The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

View Poll Results: Who are you voting for? (answers kept private)

Voters
417. You may not vote on this poll
  • Barack Obama

259 62.11%
  • Mitt Romney

130 31.18%
  • Other

28 6.71%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Noms View Post
    Gallup and Rasmussen polls have Romney taking the electoral map with over 300 electoral votes.

GO Romney/Ryan !!!!!!

Um, Gallup suspended its tracking polls around the 29th, so I'm not sure where you would have seen that. On their site, Gallup is reporting that most Americans think the President will win and that he is doing well in battleground states. [geek note] Gallup's likely voter model has also been a subject ob controversy for at least a decade and can show shifts where they don't necessarily exist when they switch from registered to likely voters.[/geeknote] That having been said, I'm not seeing a Gallup electoral college projection map anywhere.

Rasmussen is, as it has always been, a conservative polling outfit. However, their electoral college map currently shows Obama at 237, Romney 206, with 95 tossups. Hardly over 300.

The only place I can find declaring a huge Romney victory is breitbart, which .

You are far better off going with either composites or with groups whose bread and butter is developing predictive models. Fivethirtyeight.com is excellent, as is the Princeton link someone mentioned upthread.

Oh, and before I forget, that "Bill Cosby" letter? Not written by Bill Cosby. Check these things, people.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/imtired.asp
    http://billcosby.com/2011/09/if-you-...to-hit-delete/
    Last edited by loshad; Nov. 2, 2012 at 06:46 AM.
    According to the Mayan calendar, the world will not end this week. Please plan your life accordingly.

3 members found this post helpful.

Nope, not Cosby, another politician. And it's old.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Got this in an email about not forgetting to go vote.
    Don't know if Cosby really said that, but here it is, take from it what you want.
    Just more added to the pot in this discussion:

---"Bill Cosby's "I'm 83 and I'm Tired"

"I'm 83 and I'm Tired"

[snipped for brevity]
    ---
    And it's a whiny load o' hogwash, IMO.

5 members found this post helpful.

You folks better hope Romney wins, or at least hope for a strong Republican Congress that can keep Obama in check, or it will be the end of discretionary income - which is what fuels the horse industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Blugal View Post
    Except for the very last line - what a load of baloney.
    Quote Originally Posted by saje View Post
    Nope, not Cosby, another politician. And it's old.

And it's a whiny load o' hogwash, IMO.
    I wanted to see what some would say here.

Remember, whoever that was, it is full of all those media sound bites and, believe it or not, is what everyone around here, middle of the Bible Belt will agree with.

As for the polls, I will tell you, I would not be surprised if in our area it is 90% for Romney, for what I hear.

Just as some here are obsessed over Obama, even when shown something is not quite right they still twist and turn to defend him, many in this area are just as rabidly against Obama.
    Distasteful as it is for Southern Baptists, they will vote for a Mormon before they vote for Obama.

In reality, after seeing how Obama won last time, who doubts he will win again, especially when the others have been running a Keyston Kops campaign, as they did the last time?

I do agree, if Obama gets back in, we are in for a very rough ride.
    When people that are mortally offended and consider owning over a certain size TV an ethical crime are in power, "batten the hatches, folks, you ain't seeing anything yet".

I do agree, if Obama gets back in, we are in for a very rough ride.
    When people that are mortally offended and consider owning over a certain size TV an ethical crime are in power, "batten the hatches, folks, you ain't seeing anything yet".
    If he wins again, which I don't think he will...we are going to become serious "preppers." I do believe our country will collapse soon if major changes are not made and Obama will not make them. Buy guns and ammo as Obama will sign the UN treaty for arms control which will impose UN law on the US.

The rest of this is not directed at bluey but to everyone.

As for polls...I think you have to be careful what you believe. Most of the polls showing Obama ahead are very slanted to democrats and some by as much as 8%. In other words, they intentionally sample more Democrats than Republicans. They do this because in the last election, that many more Dems than Reps turned out to vote. Early voting is not supporting that happening and many less Dems are turning out that last time. Bama's base is not motivated like it was 4 years ago but the Republican's are much more so. The latest I've seen is that they expect even turnout for both parties with the Independents like me deciding it and most of us are going for Romney.

There are a number of very smart analysts that are calling for a Romney victory and a big one. Most say it will be close but still think Romney has a very good chance. Even Ohio's governor believes he will take Ohio from Obama...and if he does with several other swing states, it's going to Romney. He pretty much has Florida and Virginia already and some say that polls coming out of PA show it going his way.

You won't hear this on Mainstream media as it's generally an Obama lovefest on most of those networks. Tune into Foxnews for balanced reporting.

1 members found this post helpful.

I found the one analyst I saw on TV the other night. Very interesting article on the polls and how they are weighted.

http://www.rove.com/articles/432

I was driving through backroads (any other kind?) in Chester County the other day and there were Obama signs everywhere. I counted 6 Romney signs in front yards but about triple the number of yards with Obama signs.

Anne FS in our area you would be hard pressed to find a single Obama sign.

I don't know if this is an indicator but I see a lot of cars with Obama 08 bumper stickers that don't have a Obama 12 bumper sticker.
    "I couldn't find my keys, so I put her in the trunk"

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Believer View Post
    Tune into Foxnews for balanced reporting.
    I'm sorry. After the "we're going to become 'preppers' if Obama wins", I really tried, but this part was really just icing on the cake.

Thank you, DDB. I needed a pick me up this morning.
    Here today, gone tomorrow...

5 members found this post helpful.

