The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

never mind

Couldn't delete this post for some reason. Apparently another COTH forum feature that's disappeared.

The icon still says "Edit/Delete", but there's no longer a delete button like there used to be.

Bacardi1 is offline Banned Premium Member
    Original Poster

Default Geez Louise!

Back to "Subscribing to a Topic" - At first I thought this feature had been discarded.

But no - some genious at COTH decided it should be put in "too-pale-to-read blue" to match the "too eye-burning to read red" on the forum pages. Who the heck made these decisions? Someone who thinks we all want to be Hellen Keller wannabees? Hope you guys enjoyed all the coffee & doughnuts you must have consumed dreaming up this "new & improved" website.

It's readily apparent that NONE OF YOU have ever heard the old adage - "If it ain't broke - DON'T FIX IT."

Ok I'll bite -- where is this "too-pale-to-read blue" subscribe button?

I have to agree with you. This new format is terrible. But I remember when they changed to the one prior to this one. There were problems with that too, but little by little they got ironed out. We can only hope this gets better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linny View Post
    Those martingales were so taut, you could play Ode to Joy on them with a comb

is this really this important????????????????? Give them oh, I don't know, a couple of days to sort this out. Plus aren't all of the Mods/developers/folks we're bitching about in Sandy's path?

Go bang some pans around, B, and give them a little time to sort the kinks out.

4 members found this post helpful.

Bacardi1 is offline Banned Premium Member
    Original Poster

Quote Originally Posted by katarine View Post
    is this really this important????????????????? Give them oh, I don't know, a couple of days to sort this out. Plus aren't all of the Mods/developers/folks we're bitching about in Sandy's path?

Like your opinion of my opinion is important to me - lol!!

Quote Originally Posted by katarine View Post

Good lord, you sure think yours is the only opinion worth having, don't you? If it's not important to you, I don't care. Why do you care if it's important to me and Bacardi (and who knows how many others)? Why do you have to be dismissive and disrespectful about it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Linny View Post
    Those martingales were so taut, you could play Ode to Joy on them with a comb

I too am curious where the subscribe feature is. If you found it please be helpful and tell the rest of us. Thanks.

Because she could calm down and ask rationally rather than go all ????????????

It is a good feature, and one I'm sure they will repair- in time.

Please try to report questions and glitches with the new site in the Help forum so we're more likely to see it.

You can subscribe to a thread by clicking on Thread Tools from the gray bar at the top of the thread, then selecting Subscribe to this Thread. Is that the font that you're finding hard to read?

You can also subscribe to a thread via the Additional Options box available under your message composition box when you're replying to a thread.

The red font was a default color that was fixed on the beta site, but was not carried over to the new site. That glitch is being fixed.

We've also found that the email notification system isn't working properly for subscribed threads and PM notifications, so heads up that you may not be receiving subscribed thread notices right now.

Thanks ~
    Mod 1

1 members found this post helpful.

Thank you, Mod1. Tis a thankless task minding all these cats and their myriad hissing fits, mine included

1 members found this post helpful.

Thanks Katarine...happy to help folks feel comfortable with the changes and trying to iron out the ones that aren't intentional!

Just re-read the OP, and to clarify, users could never delete a post that started a new thread. You can delete subsequent threads, but not opening posts, which may be the source of part of your confusion on the issue.

Thanks again ~
    Mod 1

Thank you, Mod 1!

FYI - I can see the lettering in the subscribe pull down just fine (using Firefox on a PC).