The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Logout

I don't like to leave myself logged in. There appears to be no way to logout. Not that I'll be visiting much in the future. I do not like the "improvements".
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

I have a blue menu bar floating above and to the right of the page, overlapping some ads. The last thing on the menu bar is "Log out". I assume it is supposed to be somewhere else, but the code is messed up.

I don't have that at all. What browser are you using? Messed up is the word for it.

I see, it's not optimized for Chrome. Major fail, COTH.

I see the bottom part of the words "log out" in faint white overlapping the top of the "post reply" button on the upper left (right under the word "settings").

Looks like it should have been somewhere else.

On iPad (safari), it is next to impossible to see, kind of merged with the Post Reply button at top left. Super annoying.

Sorry, should have said that. I'm on iPad using Safari too.

You guys might want to give them a day or three to work through the bugs, y'know. A major software upgrade isn't just like plugging in a lamp and turning it on. Cut them a wee bit of slack, eh?

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by saje View Post
    You guys might want to give them a day or three to work through the bugs, y'know. A major software upgrade isn't just like plugging in a lamp and turning it on. Cut them a wee bit of slack, eh?

I am glad there are posts like these, as I was searching for the logout button myself and only found it after reading responses here. And that is what the help forum is for, doncha think?

Folks with this issue are accessing the site using iPad Safari and Chrome -- any other browsers experiencing this issue?

The Log Out button is where it has always been -- on the far right side of the blue tool bar near the top of the page, so this is just a glitch. Thanks for letting us know.

Mod 1

I am using Firefox and I can see it fine.

I am not having trouble on my laptop with either IE or Chrome! And am learning to
    appreciate some of the new features! (the thumbs down is kinda iffy, but. . . )
    "I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you..."

On my PC with Firefox, the logout button comes up as it is supposed to. So the problem, for me, is limited to the iPad/Safari interface.

It;'s not "just a glitch." Here it is mid-December and I can't find the LOGOUT either.
    Founder of the People Who Prefer COTH Over FB Clique
    People Who Hate to Rush to Kill Wildlife Clique!
    "I Sing Silly Songs to My Animals!" Clique

I see the log out option in IE, Chrome and Firefox. It is in the blue bar at the top of the screen.

Settings/FAQ/Member List/Calendar/Today's Posts/Search/Quick Links/Log Out

Wellspotted, what browser are you using?