The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

View Poll Results: Who are you voting for? (answers kept private)

Voters
417. You may not vote on this poll
  • Barack Obama

259 62.11%
  • Mitt Romney

130 31.18%
  • Other

28 6.71%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Wait for 4 more Obama years and lets count then.
    Oh, you mean like the smaller TV's and taking everyone's guns away? Because those are his secret plans?
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesy View Post
    I'm not American and I don't vote but apparently I side with Jill Stein according to this website: http://www.isidewith.com/ (link was on twitter) (:

I don't understand how politics get people in such an uproar, personally.

also want to share: http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...56139602_n.jpg

Courtesy Beware of Images.
    I followed that link and it came out I align with Obama practically 100%.

That tells me the questions are not really relevant to what we are voting for, just to what most people would consider right, which are two different kettles of fish.

Some times, you have reasons to hold your nose and vote one or another way you normally would not vote, as there is more to voting than the obvious sound bites, fueled by the character assassination and propaganda on both sides, that survey seems based on.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by LauraKY View Post
    Oh, you mean like the smaller TV's and taking everyone's guns away? Because those are his secret plans?
    No, taking 100" TVs and Hummers away was a joke when someone insisted democrats were better than republicans at not spending their money on what they wanted and was decrying people that buy those.

No, seriously, it was a good post, just a bit over the top when demonizing what others may spend their hard earned money on.
    A bit of a first world person's view of what is important or not and why and try to make that an example in a political debate.

1 members found this post helpful.

I followed that link and it came out I align with Obama practically 100%.

That tells me the questions are not really relevant to what we are voting for, just to what most people would consider right, which are two different kettles of fish.
    Or maybe, just maybe, what you THINK Obama stands for is skewed by whatever rhetoric it is that you're listening to.

Me for example, according to that website, I should be voting for Jill Stein. I would say that's accurate, since politically I'm to the left of Ghandi. But, since she doesn't have a chance, and since there are some policies of hers that I do disagree with, I'm voting for Obama.

They were pretty straightforward questions. I don't see how character assassination or propaganda would have an effect on the answers. Maybe you can choose a couple of questions and explain how.

Quote Originally Posted by minnie View Post
    I reiterate. If that's what you're most worried about, I feel sorry for you.

Our country's got a lot more serious problems than that.

And the UN does have a bill in the works that would be a precurser to rescinding our arms. The un also has a bill proposed to tax the internet. And there are several other bills being proposed in the un that would infringe on America's self government. All in the push forward to Global governance.

And the internet is FULL of promises to riot from all over the country. So, yeah, people are a little nervous and want to protect themselves.

Lots of threats to assinate Romney if he's elected.

Yeah, those liberals sure are tolerant.

But you just keep your eyes on those threats to abortion rights.
    Ok- so if you think equality and abortion rights, etc are so silly to worry about, then why are Republicans wasting SO much time, energy and legislative efforts on abortion, gay marriage, etc.? Don't THEY have bigger issues to tackle??

Quote Originally Posted by LauraKY View Post
    Or maybe, just maybe, what you THINK Obama stands for is skewed by whatever rhetoric it is that you're listening to.

Me for example, according to that website, I should be voting for Jill Stein. I would say that's accurate, since politically I'm to the left of Ghandi. But, since she doesn't have a chance, and since there are some policies of hers that I do disagree with, I'm voting for Obama.

They were pretty straightforward questions. I don't see how character assassination or propaganda would have an effect on the answers. Maybe you can choose a couple of questions and explain how.
    You seem to be contradicting yourself.

On one hand, you accuse me of:

---" ... what you THINK Obama stands for is skewed by whatever rhetoric it is that you're listening to ..."---

On the other, you state this:

---" ... I don't see how character assassination or propaganda would have an effect on the answers. ... "---

Which is it?

No, taking 100" TVs and Hummers away was a joke when someone insisted democrats were better than republicans at not spending their money on what they wanted and was decrying people that buy those.

