The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoonlady View Post
    I love how when we questioned then President Bush's actions after 9/11 we were called unpatriotic and un-American, but supporting Obama's decisions about a terrorist attack gets us basically the same treatment from the same people (but it isn't un-American or unpatriotic). Oh I get it.

If Bush were impeached for the things he admitted to and did openly he'd have been impeached four times over. Obama is questioned on EVERYTHING he does and for all the things he is supposed to be (Muslim, not born in the US etc) but isn't and you want him impeached. It's more than hypocritical to say how wrong it was to attack Bush (for anything basically but especially questioning his actions or non actions as the case may have been) but Obama is dragged through the mud for things he never was, never did and isn't. Why is that do you think..I think I know.

Obama and his foreign policy have been put the test again and again because nearly every Islamic country hates us as a nation for the actions of the previous President, but now Benghazi is all Obama's fault. Why can't those who want him out just say what it is really about?
    We are saying it. Read the thread. Don't come in here race baiting and trying to make this into something its not. This has nothing to do with race or Pres. Bush. The actions (or lack thereof) of the current administration have been a disgrace to the families of all who were lost. The stance on foreign affairs, the meddling in events that we have no business meddling in, and the attempts to play fair with people who DO NOT play fair and will never play fair have put our country in a very dangerous spot. Anyone who thinks we are not heading towards a huge, ugly war involving more than one Middle Eastern country is delusional. There is some seriously ugly business going on over there.
    "Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field." --Dwight D Eisenhower

Boston Terrier Rescue of NC - www.btrnc.org - Adopt for Life!

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by SkipHiLad4me View Post
    We are saying it. Read the thread. Don't come in here race baiting and trying to make this into something its not. This has nothing to do with race or Pres. Bush. The actions (or lack thereof) of the current administration have been a disgrace to the families of all who were lost. The stance on foreign affairs, the meddling in events that we have no business meddling in, and the attempts to play fair with people who DO NOT play fair and will never play fair have put our country in a very dangerous spot. Anyone who thinks we are not heading towards a huge, ugly war involving more than one Middle Eastern country is delusional. There is some seriously ugly business going on over there.
    Someone I was talking to a while back compared what the United Nations and the USA as their first responders were doing in the Middle East as seeing dogs go at each other and trying to stick your hand in there to separate them and make them get along or else.
    The dogs are still fighting it out and those helping hands are getting bitten badly.
    What a mess.

2 members found this post helpful.

Hey all you Fox News fans--one of your own just called the network out for trying to create a political scandal where there is none:

http://thehill.com/opinion/columnists/juan-williams/263219-opinion-debunking-the-gops-false-narratives-about-the-benghazi-attack

His concluding thoughts:

"Once the political spin stops, the bottom line is there is no evidence so far to support the Romney camp’s claim of incompetence or a cover-up by the administration. There is only a tragic attack on the United States, our understanding of which is becoming clearer as new intelligence comes to light.

Win at all costs and apologize later is the rule in political campaigns, and the GOP has seen Obama’s approval rating on foreign policy fall in the aftermath of the Libya attack.

But this is one political strategy that is based on deliberate misinformation about the Benghazi assault."

3 members found this post helpful.

Juan Williams is one of biggest Obama supporters on Fox News. He's part of the "fair and balanced" thing.

Yes, there is election next week but people aren't supposed to ask questions or want answers because of it?

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by BasqueMom View Post
    Juan Williams is one of biggest Obama supporters on Fox News. He's part of the "fair and balanced" thing.

Yes, there is election next week but people aren't supposed to ask questions or want answers because of it?
    Did anyone say that? Ask all the questions you want--there were obviously mistakes made and questions SHOULD be asked. I'm not going to pretend that everything is peachy keen about this situation because I'm an Obama supporter, because I'm not a delusional a$$hole who can't see the faults on my own side.

This isn't about asking questions--it's about spreading blatant misinformation, which Fox has been knowingly doing.

