The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The New Forum

I just flat out don't like it. I'm pretty busy with the collie rescue, so guess I won't be posting much in the future.

It's garish, hard to read, and I really don't like the anonymous thumbs up or down. If COTH wants to link a name to the like or dislike, then fine, otherwise, I think it's just not a good move.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

1 members found this post helpful.

The red text is more than a little distracting, I agree.
    "In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn’t merely train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming part dog."
    -Edward Hoagland

DITTO!!!

The red lettering already has my eyes burning & I've only been on for about 15 minutes. And the "Thumbs Up"/"Thumbs Down" sh*t is the stuff grade-school & high-school level boards are made of. Good grief.

And when posting now, I get a pop-up asking me if I want to "leave the page", which is confusing. It appears I have to to say "yes" to "leaving the page" if I want my post to post. Confusing.

Haven't been on long enough to discover the other supposedly wonderful "upgrades", but so far it's zero "like" for anything.

The red text is driving me crazy.

Font too small...just that little bit makes it too hard to read. Red is not good...should be blue or green. I work in the sign industry...red is only used for danger or something bad. I can't read the thread titles with all that red. Another forum (horseshoers.com) is not user friendly, and I hardly visit it anymore; I hope they make the changes so I can still feel comfortable reading this..the red actually hurts my eyes!

Edit: Okay, forget the blue..green, or grey...the red is so loud I didn't even notice the blue.

Be kind with your words and patient with your discontent.
    Remember they worked hard on this and it is a work in progress right now.
    They want to know what you like and dislike, no need to be grumpy about it.

Go to the forum where this is discussed and tell them what you think.

14 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Remember they worked hard on this and it is a work in progress right now.
    They "worked hard" to decide to print text in red that's so obviously difficult to read & was perfectly fine the way it was? How many meetings did it take to decide that one?

Where humidity isn't just a word, it's a way of life.

While I can envision some tweaks would improve things, I'd just like to thank the Chronicle and the mods for allowing us this excellent forum to express ourselves.

Talk about first world problems...design revisions and font color on a free forum, lol!

9 members found this post helpful.

I was a more than a little aggrivated about the pop up ads every other click of the mouse, but I was willing to deal.

However, this new forum is terrible. The style is awful and for some reason it takes FOREVER to load each page. I never had this problem until just now.

The old forum was fine how it was. I don't understand the need to change it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, ya know?

The red text, at the very least, needs to go. It's making me strain my eyes and giving me a headache just in the short time that I've tried to browse the OT forum. I'll go elsewhere until that is taken care of... it's not worth the headache (literally).
    "People ask me 'will I remember them if I make it'. I ask them 'will you remember me if I don't?'"

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

You can change the text color to whatever you want through your browser settings.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have,
    at this moment, been thrown up from below!

2 members found this post helpful.

My eyes objected when I first opened it up today, but I am getting used to it. After I enlarged everything....

Would prefer the red go away too.

But thanks for providing the board! You can't please everyone....

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonoverMississippi View Post
    While I can envision some tweaks would improve things, I'd just like to thank the Chronicle and the mods for allowing us this excellent forum to express ourselves.

Talk about first world problems...design revisions and font color on a free forum, lol!
    Having a free forum is certainly nice ... but remember, if you can't figure out what they're selling, they're selling you. The redesign was probably conceived to improve search engine optimization and other behind-the-scenes tech stuff that will increase the site's google rankings, traffic, and therefore number of eyeballs = ad rates = $$$.

No one ever likes a redesign (myself included). We'll get used to it in time.

I have not seen NOT ONE pop-up ad in a while now!

Do I dare hope they nixed that obnoxious feature?

Quote Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
    You can change the text color to whatever you want through your browser settings.
    How? Please explain. The red is driving me nuts and giving me a headache.
    "People ask me 'will I remember them if I make it'. I ask them 'will you remember me if I don't?'"

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    I have not seen NOT ONE pop-up ad in a while now!

Do I dare hope they nixed that obnoxious feature?
    I think they did. I saw on another thread that the trial period for the pop ups was coming to an end. It appears they didn't renew.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

Quote Originally Posted by Milocalwinnings View Post
    How? Please explain. The red is driving me nuts and giving me a headache.
    I 2nd this!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Long Spot View Post
    I think they did. I saw on another thread that the trial period for the pop ups was coming to an end. It appears they didn't renew.
    Well, looks like all the complaining was listened to.

BIG THANK YOU.

HATE the red text. If you have Windows 7 you have to use the Compatability View to make it act right. I thought this was meant to be NEW ?
    ... _. ._ .._. .._

Quote Originally Posted by LauraKY View Post
    I just flat out don't like it. I'm pretty busy with the collie rescue, so guess I won't be posting much in the future.

It's garish, hard to read, and I really don't like the anonymous thumbs up or down. If COTH wants to link a name to the like or dislike, then fine, otherwise, I think it's just not a good move.
    I realize changes take time to get accustomed to, like we've had in the past. But I agree with LauraKY, I just can't get used to this new format. It pains my eyes, and that is not sarcasm. Why the red????? What was wrong with the old format?

Mods have already said the red slipping through was a mistake, and it's going away asap.
    Quote Originally Posted by HuntrJumpr
    No matter what level of showing you're doing, you are required to have pants on.