The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Frame borders are not aligned. Design very 15 years ago. Agree about red font.

Similar thread box seems random and not useful (some threads are three years old!)

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Louise View Post
    My Post Reply button at the bottom of the threads doesn't work, though the one at the top does. I hope I'm not the only one with that problem, so that, maybe, they can fix that.
    It works you just have to find the very small sweet spot in it. It is tiny. A thin line at the very top edge of the bottom post reply button. (I used it to make this post.)

I hate change and this new format is not bothering me. I can even read it. I am not tickled pink about all the red on the main page but I like that it is a very obvious way to show what I have read and what I have not read.

ETA - My back button works fine. I do not have pop-ups though because I use ad blocker so that might be why.

I like the thumbs-up/thumbs-down feature. I've also chosen to not let the pop-up ads bother me.

You can please all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time. But you can never please all the people, all the time. Especially horse people!

New format isn't too bad (although I didn't see any problems with the old format) but the F150 pop-up is WAY worse--comes up every darn page now. Is this REALLY effective advertising???

Eh. We'll get used to it.

How do you navigate to another forum from inside of one? Used to be the drop down thing at the bottom, I don't see the equivalent. And the breadcrumb thing at the top just goes back to the whole forum. Can't figure out how to go directly from one forum to another.

Granted, I haven't spent much time trying, yet.

Oh, and *need* a border between text and sig lines!
    "One person's cowboy is another person's blooming idiot" -- katarine

Spay and neuter. Please.

1 members found this post helpful.

I'm sure it will be tweeked some more so not going to complain about how it looks. I'm very pleased that we now have a "Like" button! Erm....excuse me an "Appreciate" button. We also have a few more emoticons!
    "My biggest fear is that when I die my husband is going to try to sell all my horses and tack for what I told him they cost."

Quote Originally Posted by zipperfoot View Post
    New format isn't too bad (although I didn't see any problems with the old format) but the F150 pop-up is WAY worse--comes up every darn page now. Is this REALLY effective advertising???
    Actually, I'm kind of amazed they are tryign to sell an F150 to a bunch of people who most likely have 350's What is it, an "around town" truck?
    Nudging "Almost Heaven" a little closer still...
    http://www.wvhorsetrainer.com

4 members found this post helpful.

Super awesome when people complain about a FREE service that they are in no way obligated to use.

Thanks, COTH, for staying up and keeping on in spite of what a thankless job it appears to be.

7 members found this post helpful.

Chill folks. They're not done yet.

Also, installing Ad Block or another form of advertisement blocker will do you good on this site and others. Just do it and quit whining about the F-150/Dodge/John Deere/whatever.

It's not easy supporting a forum and a lot of work goes into it. I look forward to seeing more progress.

Also, there is an "auto save" feature when replying to posts now. Kind of cool.

Just what was wrong with the old format?
    Between the popups and ads covering up posts and pms that I want to read and can't I want to jump ship and defect to The Other Board until they get this sorted out.
    The Denver Broncos went to visit an orphanage. "It's so sad looking into their faces so devoid of hope." Sara aged 6

Quote Originally Posted by JumpQH View Post
    I am eagerly looking forward to the "tweaks"! I downloaded a pop-up ad blocker, but the F-150 keeps showing up at every new page.

get the AdBlock.

I dont have an issue now with the trucks, except I now miss the ads on the side bar.

Quote Originally Posted by 5 View Post
    Between the popups and ads covering up posts and pms that I want to read and can't I want to jump ship and defect to The Other Board until they get this sorted out.
    They more than likely needed to update the version of the forum they were running as it was outdated and there was little to no security support for it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by 5 View Post
    The pop up ads were here before the new format. They are not related to the new format.

As much as change sucks, sometimes it is not a choice.

Loving the "like" button!!
    I don't love the new format either, but again I yelled at Facebook each time they changed format and always got used to it.... so I guess this one will grow on me as well. What's with the red text though? That's pretty weird, kind of like the text needs to be corrected or something...

Fluffy, the red text is posts you have not read yet.

Trying out some new smilies!

"Aye God, Woodrow..."

post tags interesting feature....
    Nudging "Almost Heaven" a little closer still...
    http://www.wvhorsetrainer.com

Hate it.

And "appreciate" posts? Please. It's like everything horse-related people feel obligated to fancy it up or raise the price. Can't say "like," it has to be "appreciate." And you don't even need that. The green & red thumb buttons are self-explanatory.

Back to Normal.. or as close as I'll ever get

Quote Originally Posted by monstrpony View Post
    Eh. We'll get used to it.

How do you navigate to another forum from inside of one?
    The Quick Reply option that shows which Forum you are currently in has a dropdown that lists the GoTo choices.
    If this OldBroad can find it, so can you whippersnappers
    *friend of bar.ka*RIP all my lovely boys, gone too soon:
    Steppin' Out 1988-2004
    Hey Vern! 1982-2009
    Cash's Bay Threat 1994-2009

2 members found this post helpful.

Well I love it! Until today I couldn't post using my Windows Phone, and now I can. This thread is a great example that you really can't please everyone.