The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Danzig Bros Halters...anyone else have this problem?

I bought one for my sister, black with stainless steel hardware, and royal blue padding. It was beautiful when I received it in the mail, but just a few weeks after, the colored padding faded a lot, and the name plate is bending very easily if you move the halter wrong. The halter isn't used often, it's not left on the horse all the time, or in turnout. Only when he is gotten out. And it is closed in a box when not being used, so it's not exposed to the elements either.
    I don't know if the colored leather was a bad batch, or if it always fades. And I have never seen or heard of a name plate bending that easily.

Has anyone else had this problem?
    Thankfully her horse is black, so the faded royal blue padding, now lavender, still looks good on him. but the name plate bending??????

I remember when you planned this gift & then posted the happy pix. I am sorry this is happening

I would definitely call them, & send along some photos of what it looks like now. In your note, tell them all about how it was gift, etc. Stories help, I have found (yes, true stories)

Hopefully they will make it right.

Yes, call them. I found their customer service to be excellent. Hope you find the same.

Call them - this is not normal. My halter still looks new and I've had it a couple years at this point. The leather hasn't faded at all. I am sure Bill will make things right.

Thanks guys. I emailed them, and he replied right away, and said to send it back that he would put new padding and a new name plate on it. I just hope it was a random thing, and that the fading won't happen again.

I had my sister bring it home, and I plan on mailing it out tomorrow. or Monday.

Thanks again!