The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 

View Poll Results: Who are you voting for? (answers kept private)

Voters
417. You may not vote on this poll
  • Barack Obama

    259 62.11%
  • Mitt Romney

    130 31.18%
  • Other

    28 6.71%
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 191
  1. #101
    Join Date
    Aug. 22, 2001
    Location
    Almost Aiken
    Posts
    2,716

    Default

    Hey, I like the Original Poster note under Freebird's name!

    The list however, is so full of wrong that I don't even know where to begin...



  2. #102
    Join Date
    Jun. 19, 2001
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    2,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by happymom View Post
    but notice the backlash when Christi DARED to work cooperatively with Obama.

    Pretty sad.....
    THIS EXACTLY. They yammer on about bipartisanship, but apparently the only kind they believe in is when a Democrat makes concessions to them.

    If I'm wrong, someone prove me otherwise. With an actual example from a non-biased source.


    3 members found this post helpful.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Oct. 12, 2005
    Location
    Va
    Posts
    3,387

    Default

    "republicans hate everybody" REALLY?

    Republicans give more than twice what Democrats give in charitable contributions.


    In 2008 Arthur C. Brooks wrote a book that included information on this very question and found that even though on average Democrat households have higher incomes, the Republican or Conservative households donate more of their income. Republicans also donate more blood as well.


    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...beral_giv.html



  4. #104
    Join Date
    Jan. 4, 2007
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    41,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Natalie View Post
    THIS EXACTLY. They yammer on about bipartisanship, but apparently the only kind they believe in is when a Democrat makes concessions to them.

    If I'm wrong, someone prove me otherwise. With an actual example from a non-biased source.
    What is sad is when someone wants to try to give everyone their due and get along, then someone pipes up with "Not my side!" or Only MY side!", not even understanding that no one is pointing fingers until they spoke.



  5. #105
    Join Date
    Jun. 16, 2006
    Location
    SE Coastal NC
    Posts
    1,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anne FS View Post
    Impossible to misinterpret your own words: "No one wants to work for anything."

    You never said they even exist. YOUR words are: "this is what's wrong with our country. No one wants to work for anything." That's not true. If you didn't mean "no one," then don't write "no one," but don't blame me for calling you out on an anti-American sentiment that you forcibly expressed and then blame me that even though that's what you wrote, it's not what you meant.

    Anti-American sentiment? Wow. Really? "No one wants to work for anything" is a generalized statement, implying that many people look for the easy way out and shy away from exerting excessive effort whenever necessary. I don't literally mean that "NO ONE" (not one single person) in this entire country is willing to work.... but I digress because I can see that my overall point has been missed entirely and I'm wasting my energy.
    "Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field." --Dwight D Eisenhower

    Boston Terrier Rescue of NC - www.btrnc.org - Adopt for Life!



  6. #106
    Join Date
    Aug. 20, 2006
    Location
    wyoming
    Posts
    528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie View Post
    "republicans hate everybody" REALLY?

    Republicans give more than twice what Democrats give in charitable contributions.


    In 2008 Arthur C. Brooks wrote a book that included information on this very question and found that even though on average Democrat households have higher incomes, the Republican or Conservative households donate more of their income. Republicans also donate more blood as well.


    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...beral_giv.html
    Meh. Statistics. Liberals (blue states) give through higher taxes, which fund social programs to help the poor. Their way may not be your way, but it is one way.

    Liz


    2 members found this post helpful.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Jan. 4, 2007
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    41,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prairiewind2 View Post
    Meh. Statistics. Liberals (blue states) give through higher taxes, which fund social programs to help the poor. Their way may not be your way, but it is one way.

    Liz
    That is fuzzy logic.

    If it is true that liberals pay higher taxes, that is because they earn more and so, well, that is the way you figure taxes.
    If you earn more, you have to pay more.
    I would guess that if they didn't have to pay more they would not, of course.

    I doubt that liberals say "I will just pay more taxes on my own, the government needs it to fund social programs to help the poor".


    1 members found this post helpful.

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Sep. 7, 2009
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    18,868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    That is fuzzy logic.

    If it is true that liberals pay higher taxes, that is because they earn more and so, well, that is the way you figure taxes.
    If you earn more, you have to pay more.
    I would guess that if they didn't have to pay more they would not, of course.

    I doubt that liberals say "I will just pay more taxes on my own, the government needs it to fund social programs to help the poor".
    Bluey, it's fact that most of the blue states pay more in taxes to the federal government than they get in return and most red states receive more from the federal government than they pay in taxes.

