as CIC. If CIC says to do take all possible means to help while the attack was going on. That is an order to all US forces and people world wide no matter where they are. There was no military help given. So Who disregarded orders. see here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1O7UiOy7pU

We have already sent warplanes into Libya months ago, when there was a sovereign gov't. Why not when Americans on American property are under attack?

Hunter--Seriously? You STILL don't know the fake Finland car stimulus story spread by Faux news?

Jobs in Finland

The ad claims the stimulus also included “half a billion to an electric car company that created hundreds of jobs in Finland.” The car company in question is Fisker Automotive, which was awarded more than a half billion dollars worth of loans to make fuel-efficient electric cars. And all of the electric cars built by Fisker so far were manufactured in Finland. That forms the basis of the ad’s claim.

But there’s more to this story.

The Fisker loans came in two parts. The first part, according to a statement from Dan Leistikow, a spokesman for the Department of Energy, was a $169 million loan guarantee to support the development of Fisker’s first luxury electric car, called the Karma. The company has made about 1,400 of them so far (and sold 800 for about $97,000 apiece), all of them assembled in Finland. But the Department of Energy and Fisker insist the government loan money was spent exclusively in the United States “to support the engineers who developed the tools, equipment and manufacturing processes for Fisker’s first vehicle, the Fisker Karma.” According to Fisker officials, that work was done in Fisker’s U.S. facilities, including its headquarters in Irvine, Calif.,”which has 700 employees and plans to continue hiring.”

Fisker has raised over $1 billion in private equity, Fisker spokesman Roger Ormisher told us. That private money was used to finance the manufacture the cars in Finland, he said, while the DOE loan was used exclusively in the U.S. for engineering, design and marketing, and sales. That supported more than 600 jobs in the U.S., he said.

“All of the DOE loan money that we got for the Karma project had to be spent in America,” Ormisher said.

It’s possible that DOE money used to fund operations in the U.S. allowed private investment to concentrate on overseas manufacturing. But it would be simply inaccurate to claim that all of that $169 million funded jobs overseas. Moreover, a number of American suppliers were used to make parts that were assembled in Finland, Ormisher said, creating about 1,500 jobs. Last year, Fisker officials estimated more than 45 percent of the components of the Karma were manufactured by about 40 U.S. suppliers.

In addition to the $169 million, the DOE approved a much larger, $359 million loan to help Fisker develop a lower-priced version of its car, called the Nina. The plan is to build those cars at a shuttered General Motors factory in Delaware. That project has hit some snags. In February, amid delays to the project, Fisker let go 26 employees from the Delaware factory.

However, Fisker still plans to move forward with the car, and the “first option” is still to build them at the factory in Delaware, Ormisher said. If it moves forward, the plant could employ up to 2,500 workers. A prototype of the car, renamed the Atlantic, was unveiled recently, but a launch date was not announced.

To date, Fisker has drawn down $193 million of the $529 million in government loan guarantees, Ormisher said. Fisker has been negotiating with DOE since last May regarding the future of this second part of the funding.

http://www.factcheck.org/2012/05/sti...jobs-overseas/

That covers the rest of the lies about fake overseas funding.

"Chrysler reported a $381-million third-quarter profit. GM will report its results today. How dare they make a profit!"

So, now you're complaining car companies are making a profit because Obama gave them a bailout, got paid back, and ssved thousands of jobs????

Kinda sounds like my point of Romney complaining about the same thing, and making a $10 million profit from it.
    " By contrast, the auto bail-out provided a windfall of over 4,000% on one single Romney investment.

In 2009, Ann Romney partnered with her husband's key donor, billionaire Paul Singer, who secretly bought a controlling interest in Delphi Auto, the former GM auto parts division. Singer's hedge fund, Elliott Management, threatened to cut off GM's supply of steering columns unless GM and the government's TARP auto bail-out fund provided Delphi with huge payments. While the US treasury complained this was "extortion," the hedge funds received, ultimately, $12.9 billion in taxpayer subsidies.

As a result, the shares Singer and Romney bought for just 67 cents are today worth over $30, a 4,000% gain. Singer's hedge fund made a profit of $1.27 billion and the Romney's tens of millions."
    http://readersupportednews.org/opini...t-profiteering

BTDT, I know you didnt write that post, you copy/paste like a pro.

Back to Benghazi,,, there is an audio of the activity at the consulate during the attack which is quite disturbing. Apparently, the audio is of people (not sure who) at the consulate screaming and begging for help.

1 members found this post helpful.

Are you kidding? I GAVE the links I copied part of it from to give the infomration. Did you miss that?

Hunter and are are old friends, seriously, with major differences of "opinion." Like you, she restates a LOT of Faux news talking points without facts.

Are you kidding? I GAVE the links I copied part of it from to give the infomration. Did you miss that?

Hunter and are are old friends, seriously, with major differences of "opinion." Like you, she restates a LOT of Faux news talking points without facts.
    I get that you copied it from links, thats why I said you copy/paste like a pro.

This thread is on BENGHAZI. There is another Political thread that you can copy and paste stuff on.

BTDT .. The problem I see about the US gov't loaning or giving money to Fisker is the fungibility of money. The 1/2 billion dollar loan while spent in the US allows Fisker to spend more money outside the US.

If the electric auto is such a good business risk, then Fisker should shoulder the risk. Not the taxpayers, who don't share in the profit. That sums the entire problem. Through gov't intervention in the mortgage , auto, solar cell, battery, wind, markets ... we taxpayers get public risk and selected private crony profit.

Yeah, NO KIDDING. Which is why when Hunter went OFF TOPIC again with random Faux talking points, I addressed that because no one else will anymore.

hosspuller--I don't agree or disagree with you. There are probably good reasons on both sides. It's just the constant LYING about EVERYTHING and hyperbole and fear on everything. No solutions, just fear, name calling, and lying.
    Last edited by Beentheredonethat; Nov. 3, 2012 at 01:12 AM.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by minnie View Post
    "And while the two that were killed afterwards did send coordinates, waht do you think would have happened if there had been a strike on the location and half a dozen of our people were killed by collateral damage? the ones firing the mortars were too close to our people to safely take that shot. We're good, just not that good."

OH YES WE ARE!
    I have a friend and client who is a former fighter pilot and he said an F-16 can take out a "lazed" target without collateral damage as can an armed drone. He's currently a drone pilot in his "retirement." Kind of neat getting to meet folks who really know first hand what our capabilities really are, who served once and continue to do so. I visited with him today and we had this very conversation. He's pissed too...like nearly all veterans and military I know...you don't leave people behind...never.

There is little doubt with a laser on the bad guys that they could not have safely taken out the bad guys with several aircraft to include drones. I heard it today from someone who knows absolutely what those capabilities are.