Glad I could provide some entertainment French Fry...but there are lots of people who feel the same way..many people are very afraid with nation so deeply in debt, our currency constantly being eroded, and our enemies in the Middle East no longer respecting us...as evidenced by Benghazi which was a coordinated terror attack by Al Queda. I have little hope of any of that improving under Obama and expect it to get much worse.

As for Fox over some of the others, I have watched them and while it's my opinion, at least they are reporting on Benghazi and are willing to criticize the Pres once in a while. I want to barf watching MSNBC or ABC and CBS and CNN are not much better.

BTW with Fox I was was talking about the NEWS part and not the shows like Hannity which do have a conservative bias. It makes for an interesting perspective change which some of you could use.

Quote Originally Posted by Beentheredonethat View Post
    No, I think everyone should get out of this mentality that they "deserve" so much just because they're so wonderful and work so hard. That's a child's view of the world--all about me.
    And this is what's wrong with our country. No one wants to work for anything. Nothing in life is free (except apparently government handouts) and people who are out there every day making sacrifices and busting their butts DO deserve more. If someone else wants to work less, make less money, and have less, then that's perfectly fine and it's their decision. But don't frown upon those people who have done well for themselves and choose to have more. This whole mentality of penalizing people for choosing to be successful is ridiculous. Expecting them to take care of themselves AND all of those who won't take care of themselves? Now that's what's selfish.
    "Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field." --Dwight D Eisenhower

Boston Terrier Rescue of NC - www.btrnc.org - Adopt for Life!

Right now real polls across the US are going to Romney for the most part. :-)
    Thank god.

Quote Originally Posted by SkipHiLad4me View Post
    And this is what's wrong with our country. No one wants to work for anything.
    What a ridiculous statement. In real life I know extremely few lazy people. Everybody works hard. Some have never had the opportunity or frankly, the brains and maybe discipline to rise really high, but they still work hard for what they have.

And as I've said before, there are so many who have brutal beginnings, really brutal, and are trying so hard to get beyond that and be a success. I'm glad they get help.

Geez, even Romney's own mother says that his father when he came to this country from Mexico was on welfare "for years." For years! And he succeeded. This hatred of helping people is so unChristian from the party always yakking about God.

2 members found this post helpful.

Tune into Foxnews for balanced reporting.
    ???!!!!!??? Wow. That's a new one. Any substantiation that doesn't come from Fox News itself, the Heritage Foundation, Rove, the Koch brothers...???

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by FitToBeTied View Post
    I don't know if this is an indicator but I see a lot of cars with Obama 08 bumper stickers that don't have a Obama 12 bumper sticker.
    Odd that they didn't remove the Obama stickers then.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne FS View Post
    What a ridiculous statement. In real life I know extremely few lazy people. Everybody works hard. Some have never had the opportunity or frankly, the brains and maybe discipline to rise really high, but they still work hard for what they have.

And as I've said before, there are so many who have brutal beginnings, really brutal, and are trying so hard to get beyond that and be a success. I'm glad they get help.

Geez, even Romney's own mother says that his father when he came to this country from Mexico was on welfare "for years." For years! And he succeeded. This hatred of helping people is so unChristian from the party always yakking about God.
    "Ridiculous"?

Are you not being a bit dramatic?

Where is there any more effort to help everyone than in churches and their programs and their religious charities?

You say you see how hard everyone works, but don't see how hard everyone works to help others, especially religious people?

I guess I don't live in the same bubble as you because I see plenty of lazy people every day. They're the ones that spend their blissful days of unemployment sitting around their houses with their buddies and driving nicer cars than I do. And it's not because they are not physically or mentally capable of getting jobs or making a better life for themselves. They choose not to because it's easier to wait and have other people do things for them. It's not a "hatred for helping people". I personally have absolutely no problem helping people who are trying to help themselves. None. And I'm sure there are plenty of people who feel the same way I do. Society's new-found hatred for anyone who has assets is sickening.

And I always love to see people finger pointing at churches and "Christians" for their downfalls or their lack of community involvement. Most (not all) who point the fingers are also not spending their time in the soup kitchens, helping the homeless, or donating large sums of their own money to charitable organizations that directly benefit people. But let he who is without fault cast the first stone.
    "Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field." --Dwight D Eisenhower

Boston Terrier Rescue of NC - www.btrnc.org - Adopt for Life!

"Ridiculous"?

Are you not being a bit dramatic?
    Not at all. SkipHiLad4Me wrote: "No one wants to work for anything."

"NO ONE." Their words, not mine. And I stand by my comment that is a ridiculous thing to say about Americans, that "No one wants to work for anything." The vast majority of Americans most certainly do work for what they need or want.
    Last edited by Anne FS; Nov. 2, 2012 at 11:06 AM. Reason: attribute quote to correct person

Not at all. You wrote: "No one wants to work for anything."

"NO ONE." Your words, not mine. And I stand by my comment that is a ridiculous thing to say about Americans, that "No one wants to work for anything." The vast majority of Americans most certainly do work for what they need or want.
    I did? Where?
    How strange, because I don't think that at all.
    Maybe you have me confused with some other poster?

YOU did write what you did, see the quoted post I was responding to.

Quote Originally Posted by SkipHiLad4me View Post
    Society's new-found hatred for anyone who has assets is sickening.
    I'm not letting you get by with this statement. Get this straight once and for all: there is no "hatred for anyone who has assets." There is no class war. Republicans keep trying to paint that picture and it simply will not work.

I'm not selfish. I'm happy when people do well. The difference is those of us who have done well are in a position to help those who aren't as fortunate as we have been. Republicans hate everybody. You don't have money? You must be lazy. I'm sure there are lazy people out there, but your viewpoint lumps everybody who isn't successful by your definition of success into the category of "of course they're lazy." That simply is not true.

I see the difference.

4 members found this post helpful.