    Anyway, if you're saying liberals earn more than conservatives...why would that be?

    And, just to toss it into the mix, conservative red states view more online porn than blue states.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant


    3 members found this post helpful.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Jun. 12, 2009
    Location
    Up north
    Posts
    1,311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alittlegray View Post
    Bluey, you are going to have to give up with AnneFS. She makes a statement like "republicans hate everybody" and then can't see where she is behaving exactly as those she claims to despise. Blind, completely blind.

    I have a lifetime worth of experience with people who "choose" not to work and will flat out tell you they would rather take what they can get from the government and be "free to live their own lives" than have to report to a job every day. I grew up in that environment, and they aren't shy about it. But if you ask a democrat, these people either don't really exist or there are just one or two scattered throughout. Please. My sister is one of them, and while visiting with her and her pals EVERY single one of the group shared why they would rather be "free" than have to work. Every. One. of a group of more than 20. Hey, if they want to be "free" that is fine with me. But the government shouldn't be paying for it.
    So which groups are you really talking about? The elderly who are retired and receiving their SS check? Stay at home housewives who have chosen not to work?
    The disabled who depend on their disability checks? Those under 18 who didn't have a say in being born? Those with drug and alcohol addictions and other severe forms of mental illness? Veterans who are paraplegic? Those who were laid off from manufacturing industries that took their jobs to China and elsewhere? Those with severe learning disabilities that quit school because our schools are geared toward those that can regurgitate info and take a test but maybe can't think? So who are you specifically talking about?


    2 members found this post helpful.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Jan. 4, 2007
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    41,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LauraKY View Post
    Bluey, it's fact that most of the blue states pay more in taxes to the federal government than they get in return and most red states receive more from the federal government than they pay in taxes.

    Anyway, if you're saying liberals earn more than conservatives...why would that be?

    And, just to toss it into the mix, conservative red states view more online porn than blue states.
    I don't know who has more money or is paying more or less than whom.
    I don't have any idea, I was commenting on the logic of what you were saying.



  11. #111
    Join Date
    Sep. 7, 2009
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    18,868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    I don't know who has more money or is paying more or less than whom.
    I don't have any idea, I was commenting on the logic of what you were saying.
    ???????
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant


    2 members found this post helpful.

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Jul. 20, 2007
    Posts
    286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Believer View Post
    If he wins again, which I don't think he will...we are going to become serious "preppers." I do believe our country will collapse soon if major changes are not made and Obama will not make them. Buy guns and ammo as Obama will sign the UN treaty for arms control which will impose UN law on the US.

    The rest of this is not directed at bluey but to everyone.

    As for polls...I think you have to be careful what you believe. Most of the polls showing Obama ahead are very slanted to democrats and some by as much as 8%. In other words, they intentionally sample more Democrats than Republicans. They do this because in the last election, that many more Dems than Reps turned out to vote. Early voting is not supporting that happening and many less Dems are turning out that last time. Bama's base is not motivated like it was 4 years ago but the Republican's are much more so. The latest I've seen is that they expect even turnout for both parties with the Independents like me deciding it and most of us are going for Romney.

    There are a number of very smart analysts that are calling for a Romney victory and a big one. Most say it will be close but still think Romney has a very good chance. Even Ohio's governor believes he will take Ohio from Obama...and if he does with several other swing states, it's going to Romney. He pretty much has Florida and Virginia already and some say that polls coming out of PA show it going his way.

    You won't hear this on Mainstream media as it's generally an Obama lovefest on most of those networks. Tune into Foxnews for balanced reporting.
    UN laws on the US? Buy guns? paranoid much?

    Sorry, not gonna happen.

    Fox news balanced reporting?


    3 members found this post helpful.

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Aug. 20, 2006
    Location
    wyoming
    Posts
    528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    That is fuzzy logic.

    If it is true that liberals pay higher taxes, that is because they earn more and so, well, that is the way you figure taxes.
    If you earn more, you have to pay more.
    I would guess that if they didn't have to pay more they would not, of course.

    I doubt that liberals say "I will just pay more taxes on my own, the government needs it to fund social programs to help the poor".
    Blue states generally have higher taxes and more generous benefits than red states. So while the blue staters may have higher incomes than red staters, they also generally pay higher percentages on those incomes. That is obviously their choice.

    Blue staters could opt for lower taxes and fewer benefits if they wanted to. We all could have lower taxes and fewer benefits if we wanted to. The government is not some giant troll that lives in D.C. or in state capitols and operates on its own. It is a group of people that we hire and fire at will. We generally just don't have the will to do much about them. It's sooooooo much easier to vote your party - no thinking or real facts required.