Edited to add: The issue here is also that all of this "investigating reporting" into what happened presumes that a coverup took place even though no evidence of one has yet surfaced. Digging into a situation with a predetermined outcome in mind isn't "asking questions"--its the equivalent of all the crazies (and yes, I consider them that though I have no love for Bush) who are convinced that W., Cheney and Rumsfeld "knew" all about 9/11 and actually helped plan it so W could finish "daddy's war" and make money for his defense contractor friends. Just ask them...they'll find plenty of "facts" that support their assertions. Doesn't make it any less full of $hit.
    Last edited by Natalie; Nov. 2, 2012 at 12:57 PM.

Default answers

Here they are: there is a video which includes charges made and directed at the Congressional body regarding the coverup of the attacks during hearings, and from military and security networks who have the cojones to do same the same thing. The collusion that has gone on for two administrations regarding the network that carried out both 911 attacks, and a press conference at the National Press Club today at 1pm EDT, 11am PDT, and a webcast at 5pm EDT, 8 pm PDT. Of course you are not going to see it aired on the national news because it is from the "extremist labeled" Mr. Lyndon LaRouche, who at 90 years old has more backbone than the majority of Congress in total. That is the real issue, if these members of our elected bodies are not shoved against the wall, we will have no more rights to a representative government very soon and precious damned little now. After all, the real outcome of financing extremist groups with the ability to get nuclear weapons is a very dangerous scenario indeed. And they all know who are the money bags, those who care to look that is, at least the Russian leadership are warning, as well an international conference in Erice, Italy that just convened two days ago. Do you hear anything about this from the august body of the US national news media? Wake up before it is way too late.

Here you go:

http://larouchepac.com/node/24362 video from Executive Intelligence review editor Claire Lovgren, excellent, incredible indictment of Barack Obama for coverup that permitted the attack and murder of our ambassdor who pled for assistance for months.
    "When written in Chinese, the word "crisis" is composed of two characters, one represents danger, the other represents opportunity."

John F Kennedy

1 members found this post helpful.

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Luckily, when I was shopping at WalMart last night, I noticed a large display of clearance snack items and stocked up on big bags of Honey Nut ChexMix, which serves me well for situations like this.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie View Post
    Hey all you Fox News fans--one of your own just called the network out for trying to create a political scandal where there is none:

http://thehill.com/opinion/columnists/juan-williams/263219-opinion-debunking-the-gops-false-narratives-about-the-benghazi-attack

Juan Williams was a liberal talking head that was thrown under his own bus. Fox News then picked him up to counterweight their own conservative commenters. Which of the other major media outlets have similar situations with high profile talking heads? I Can't think of any... Natalie: perhaps you, who follow them extensively, can name the outlets besides Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
    Luckily, when I was shopping at WalMart last night, I noticed a large display of clearance snack items and stocked up on big bags of Honey Nut ChexMix, which serves me well for situations like this.
    I hope you are not watching your weight.
    There is enough material here to last a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by hosspuller View Post
    Juan Williams was a liberal talking head that was thrown under his own bus. Fox News then picked him up to counterweight their own conservative commenters. Which of the other major media outlets have similar situations with high profile talking heads? I Can't think of any... Natalie: perhaps you, who follow them extensively, can name the outlets besides Fox.
    I'd say pretty much ALL other networks have both liberal and conservative commentators.

You are not privy to the list of kill victims, this is the one meeting every week that Obama would and has interrupted his family dinner for. Qaddafi was fleeing under a white flag, he was no longer a threat to anyone, and even if he were,the orders to kill anyone, including a dictator are a violation of everything we used to stand for as a nation, you know those funny little things we have in our Consitution about "innocent until proven guilty". The matter was they did not want him to talk, period and our nations' history of not assassiating leaders went out the window, again.
    "When written in Chinese, the word "crisis" is composed of two characters, one represents danger, the other represents opportunity."

John F Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by sunny59 View Post
    You should both should read this, you might learn something
    Sunny59 (refering to an article saying the CIA rushed help to Bengazi) This article supports the point that the WH withheld sending help in the seven hour battle. Notice the sender of help was the CIA... not the Dept of Defense. (air force, navy, marines,etc ) or the state department.