No, seriously, it was a good post, just a bit over the top when demonizing what others may spend their hard earned money on.
    A bit of a first world person's view of what is important or not and why and try to make that an example in a political debate.
    Just to make this clear, Bluey is responding to me offering my condolences to someone who has a business to do with horses that is not doing so well, but I said we live in a new normal now, not a world where everyone always makes more and more and buys a bigger and better new car every year. The Reagan years of overspending and everyone thinking they will be rich and overindulge are unrealistic. We need to all realize we live in the world together and we all can't have all, and that's a good thing.

I said everyone does not need a 100" tv and a Hummer and it is offensive to think they deserve them, and everyone is not going to be able to have the be all and end all in horses. We have to make choices and live a more moderate life for the sake of each other and ourselves, like adults.

Then Bluey complained about taking away TV's and Hummers. It had nothing to do with D's being better people than R's

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Believer View Post
    I think you are in for a surprise next week. ;-)
    Well, you were right about one thing, I guess. I was, indeed, surprised at the degree to which Obama appears to have dominated the popular vote in addition to the electoral vote.

You seem to be contradicting yourself.

On one hand, you accuse me of:

---" ... what you THINK Obama stands for is skewed by whatever rhetoric it is that you're listening to ..."---

On the other, you state this:

---" ... I don't see how character assassination or propaganda would have an effect on the answers. ... "---

Which is it?
    It's not a contradiction Bluey. Your answers told you that you agree with most of Obama's policies. You think you don't. Therefore, the propaganda must be telling you something OTHER than what Obama's policies are. Simple really. Unless you don't really agree with the answers you gave. Now I'm confused.

Tell you what. Give me a list of what Obama's policies are that you don't agree with. 1, 2, 3....

Hang on to your TV...they're coming for them.

Quote Originally Posted by FineAlready View Post
    Well, you were right about one thing, I guess. I was, indeed, surprised at the degree to which Obama appears to have dominated the popular vote in addition to the electoral vote.
    Dominated the popular vote? Obama received 10,500,000 fewer votes than he did in 2008. He is the only president to run since 1900 for re-election, receive fewer votes than his previous election and still win. In fact, W as bad a president as he was, received 11,500,000 more votes in his re-election.

In fact, W received more popular votes in 2004 than Obama did in 2012. 3,000,000 million more in fact.

Obama dominated nothing. The electoral college skews the vote. If you want to look at the electoral college, in 2008 Obama got 363 electoral votes, this election 303.

What saved Obama was that his highly effective negative campaign that demonized Romney to the electorate.

What we are going to get his four more years that look like the past four because Obama is a lame duck president with zero political capital.
    "I couldn't find my keys, so I put her in the trunk"

Quote Originally Posted by FitToBeTied View Post
    Dominated the popular vote? Obama received 10,500,000 fewer votes than he did in 2008. He is the only president to run since 1900 for re-election, receive fewer votes than his previous election and still win. In fact, W as bad a president as he was, received 11,500,000 more votes in his re-election.

In fact, W received more popular votes in 2004 than Obama did in 2012. 3,000,000 million more in fact.

Obama dominated nothing. The electoral college skews the vote. If you want to look at the electoral college, in 2008 Obama got 363 electoral votes, this election 303.

What saved Obama was that his highly effective negative campaign that demonized Romney to the electorate.

What we are going to get his four more years that look like the past four because Obama is a lame duck president with zero political capital.
    Erm. Actually, this may come as a surprise to you, but they are still counting votes. As of a few moments ago, Obama had 60,261,251 popular votes and Romney had 57,505,566 popular votes. So, yes, right now Obama is "dominating" the popular vote as against Romney.

Additionally, FL's 29 electoral votes have not yet been assigned, but appear likely to go to Obama as of right now. Once the electoral votes are assigned, the electoral votes will either be: Obama: 332; Romney: 206, OR Obama: 303; Romney 235.

I will note that the two possible electoral vote scenarios identified above are precisely the two most likely electoral vote allocations predicted by the Princeton Election Consortium.

3 members found this post helpful.