    And imo, neither of the two big parties is really on the side of the average American. Both are controlled by money interests, so unless you are part of the top 1% or 2%, you don't have representation anymore.

    Liz, who has no party and considers herself a Republidemotarian.



  14. #114
    Join Date
    Oct. 12, 2005
    Location
    Va
    Posts
    3,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prairiewind2 View Post
    Meh. Statistics. Liberals (blue states) give through higher taxes, which fund social programs to help the poor. Their way may not be your way, but it is one way.

    Liz
    Try googling charitable donations democrats vs. republicans.

    Conservatives give 30% more in charitable contributions than liberals, while earning 9% less income. They also donate more blood and volunteer more time. Conservatives are far more generous with their PERSONAL contributions, while liberals want to LEGISLATE (spend other people's money) on their social causes. I spent hours reading up on this and have yet to find anything that offers evidence to the contrary.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Oct. 12, 2005
    Location
    Va
    Posts
    3,387

    Default

    also, the working poor give a higher percentage of their income to charity than do the middle class or the upper class.



  16. #116
    Join Date
    Aug. 20, 2006
    Location
    wyoming
    Posts
    528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie View Post
    Try googling charitable donations democrats vs. republicans.

    Conservatives give 30% more in charitable contributions than liberals, while earning 9% less income. They also donate more blood and volunteer more time. Conservatives are far more generous with their PERSONAL contributions, while liberals want to LEGISLATE (spend other people's money) on their social causes. I spent hours reading up on this and have yet to find anything that offers evidence to the contrary.
    I have no argument with what you are saying - personal versus legislated charity. All I said was that the blue staters did it one way, the red staters another. The blue staters are apparently satisfied with how they do it, and the red staters apparently ditto. Different strokes, etc.

    Not sure how those actually in need would see it...

    Liz



  17. #117
    Join Date
    Nov. 13, 2009
    Posts
    4,601

    Default

    Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!! Oh my goodness! Did someone really write "tune into Foxnews for balanced reporting"?!?! I just...WOW!


    4 members found this post helpful.

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Nov. 29, 2003
    Posts
    552

    Default

    I just spent the last four hours canvassing door to door to get out the vote in my area. Please everyone, go vote. It is our civic duty as Americans as well as an honor to live in a country where we can vote for the candidate of our choice. In many states, today is the last day to do early voting, so if you are unable to go on election day, try to get in today. Your vote does matter.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Jan. 4, 2007
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    41,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prairiewind2 View Post
    I have no argument with what you are saying - personal versus legislated charity. All I said was that the blue staters did it one way, the red staters another. The blue staters are apparently satisfied with how they do it, and the red staters apparently ditto. Different strokes, etc.

    Not sure how those actually in need would see it...

    Liz
    You really can't see the very important ideological differences there, if to mandate by law all give, more and more, for the government to use and yes, misuse that money, or above that, also give voluntarily thru charities and other venues out there where each individual sees a need they want and can help?


    1 members found this post helpful.

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Oct. 4, 2003
    Location
    Hurdle Mills, NC
    Posts
    4,124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie View Post
    Try googling charitable donations democrats vs. republicans.

    Conservatives give 30% more in charitable contributions than liberals, while earning 9% less income. They also donate more blood and volunteer more time. Conservatives are far more generous with their PERSONAL contributions, while liberals want to LEGISLATE (spend other people's money) on their social causes. I spent hours reading up on this and have yet to find anything that offers evidence to the contrary.
    And whence does your evidence come? I know I've given plenty of blood, money, time without documenting it or even inquiring whether or not it would be considered "charitable," let alone sharing my political leanings with anyone. Most people I know do the same. Are there people out their taking polls on these things that we don't know about or something?

    Hence, I have a hard time imagining where your sources got their numbers-- maybe from tax returns, on which conservatives might be more likely than liberals to pursue and claim every possible deduction?


    1 members found this post helpful.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: Jun. 28, 2012, 09:41 AM
  2. Please vote for us!
    By akhunterrider in forum Hunter/Jumper
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Oct. 18, 2011, 05:31 PM
  3. Vote for WEG!
    By caryledee in forum Off Course
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Aug. 10, 2011, 08:46 AM
  4. Vote for me!!
    By farmgirl88 in forum Off Course
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Feb. 18, 2010, 06:57 PM
  5. VOTE!
    By Louise in forum Favorites
    Replies: 170
    Last Post: Nov. 12, 2000, 03:06 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •