The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by knightrider View Post
    I hate to say this but don't own and didn't even know what wellies were till i read this...whats so great about them?
    Hunter wellies are what is great. Wellies or Wellingtons is the British generic name for tall rubber boots. Hunter has been in business since 1856. They make the best quality ones and have a reputation sort of like Barbour. The best at what they do...

I've known about Hunter wellies since around 1986-1987. I've owned two pairs in that time. That's how well they last. Unfortunately, I have the same problems with all tall boots.... I have muscular calves. The standard "men's" Hunter wellies no longer work for me. I scrunch them down which is hard on the boot. I have recently become aware of the Huntress style which is designed for women with more shapley legs and am excited about spending a ton of money on another pair. Having a hard time deciding between glossy black and regular green.
    Why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?
    ~ Dave Barry

If the Hunters are too tight in the calves (or too much $$) try the Sperry...I just got a pair of the green ones and they are fantastic.