The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Any offspring out there by the Trakehner, HAKAN?

HAKAN or SIR CHAMBERLAIN babies? Any opinions?

PM sent

arabian rider Guest

Default Any Hakan Offspring?

There are many Hakan Offspring that need a good immeditate home due to the passing of one of his breeders, Zorana Ristic. Michael Asthalter is trying to place many of her horses as he may be moving back to Germany. We just bought a lovely filly that is a tremendous mover. These horses are very gentle, quiet, large and kind. They are just gorgeous movers.

I was doing a search on Hakan and this came up and I am heartbroken! Zorana was the last home of my first horse, a TB mare who baby-sat the foals. I met Hakan several times and I adored him. How terribly sad for Michael and I hope he is able to place the horses if he does return to Germany.

Hakan is alive and well! July 11 2011 he joined three of his offspring, Eskadron Royale, Intuition and Magic, in Greenwich CT. If you are interested in a foal by Hakan, that option is available, and you can contact current owner @ hakan@sporthorstables.net

So who is the stallion? Bloodlines and approvals?

This April, Hakan will be bred to two Trakehner mares, Impression III OSB-E-M1865 and Imperiale II de Steinburg ORB-A-M2423 that were purchased from Michael Asthalter at around the same time Hakan was bought. Hakan throws gorgeous international prospect foals. We have three half brothers from Hakan at the barn, Eskadron Royale, Magic and one out of Hakan/Impression III, named Intuition. If you are interested in a Hakan foal, you can contact the owner @ hakan@sporthorstables.net

Sally - I googled him. Found this link (from 2008/2009) : http://maddoxdressage.wordpress.com/...-our-stallion/

He is not approved ATA, a 2001 model. Not sure if he was ever preesnted to the ATA.

There is this listing on the ATA sales site for a colt o/o Impression III: http://www.americantrakehner.com/Sal.../Intuition.htm

Doesn't look like he has a current website. Interesting bloodlines on the stallion though.
    Emerald Acres standing the ATA Approved Stallion, Tatendrang. Visit us at our Facebook Farm Page as well!

Hakan is registered ATA, not approved, and never will be approved. He was gelded in July 2011, and mare prospects will be bred using frozen, which was taken prior to gelding, to produce more quality foals by Hakan.

Hi,
    Don't know if this thread is still active... I just wanted to let you know I know Hakan very very well... since the day he was born. Dr. Ristic and I were very good friends. I worked at the VA/MD CVM with her. I took several of the horses they had and started them (Natalina, Impie, and a few other GTrak. they brought with them). I was in school at the time and could not afford to buy any of them. The one mare they had Natalina has been the love of my life since I met her. I wish I could have afforded to buy her. Anyway, We worked with Hakan as a foal and even took him to some sporthorse breeding shows. I remember we took him to the horse center at Lexington, VA as a foal with his dam. With zero training he went in with a handler and walk/trotted on the triangle with one of my working students! It was pretty cool. As he got older I pressed Zorana to do something with him because a stallion left to his own devices is not a good situation. I could not take him because I boarded at a barn that would not accept stallions. Their place was too far away to commute everyday to start him and they didn't even have a great place to ride or back him. I left the area to go to work in NOVA but stayed in touch with Zorana for many years. I was heart broken to learn of her death. I wanted to, and still do, purchase Hakan, Natalina, and Naranja to give them a home for the rest of their days. I loved all of them so much. I knew his dam very well also. Both he and his dam had great personalities and were a joy to work with. I wish I could have worked more with him as he got older. Zorana used to send me pictures when she would put a saddle on him or a bridle. He was really pretty willing to go along with about anything without a lot of prep. LoL. His damn broke her leg in their field and had to be euthanized. She was a beautiful black mare. She came from one of the state studs in Germany I think where she was started and then bred and shipped here to the US. Hakan's blood lines are top notch, but he was never approved here because I couldn't get him started because of the boarding/traveling issues. Zorana and Micheal did not have the money to send him off for training at that time. It was her dream to have a breeding farm and she never would consider castrating him. I am glad to give you any other info I can remember if you are intersted, just email me. I live in Ocala, FL now.
    Thanks,
    Catherine

1 members found this post helpful.