The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

I'm sorry.

Oh, I'm so sorry. But sounds as if he had a grand morning. A great memory forever.
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes

I had to go through similar with my Greyhound Zara - it hurts, but you gave him the best quality of life you could....
    Proud member of People Who Hate to Kill Wildlife clique

StG, Am so very sorry for your loss of Jake. It hurts so much when they leave us. May you find comfort in all the good times you have had together.

So very sorry. What a blessing that he had some good moments this morning. Godspeed Jake,and hugs to you.

So very sorry for your loss of Jake. My most recent heart kitty died in the same circumstances. Its such a surreal moment, knowing that you may not be quick enough to help end their struggle Ernie died in my arms on the stairs to the E Clinic on a busy Labor Day Sunday night). But you were right there with him to send him on over the Bridge, and this it be good.

HUGS

Im so sorry for your loss You were there for him. Remember that.

Thank you, everyone, for your sympathy. It helps, which is odd. You're more than pixels on a screen.

I don't remember where I read it first, it might've been here, but there's a quote that resonates with me:
    "It came to me that every time I lose an animal they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new animal who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be animal and I will become as generous and loving as they are."
    I'd like to be the person my dogs think I am.

StG

3 members found this post helpful.

I'm so sorry St.Germain. After losing our little dog in December, I know the pain all too well. We knew for six months that he was slipping away, but it wouldn't have mattered how much time we had to prepare - it still hurt terribly. (((((HUGS))))) to you in your time of sorrow.

I hope your new boy turns out to be a wonderful fellow for you - just give your heart time to heal and make a whole new place for him to fill.
    Susan N.

Don't get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

I'm so sorry about Jake

There are quite a few good Dobes who greeted him on the Rainbow Bridge and they are all having a grand time now...don't doubt that

StG, I feel the same way. The people who truly care on this forum are MUCH more than pixels on the screen. RIP, Jake - I know that my Mom's good Dobergirl Ruby met him at the bridge. Hugs.
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by bludejavu View Post
    I hope your new boy turns out to be a wonderful fellow for you - just give your heart time to heal and make a whole new place for him to fill.
    I meant to reply to this and forgot. Drago is already such a love. He's such a good dog (except for being a chewer, which I'll have to control) and so good with the the other animals.

Speaking of the other animals, I think they knew Jake was leaving. That evening, as he was beginning to go downhill, they clustered around him and licked him. Andy tried to get him to play, sort of "come on, big guy!". They didn't harass him, just trying to be with him.

StG

1 members found this post helpful.

I'm sorry to read of your Jake's passing. Dobermans have a VERY special place in my heart.

May my six, Darnit Garnet, Moose, Kira Little Girl, Peter, Tuppence, and my first Doberman and dearly beloved boy, Dante', welcome Jake to Doberman Heaven.
    "Oh, sure, you may be able to take down one smurf, but mark my words: You bonk one smurf, you better be ready for a blue wave."---Bucky Katt