The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default New Format...Hate it

Just clicked on here today and I have to say, I do not like the new format. The print is smaller and the damn pop up ad for the F-150 keeps popping up. As soon as I close it, it reappears within a few seconds. Most annoying.
    I know, we all hate changes, and in a few months, most of us won't even remember what the old format was like.
    But please get rid of the pop up ads!
    Lori T
    www.calypsofarmeventers.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/LTEquine for product updates on the lines I rep

17 members found this post helpful.

I agree. not sure if the terrible format is totally due to the forum changes or include the stuff that happens every time the pop-up ad happens.

Don't like either. Although I just now see that there are thumbs up and thumbs down icons.

3 members found this post helpful.

I'm not loving it either buuuut there seems to be a "like" button on the posts now!
    "Farriers are the hairdressers of the horse world. They know everything about everybody..."-Lildunhorse

13 members found this post helpful.

I agree that it's terribly hard to read. The red of the user name under the blue of the title made my eyes want to go crosseyed! and now instead of the ad popping up every now and again it comes up on EVERY page!!

hate also. Will see in a few days if it grows on me. I think it was the eventing forum that had a link to adblock. I've been ad free for days and it's wonderful - recommend looking for the link if you are on Explorer
    Epona Farm
    Irish Draughts and Irish Sport horses

Join us on Facebook

1 members found this post helpful.

The main issue with the alignment of elements is off and some design elements don't have enough white space around them. It's a lot of visual clutter.

11 members found this post helpful.

Don't love it either. The different font colors make it impossible to read, and for some reason my back button doesn't work? Might be me. Or might just be a glitch, but if I want to go back to the off topic list, I have to go down and click on it in the drop down menu. I also noticed you can no longer hover your cursor over a thread and read the first few sentences..
    Tin Roof Living- Custom Wreaths & Home D├ęcor
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/TinRoofLiving?ref=ss_profile
    PM me to receive a COTH discount!

2 members found this post helpful.

having upgraded forums engines a time or two, I'm positive there are more tweaks coming. The CSS needs help; but for an overnight job, they did it nicely.

Hey, it's up and running. That's better than even my second time upgrading. First time took me two days to figure out what went wrong. My third time, I said "screw the artwork" and never finished it.
    Nudging "Almost Heaven" a little closer still...
    http://www.wvhorsetrainer.com

6 members found this post helpful.

I don't like it either. Except for the thumbs up/down buttons.
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by MajMeadowMorgans View Post
    I'm not loving it either buuuut there seems to be a "like" button on the posts now!
    "Appreciate" button.
    Sounds pretty high falutin to me. But I'm using it anyway

I've been struggling a bit with quoting. Not sure what I'm doing, but I've done it three times so far and had to go back and edit.

It's okay. My back button isn't working either, and I've just resigned myself to staring at the F-150 (or sometimes Ram) because everytime I click close, it just comes back. I'm not a paying member though, so I'll suck it up and deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

Hate pop-ups? Download a pop-up blocker. It works, and then you all won't have to constantly complain about pop-ups.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

I would like if the line between the post and the user's sig were darker. In general, everything looks washed out.
    Quote Originally Posted by pinecone View Post
    I can't decide if I should saddle up the drama llama, dust off the clue bat, or get out my soapbox.

Back button not working here either.
    And page freezes up, when scrolling

\"Horses lend us the wings we lack\"

I don't like the font or how much space every signature takes. Looks to be fixed instead of fit to the text. And all the red! uggh. I know it's a lot of work to upgrade, but I hope the format goes back to what it was.

4 members found this post helpful.

Glad you mentioned the back button thing. I thought it was just me. Thats super annoying.
    Missouri Fox Trotters-To ride one is to own one

Standardbreds, so much more then a harness racing horse.

I downloaded Ad Block for Chrome yesterday and it took out all the side bar ads on here and facebook, and the pop ups on youtube and the truck ads that pop up on here.

I LOVE It!

Meh, it'll be tweeked, I'm sure, in the coming days. There are a couple of glitches. My Post Reply button at the bottom of the threads doesn't work, though the one at the top does. I hope I'm not the only one with that problem, so that, maybe, they can fix that.

I like the thumbs up/thumbs down feature, and I think that the automatic search for other threads with similar topics is great, though, of course, you get some weird results. There appears to be an auto-save, which will be nice. Maybe now I won't lose whole replies if there is a hiccup before I'm finished writing or when I'm trying to post.

Believe me, in my tenure on these forums, I've seen upgrades that seemed a heck of a lot worse, at times, and we got used to them.

Oh, another good thing just appeared. I went to edit out a spelling error and it looks like we no longer have to do an "advanced edit" to change a title. I'll have to go find a thread that I started to see if that is, indeed, the case.
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

There are updates in forum software--all three boards I visit have upgraded (one changed providers completely.)

COTH's is not visually appealing (dump the red color, it looks like an error message) and are the only ones with the constant, neverending, systems-crashing pop-up ads. WHOEVER MAKES THAT DECISION, YOU ARE DRIVING PEOPLE AWAY. I am on a high-speed connection right now with the latest version and it's STILL crashing Firefox.

I am eagerly looking forward to the "tweaks"! I downloaded a pop-up ad blocker, but the F-150 keeps showing up at every new page.