The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default "To Kill a Mockingbird" Theater showing November 15th

I figured that there have to be a lot of fans of this movie here, and wanted to make sure that you were all aware that, on November 15, there will be special theater screenings of this wonderful movie all over the country on its 50th anniversary.

A couple of months ago, they held a similar screening for the anniversary (60th?) of "Singin' in the Rain." I went to that one, in spite of the fact that I have seen the movie on TV a dozen times. I was a little bit doubtful, but figured that it would be a fun evening. I was right. The theater wasn't full, by any means, and the tickets were a little on the expensive side, but, everyone in that theater had a wonderful time, laughing and clapping and, sometimes even singing along.

I'm betting that this experience will be similar, minus the laughing and singing, of course. I saw this movie at the theaters when it came out and it has stuck in my memory ever since. I've seen it since, on TV and loved it just as much. I can't wait to see it again, in the movie theater. There's just something about seeing a wonderful movie on that big screen that can't be duplicated when you are seeing it at home, on TV.

Here's the URL, where you can find out where "To Kill a Mockingbird" will be playing in your area. http://www.fandango.com/tcmpresentst...256/movietimes
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

1 members found this post helpful.

Thanks for the heads up! I will be en route to visit family in Virginia that evening, really bummed that I'll miss it. Would love to see it on the big screen. Fortunately we have a great little cafe/movie house near us that frequently shows old movies (where I first saw "Casablanca") and I'm sure they'll have it at some point...

Thank you! It will be playing at a few theaters near me, and I am looking forward to seeing it on the big screen. I think it's one of the few movies that does justice to the book from which it was taken. Plus, Gregory Peck, one of the most handsome men ever to walk the earth.
    Founding member of the "I Miss bar.ka" clique
    Founding member of the "I Miss Pocket Trainer" clique

Thanks for the notification. Alas, my dad is coming up from FL to visit us, so I won't make it to the theater, but you can bet that DVD will be popped in.

Love Gregory Peck.... that man melts my butter (and yes, Mr. ChocoMare knows )
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

It's on sale at WalMart right now. You can get the Blu-Ray with the DVD in a single package for 15 bucks.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!

I am really going to try to see it in the theater as it is one of the great movies of all time IMHO. Thanks for the heads up on this.

Quote Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
    It's on sale at WalMart right now. You can get the Blu-Ray with the DVD in a single package for 15 bucks.
    There is an awesome anniversary edition with interviews with various stars - definitely Gregory Peck, and I THINK Harper Lee.
    Founder of the I LOFF my worrywart TB clique!
    Official member of the "I Sing Silly Songs to My Animals!" Clique
    http://wilddiamondintherough.blogspot.ca/

Back to Normal.. or as close as I'll ever get

Thanks for the heads-up!
    This one is certainly be worth seeing on the big screen
    I can be 12yo again, seeing it for the 1st time

off to recruit friends to go with.......
    *friend of bar.ka*RIP all my lovely boys, gone too soon:
    Steppin' Out 1988-2004
    Hey Vern! 1982-2009
    Cash's Bay Threat 1994-2009

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeThbd View Post
    There is an awesome anniversary edition with interviews with various stars - definitely Gregory Peck, and I THINK Harper Lee.
    Indeed. That is what is on sale. The film was fully restored not too long ago for the Blu-Ray release.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!

Thank you! TKAM is one of my top five favorite movies, and is probably my favorite book. I would love to see it on the big screen.
    Life would be infinitely better if pinatas suddenly appeared throughout the day.

Thanks for the info! Already trying to round up someone to go with.

Now THIS seems to me to be the mark of a truly superior book: I DON'T KNOW if I've seen the movie. I think perhaps I have blended the vivid, heart-grabbing details of the book with the stills and clips I've seen of the movie. But I'm really not sure. All I know is I'd like to see it (once again/for the first time) on the big screen!
    Arrange whatever pieces come your way. - Virginia Woolf

Did you know that if you say the word "GULLIBLE" really softly, it sounds like "ORANGES"?

One of my all time favorite books and movies.

Agree - Gregory Peck was oh so easy on the eyes.
    "Never do anything that you have to explain twice to the paramedics."
    Courtesy my cousin Tim

I'll be going here in Houston and taking my DH - who has never seen it!
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

Great! Love old movies. Believe they also showed "The Birds" on the big screen, which I was dying to see in that theatre, but had a conflict. Will really try to see this one!
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes