The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Anyone else have an iRobot Roomba and love it!!!

I've been watching reviews on these and finally saw purchasers were happy with the results. So, I ordered the 630 Model and love it!!!

Having 4 cats and 2 dogs meant constant vacuuming

Now I run "Rosie" ( named after the maid on the Jetsons) every day and the floors are spotless. Soooo easy. Gets under the bed, the furniture and will focus on one spot if it recognizes additional dirt. Even picks up litter better than my other vacuum cleaner.

The sensors will stop her from tumbling down the stairs.. I love this thing! Anyone else???

I friggin LOVE mine as well. Expensive but worth every penny!! We have dark brown laminate and 2 white dogs, and if I'd skip a day or two of vacuuming there would seriously be snow banks of hair forming in the hallway. "Lazario" does a hell of a job
    Eventing It Up In The Great White North! A girl, a horse, and a helmet cam!!
    http://albertaeventer.blogspot.com/

I want one, but not cause of it's vacuuming capabilities...I want my cats to ride it for my amusement!!
    *Wendy* 4.17.73 - 12.20.05

4 members found this post helpful.

I would like one that mops, not many dustbunnies running around here.

NOPE, my SO has one and I hate it. It does a terrible job IMO. I've stashed it in a corner and haven't used it once. Perhaps it's only good on hardwood...

Hmmmm. This is good to know. We have stone tile floor and a hues full of fluffy dogs. Cutting down on the number of hair tumble weeds under the furniture would be great.
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

Quote Originally Posted by shiningwizard255 View Post
    I want one, but not cause of it's vacuuming capabilities...I want my cats to ride it for my amusement!!
    This is the only reason I would like to have one. I don't have any cats, but I would seriously go out and adopt one to keep the Roomba company.
    You are what you dare.

1 members found this post helpful.

I want one so bad happy to hear the good reviews

We got a refurbished one from woot.com and I love it! I can't let it do the entire first floor because part of it's a construction project, but it does a pretty decent job on the livingroom floor (house is all hardwood/hard surface). We have six cats and a dog, and it manages to get nearly all the dust bunnies. Plus, it's great for creating a cartoon-perfect feline explosion when I first turn it on!

I'd love to get one of the mopping ones (Scooba?) but haven't had the funds when I've seen the refurbs come up.

Lorree
    Quote Originally Posted by King's Ransom
    "Now, did you really mean that I should half-pass to the right whilst turning on the haunches to the left? Or was that just you farting?"

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    I would like one that mops, not many dustbunnies running around here.

There's one called a mint plus that mops

Quote Originally Posted by jennywho View Post

There's one called a mint plus that mops
    Good to know, now, does it work well?
    Anyone has one, knows someone that does?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Good to know, now, does it work well?
    Anyone has one, knows someone that does?
    The reviews on it are pretty good.

DH and I went with a Neato because it had the best ratings for hardwood and carpet combined. I love it! It hasn't completely replaced my Dyson but it has drastically reduced the time I spend vacuuming and the frequency.

I think one of these just went on my shopping list! Lots of good reviews on Amazon. Is there any place better price-wise? No, definitely not cheap but hopefully worth it.
    Let us ride together; blowing mane and hair; careless of the weather; miles ahead of care...Fat Cat Farm Sport Horses

Hmmm, I do like the sound of that Neato. I am one of the world's most negligent vacuumers and the idea of just turning one of these loose on my house periodically is very enticing. I do have a scardy cat, however. Has anyone else dealt with a cat who is scared of everything coming face to face with one of these things?
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

We've had 5 or 6 and they've all died, or stopped working way before they should have. My DH was dumb enough to buy another, and another and another. Finally he stopped. Usually it was an electronic failure, and the stupid thing just goes around in a small circle. We had one that the dust catching tray would get left behind on the floor, and the unit would continue to vacuum, but the dust would come right out the back. iRobot customer support was the pits. On one of them, they voided our warranty because DH opened the thing up to see what was wrong. The Dirt Dog model was the best of the bunch, but they don't make those anymore. Hope you all have better luck than we did.
    It's 2014. Do you know where your old horse is?

1 members found this post helpful.

I've been thinking about one, but was wondering if I was just completely lazy. I'm certainly not going to win any Good Housekeeping awards right now.

Anyone use one with hardwood & throw rugs?

Quote Originally Posted by pony4me View Post
    We've had 5 or 6 and they've all died, or stopped working way before they should have. My DH was dumb enough to buy another, and another and another. Finally he stopped. Usually it was an electronic failure, and the stupid thing just goes around in a small circle. We had one that the dust catching tray would get left behind on the floor, and the unit would continue to vacuum, but the dust would come right out the back. iRobot customer support was the pits. On one of them, they voided our warranty because DH opened the thing up to see what was wrong. The Dirt Dog model was the best of the bunch, but they don't make those anymore. Hope you all have better luck than we did.
    This is my concern. We are Critter City with a whole herd of cats, 5 small dogs plus live out in the country. We have heart of pine floors and I could literally vacuum/sweep every day. Something like this would be a real help but I hate to spend $300+ on it, only for it to die a premature death.
    Let us ride together; blowing mane and hair; careless of the weather; miles ahead of care...Fat Cat Farm Sport Horses

Quote Originally Posted by FatCatFarm View Post
    This is my concern. We are Critter City with a whole herd of cats, 5 small dogs plus live out in the country. We have heart of pine floors and I could literally vacuum/sweep every day. Something like this would be a real help but I hate to spend $300+ on it, only for it to die a premature death.
    With 3 dogs, a kitty and 2 children I feel the exact same way. I vacuum constantly. We have a lot of hardwood downstairs and will be adding more very soon. I have been looking at them for a couple of months but have seen enough negative reviews that I can't pull the trigger.
    "The joys of motherhood are never fully experienced until the children are in bed" UK

what kinds do you all have? The new ones are like $600! I'd like to spend below $300...is that even possible for something decent? And what about buying one used? Is that not a good idea?
    For things to do in Loudoun County, visit: www.365thingstodoloudoun.com

Id really like one too...I have hardwood and laminate in 90% of my house.
    Busy Bee Farm, Ellijay, GA
    Never Ride Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly
    Way Back Texas~04/20/90-09/17/08
    Green Alligator "Captain"