The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Ohio: Charter Member - COTH Hockey Clique & COTH Buffy Clique

I was thinking more along the lines of rib eye steak and veggies. I still have a ton of "Stewie" left in my freezer.
    "Of course it's hard. It's supposed to be hard. It's the Hard that makes it great."

"Get up... Get out... Get Drunk. Repeat as needed." -- Spike

1 members found this post helpful.

knock knock knock! Are you going to leave us hanging?? If I read all well you had asked this guy over for wine..... So what happened? Too busy for COTH now ? That's all I wish for you!!

Actually I came back here to suggest you sign up on meetup.com if it hadn't been suggested before... Great way to actually meet people while doing the things you like... just saying.

2 members found this post helpful.

Update please!

I'm thankful online dating resulted in meeting lots of new friends in town, but never a decent date. I met the best people through the "horse" dating site, even found a great deal on a saddle!

After a few years of trying to find a decent guy, I simply gave up. Life was better for me when I was alone and persuing my own interests.
    I ended up meeting MrTiki persuing HIS interests which overlapped mine.

Not unlike the "knitting" story posted earlier.

OP where you at? are you 'busy' and can't update ????

Nope, today was kind of a blur... between the 5 mile Turkey Trot first thing this morning, food at a friend's this afternoon, and not feeling all that great this evening.

Update: neighbor finally got ahold of me that Sunday afternoon. Had been busy working on BIL's truck but said he still wanted to do wine later. I had early dinner plans but headed over after. Got the nickle tour of his house (including his bedroom and master bath -- he's got several remodeling projects going on). ended up sitting by a small fire in his back yard for a couple hours talking about a lot of different things. Evening ended ok I guess... he said "thanks for the wine (and company)" a couple times, but that was about it.

I texted him the next day, asking about one of his dogs (who was sore/grumbly when I was there). He texted back that she was ok, then added anotehr "thanks for hte wine and company". I responded... made some reference to next time him picking out the wine and me providing either the patio fire or steak.

Hadn't heard much from him since. He was out of town last weekend. I did get a text just after 8am this morning... a Happy Thanksgiving. We chatted a little (after I got the text since I was running)... joked about pigging out today. But that's about it. I did resist the urge to text when I saw him pull into his driveway (directly across from my living room window).

So that's where we stand. Not much of an update, eh?

(and to my stalker who marked all my posts on this thread as "thumbs down"... here's another one just for you! LOL)
    "Of course it's hard. It's supposed to be hard. It's the Hard that makes it great."

9 members found this post helpful.

Good for you for making the effort to see where it could go.

It sounds like the ball is in his court. I don't suppose he runs or bikes and wants to be your biking/running buddy? That way he wouldn't feel pursued but you'd have a chance to get to know him better.

That I don't really know. He takes his dogs for walks quite a bit, but otherwise, I don't know. I did fudge a little earlier and texted him to kind of keep an eye on me while I went out and got on the project horse for the first time (the fudging came by way of saying my roommate was still asleep when he was upstairs watching tv or playing video games or something). I only really wanted to be able to text him to say "getting on" and then "getting off" and he could come pick up my broken bones if he didn't get the latter, but he stopped over and watched me work her. We talked (again) for quite a while... probably an hour.

There's a big part of me that wants to just talk to him... say something like "I've never been good at figuring out dating and men and due to the divorce, anything that i did trust is gone... life's too short to just wonder so I'm just going to ask. I like you. you're a great neighbor and I've come to consider you a good friend. I don't mean for this to be awkward and don't want it to be at all, but I like you. We have a lot in common and I've had a lot of fun just hanging out and getting to know you. Would you like to go out with me sometime?" .... but that's probably too much, right?

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Definitely don't open with that. Just keep gently prodding and nudging for a while and seeing where things go until you either see something building up or nothing going on.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!

3 members found this post helpful.

Lol. Ya. That is probably too much.

2 members found this post helpful.

yup I agree. Ball is in his court. Gotta play cool.

well I basically said it to the guy I liked more or less.. well, it worked and I am happily married now for 3 years. I guess I'm rather blunt at times. LOL.

Agree - probably too much to spill right now. But I don't think the ship has sailed necessarily.

TIMING is so important. Especially timing for when he feels ready to jump in. He may have a few things logistically that he's trying to balance right now. Keep up the way you're going. And although I shouldn't cite this, as I'm terrible at it, too, agree what they've said above. Give him a little mystery. Sometimes not being around.

But I think it's great that you took the wine initiative. Just see where it goes!
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes

Why don't you try just not worrying about dating or what this guy thinks and enjoy your life, enjoy his company when you're with him, don't stress about him when you're not with him, if you want to hang out with him invite him over, if you want time to yourself don't?

The way you are talking now it seems that even if you do end up dating him you'll be worried about whether he likes you as much as you like him, what did he *mean* by what he said last night, where was he when his truck wasn't parked outside his house last night and so on.

I've been like this over guys before and was MISERABLE both before dating them and during the relationship. Hate to see someone else go through the same thing.

3 members found this post helpful.

I think what you are thinking of saying is too much, but I do think he is interested. Perhaps he is just as shy/awkward as you. If you don't mind making a move, that's not a bad thing. Perhaps you just need a more concrete plan...rather than saying "next time", say "I was going to fire up the grill on Tuesday, if you bring the wine, I've got the steaks covered" and see what happens. At the least, he sounds like good company, and maybe he just needs an opening. He could feel like it might be bad to make a move being neighbors and all.

hb... I think this thread kind of throws things into the light you're referring to. After all, I'm coming here to talk about this situation, so that's all you're hearing of my life. I do think about it and wonder... mostly because I'm interested in getting to know him better. That and I don't trust my instincts when it comes to men. But I do have a life outside of wondering about my cute neighbor. :-) There are certainly "holes" in my life I'd like to fill, but I'm working on that.

is neighbor going to be home for the Ohio State and the team from up north game? You have a bit over an hour .... invite him over if so.. chips, dip, snuggle, half time snuggle more( if Ohio state is winning of course of not have serious talk on what is wrong with the boys).. After game which of course they will win for victory cebelatrion bring out the steaks. if they lose then more beer to drown sorrows..
    Friend of bar .ka

bumknees... LOL You have to remember, while not really a football fan myself, the paternal side of my family is from "that place up north" and I find it quite fun to poke at my OH fan friends. I honestly don't know if he likes football, much less is an OH fan. But if he is, perhaps a little more "neutral" time together is needed before spending time like today.... so the pokes come across as the fun intended and not irritating (as I don't think today around an OH fan, should they lose, that I could help myself).

Ahhh well maybe next year, even if parental units are from that place up north.. And going to have to work on you.. lol what else do we have but college football here, the pro teams are worthless, the baseball teams haven't worth talking about since the "big red machine" . Neutral.... hhhmmm have a hard time recalling neutral.. right now DH is snoring and sitting next to him waiting for game to start.. with 4 dogs that's about as neutral as I get these days...
    Friend of bar .ka