The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

a little hard on these old eyes,but thats progress.

I think it's visually a PITA but suppose I will get used to that. The autosave feature is nice, assuming it works. Used to lose nearly completed posts during the editing process at times. And the like/dislike button will save a good deal of server resources for messages that amount basically to "I agree" or "I disagree" with no reason to elaborate.

What I find to be ominous, however, is that for the first and only time I can recall, my Firefox browser crashed about ten minutes ago. There may or may not be a connection. Time will tell.
    If I knew what I were doing, why would I take lessons?

"Things should be as simple as possible,
    but no simpler." - Einstein

1 members found this post helpful.

My back button doesn't work either.
    Lori T
    www.calypsofarmeventers.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/LTEquine for product updates on the lines I rep

Sorry, I haven't read every page. I don't like the new format. For my aging eyes, it's too bright and hard to read for some reason. Too lightweight in the fonts. Maybe there is a way to change the fonts to a darker, heavier one?? What was wrong with the old way? Wow, hurts my eyes after about a minute or so.
    GR24's Musing #18 - More a reminder than a muse, on the first of the month, do your boob check for any lumps or differences.

Hello all,

There is an active thread in the Help forum discussing issues with the new format (http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...the-new-format). The designers are monitoring that thread and making tweaks as needed of the new design.

Please feel free to add your comments there; it's a more direct way to be heard on what's bothering you or what you like!

Thanks! Mod 3

I think the new smileys are fun...and I like the thumbs up/down feature.

Come on, folks...it's a free service, it's fun, and we'll all keep coming back anyway.

Okay, I've been on here about two minutes or so and my eyes already hurt. Will have to leave and check in later. Have to figure something out about this or I won't be able to be a part of this board. Ouch!!
    GR24's Musing #18 - More a reminder than a muse, on the first of the month, do your boob check for any lumps or differences.

Just a word on the pop up ads -- the problem most of us have is that we didn't mind the banner ads. In fact, we used them to buy things, which made CoTH money. There was no need to have an ad blocker. With that ghastly pop up ad that was so invasive that a ton of us actually DID download an ad blocker, now there are no banner ads, either, for us to click through for CoTH to make money.

I'd be happy to look at that ad a few times a day to make CoTH some money, but making it so insane that I am forced to download an ad blocker is cutting off your nose to spite your face. Now no one gets ad revenue when I buy something from SmartPak or Dover.

I don't like the look of the new forum, and I actually am not a fan of the like/dislike function. I think this board in more mature than that. But those are issues that I'm sure I'll get used to, just like the last time they upgraded. I remember the GIANT UPROAR over the green chunks on the left and right of the screen. I'll get used to it -- we all will.

But the ad thing is ridiculous. Any advertisement annoying enough that you drive 50% of the people on your site to go download an ad blocker that they otherwise wouldn't have used is extremely shortsighted.

With the exception of the F-150 I actually like the new format.
    *Wendy* 4.17.73 - 12.20.05

Page not found...
    Nudging "Almost Heaven" a little closer still...
    http://www.wvhorsetrainer.com

Northern Virginia, 45 minutes east of paradise - 2 hrs during rush hour

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator 3 View Post
    (http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...the-new-format). The designers are monitoring that thread and making tweaks as needed of the new design.

Please feel free to add your comments there; it's a more direct way to be heard on what's bothering you or what you like!

Thanks! Mod 3
    Bad link
    "The mighty oak is a nut who stood its ground"

"...you'll never win Olympic gold by shaking a carrot stick at a warmblood..." see u at x

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator 3 View Post
    Hello all,

There is an active thread in the Help forum discussing issues with the new format (http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...the-new-format). The designers are monitoring that thread and making tweaks as needed of the new design.

Thanks! Mod 3
    Mod 1 chose a really good day to take off ... Thanks for your updates, Mod 3!

Sorry bout that guys!!

Please feel free to add issues here... http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...the-new-format

Deleted from here to post in the appropriate thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Belg View Post
    Actually, I'm kind of amazed they are tryign to sell an F150 to a bunch of people who most likely have 350's What is it, an "around town" truck?
    I'm now going to every time I see that ad! Poor Ford. You'd think they'd know their target demographic better.
    Flip a coin. It's not what side lands that matters, but what side you were hoping for when the coin was still in the air.

You call it boxed wine. I call it carboardeaux.

I wish they hadn't gotten rid of the "Go" button beside the drop down menu to move between forums.

I wish the font were bigger and darker.

I can't close the pop up ad on my iphone when browsing.

I don't like the pop up ads, but could deal with them if they only popped up every 10-15 minutes, rather than less than 5 seconds after you close it. ( I do like that the close button is easier to see on the computer.)

I'm sure they can't call it a "like" button, due to FB probably having a copyright or some such.

I like the auto save feature.