You might learn to read between the lines and what is NOT said. Look up the definition of "IS" Clinton salvaged his career with lawyer speech.

I'm not really sure what I've ever said that indicated I follow any media outlet extensively. Quite to the contrary--I make it a point to never really watch cable news.

I do read newspapers, however, and all of the major players (WaPo, NYTimes, etc.) have both liberal and conservative opinion writers on their weekly op-ed rotation.

OK, for the person who gave me a thumbs down - what about Joe Scarborough and Wolf Blitzer? They aren't even just commentators but full-on HOSTS.

I'm not really sure what I've ever said that indicated I follow any media outlet extensively. Quite to the contrary--I make it a point to never really watch cable news.

I do read newspapers, however, and all of the major players (WaPo, NYTimes, etc.) have both liberal and conservative opinion writers on their weekly op-ed rotation.
    And ditto too this on not watching cable TV news/commentary. It's too ripe with misinformation everywhere. I read all my news, and from a variety of outlets. I actually ACTIVELY seek out "the other side" on issues, for the very reason of not wanting to be misinformed. I never take any news or article at face value. It's one thing to have differing opinions, but people should always seek to inform themselves and not allow themselves to be spoon-fed information at face value. And this goes for all political ideologies

I agree PaintedHunter. While I do read the liberal op-ed pieces in major newspapers (mostly to soothe my nerves during this election season, haha), I make a point of looking for truly unbiased sources for actual news--straight facts with no spin.

Quote Originally Posted by PaintedHunter View Post
    I'd say pretty much ALL other networks have both liberal and conservative commentators.
    Not of the same level of profile... Name a conservative commenter equal in profile to Juan Williams on a major tv outlet.

Google Pew Research's reports on liberal/conservative balance in the media. Pew says liberals are over represented. Maybe the media should be measured with the "disparate impact" they are so fond of.

Sunny59 (refering to an article saying the CIA rushed help to Bengazi) This article supports the point that the WH withheld sending help in the seven hour battle. Notice the sender of help was the CIA... not the Dept of Defense. (air force, navy, marines,etc ) or the state department.

You might learn to read between the lines and what is NOT said. Look up the definition of "IS" Clinton salvaged his career with lawyer speech.
    LOL, if your idea of read between the lines is make up stuff, then I suppose I could learn. How about the part where they said it is the policy not to interfere with the folks out there doing their job. Maybe, just maybe they had some confidence that what was happening there was the best and correct approach. Again, there are all kinds of reasons to let the CIA handle it. Perhaps you can read between the lines to figure out why this might be a good thing?

Quote Originally Posted by BasqueMom View Post

There is nothing wrong with asking questions, but demanding answers real time in an incident involving national security is just silly. There is a reason they don't disclose everything and this should be obvious to everyone. I for one do NOT want my government telling the world exactly what their strategy is at every moment.

And using this incident as political fodder is just plain wrong. Offensive.

A tragic event occured and there is NO evidence of wrongdoing by the administration. NONE.

Did anyone say that? Ask all the questions you want--there were obviously mistakes made and questions SHOULD be asked. I'm not going to pretend that everything is peachy keen about this situation because I'm an Obama supporter, because I'm not a delusional a$$hole who can't see the faults on my own side.

This isn't about asking questions--it's about spreading blatant misinformation, which Fox has been knowingly doing.

Edited to add: The issue here is also that all of this "investigating reporting" into what happened presumes that a coverup took place even though no evidence of one has yet surfaced. Digging into a situation with a predetermined outcome in mind isn't "asking questions"--its the equivalent of all the crazies (and yes, I consider them that though I have no love for Bush) who are convinced that W., Cheney and Rumsfeld "knew" all about 9/11 and actually helped plan it so W could finish "daddy's war" and make money for his defense contractor friends. Just ask them...they'll find plenty of "facts" that support their assertions. Doesn't make it any less full of $hit.