The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

In Firefox, I just got something odd when I posted via "Post Quick Reply" on another thread -- a pop up asked me if I wanted to leave the page? Never had that before. When I said, yes, leave page, the post went through okay. I'll see if it does it to me this time too.

ETA- Nope, didn't do it here, so maybe it was just some random browser error and not related to COTH at all.
    Last edited by horsepoor; Nov. 12, 2012 at 02:11 PM. Reason: No Problem Posting This Time!

Windward Farm, Washougal, WA- our work in progress, our money pit, our home!

The "Post Reply" button on the lower end of the thread does not work (Windows 7, Firefox), but the one on top does.

The body font is too light, makes it difficult to read.

The "you've replied on this thread green arrow" is too small.

I seriously HATE the thumbs up/down feature. I'm sure I'll now get another thumbs down for saying that. There's enough negativity in the world without adding to it on COTH.

On the other hand, thank you for upgrading and keeping this forum open and free. (double thank you for ditching the pop up ads!!)
    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!

2 members found this post helpful.

I gave a "Thumbs Up" for you. I have a 1 and half cat (very long story), 3 "Nags" and a dog. Let the fun begin!

Oooops, forgot the DH and had the 999 thing on my post. Well....Dam.

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Oooops, forgot the DH and had the 999 thing on my post. Well....Dam.
    SNORK! Thank you for the "finger".

The 10th was my birthday, maybe they wanted to continue the party? Happy groundhogs day!

I just fumbled into something that seems to have helped with the "stacking"-running Windows 7 with IE 8 or 9 ( I thought I was on 8 but it says 9, must have downloaded without telling me). Anyway...up in the very top right hand corner of your screen, right under the minimize, maximize icons and the red x there is a little gear wheel claiming "tools" when you drop it down.

On the list you will see "zoom" and a percentage. Mine was at 50%, when I increased it to 100%, it quit stacking...that should have had nothing at all do do with it, should be just the screen size. Go figure...

Oh, I unclicked the compatibility icon when I upgraded computer about 3 months ago.
    When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.

Wow, closing OT did NOT slow the spam down. What a mess today! Something sure has left us more vulnerable than usual.
    The more perfect our happiness,
    the more nagging and wretched
    do our unsolved problems seem.
    ~ Gordon Grand

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Quote Originally Posted by horsepoor View Post
    In Firefox, I just got something odd when I posted via "Post Quick Reply" on another thread -- a pop up asked me if I wanted to leave the page? Never had that before. When I said, yes, leave page, the post went through okay. I'll see if it does it to me this time too.

ETA- Nope, didn't do it here, so maybe it was just some random browser error and not related to COTH at all.
    It is a consistent error with this forum software.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!

LOL Shine...you can't win for trying here, can you?

Laurierace...Happy Birthday to you!!!
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

Can someone help me with the search thing? How do you find posts by a certain user using the new search?

Not sure if the Mods are tracking this thread anymore, but PU-leeze can we talk about removing the thumbs down? or at least make it non-anon?

there are folks running around thumbstalking various folks and it is getting abit silly.... honestly the "tone" of COTH went from a fun place to feeling stalker-ish and not so fun.

can the mods please remove the thumbs?

pls refer to this thread

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by trubandloki View Post
    Can someone help me with the search thing? How do you find posts by a certain user using the new search?
    Click "search" --> "advanced search" --> select the "search single content type" tab under the blue bar at the top of the page. That's the search most like what we used to have, and it's on the developer's list to switch that tab to the default when you pull up the advanced search page, so it's easier to find.

Quote Originally Posted by mbm View Post
    Not sure if the Mods are tracking this thread anymore, but PU-leeze can we talk about removing the thumbs down? or at least make it non-anon?

there are folks running around thumbstalking various folks and it is getting abit silly.... honestly the "tone" of COTH went from a fun place to feeling stalker-ish and not so fun.

can the mods please remove the thumbs?

pls refer to this thread
    After the developers finish implementing all the glitch fixes so everything is functioning properly, we'll redirect resources toward tweaking features. I'm pretty sure we'll remove the thumbs down option, since most feedback on the trial seems to be negative.

Thanks,
    Mod 1

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator 1 View Post
    After the developers finish implementing all the glitch fixes so everything is functioning properly, we'll redirect resources toward tweaking features. I'm pretty sure we'll remove the thumbs down option, since most feedback on the trial seems to be negative.

Thanks,
    Mod 1
    I'd give this a "thumbs up" if I wasn't a militant member of the no-fingers-club. But THANK YOU! Can we elect to turn on/off thumb notification as well?
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Click "search" --> "advanced search" --> select the "search single content type" tab under the blue bar at the top of the page. That's the search most like what we used to have, and it's on the developer's list to switch that tab to the default when you pull up the advanced search page, so it's easier to find.
    Thank you.

And the GO button? I know it's petty, but I really miss it.

And I'm not sure why I got a thumbs down for saying that before. Does someone hate the GO button? Strange.
    Holy crap, how does Darwin keep missing you? ~Lauruffian

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helpus View Post
    Does anyone else have the blue bar with "Settings FAQ Members List, etc" on the right side of the screen, over the picture of Jacob Pope winning the Maclay finals?

It goes out so far to the right that it smooshes the regular screen over to the left side.

What to do? What to do?
    I have this and am in "compatability view".... annoying!
    They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken...

Quote Originally Posted by LaBonnieBon View Post
    I have this and am in "compatability view".... annoying!
    Take it out of compatibility view. Works for me.

YAY.. Email notifications are back!!!
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

I am using IE 9 and Windows 7. I have compatability view on and still have that stuff out to the right over the page content

Please try clicking the Compatibility View icon, which looks like a torn piece of paper up by the URL field where our web address at the top of the screen (if you're using Internet Explorer as your web browser).

If that helps, can you please let me know what version of the browser you're using and whether or not you already had the compatibility view activated (for browsing on the old site). You can check on your browser by visiting this site if you don't know: http://www.thismachine.info

Thanks!
    Mod 1
    They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken...