The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Agree the search functions are not working. I've tried testing them by posting something with a specific word in it, then searching for my own post and it comes up "no content found."
    Basically no matter what I search...either by keyword, user name or both...I get the same no content found. Something hinkey there.

Also, is there no longer a report post option?
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post

Also, is there no longer a report post option?
    Lower left corner, it is black now.

1 members found this post helpful.

This may solve some frustration with the search function:

When you click on "advanced search" pay attention to the tab titles at the top. On the left you have "Search Single Content Type" and on the right you have "Search Multiple Content Types."

"Search Multiple Content Types" is default and what you will see when you click over to advanced search.

"Search Single Content Type" (which you can access by clicking the tab) is much more like our old search, with the old options. Here you can search titles only for your keyword or search entire posts, find latest posts by username, find threads started by username (in the dropdown box under "Find Latest Posts by User"), you can search specific forums and narrow your search by date and you can show results as threads or posts....essentially everything we used to have is there.

Oh thanks Trub!!!
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    BAC, if you tell me where-- I'll email you the post
    And someone negged this. Yes, let's NEG someone offering to do a gratis favor for another person. THAT is what this board is about.

I seriously HATE the thumbs!
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

2 members found this post helpful.

I still can't hit post reply. Onlyl quick reply. God this site is a mess.
    Trainer's website - photos of my horse Airborne under About and Francesca Edwards also in media page 1

http://www.patricianorciadressage.com/

So I have this glaring "2 notifications" shite under my username, click on it, and its notices about thumbs up or down on my posts. Not 2, but 6 thumbs, and two were negs on my comments about the format, and 4 were positive comments about the very.same.post. Each thumb on the same post garnered a "notification". Like I care! But I have to eventually go see what the notifications are, because they could be PMs. I guess. Sheesh!
    Trainer's website - photos of my horse Airborne under About and Francesca Edwards also in media page 1

vxf111, I gave you a thumbs up!

I got a thumbs down for saying thanks to Trub, LOL!

Methinks either someone is just having fun with the thumbs up/down thing or some sad little weenies are digging up posts by people they dislike and thumbing them down for no reason other than it's their only way to express bravery/integrity.
    Either way it's kinda funny.
    Don't let the thumbs down get to ya, folks.

And some more thumbs down for me in 3....2....1....
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

Or perhaps people are just clicking on them by accident? Who knows?!
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    Or perhaps people are just clicking on them by accident? Who knows?!
    I just posted on the thumb thread that I have done so, once, scrolling on the touch screen. With no way to undo. But I think they'd have to be pretty clumsy to click accidentally as many times as I'm seeing on some of these threads!

Oh Noze! I have three more notifcations under my username, but now 'notifications' has become unclickable! So I can't click on post reply, and can't click on notifications. Now I can't see who gave me 'bad' notificaitons on my posts. Just so you know, if you thumbs down me on this post, I'll never know!!

Ha, ha, and, since I can only post in 'quick reply', when I hit "post quick reply" I get a message asking me to confirm that I want to leave this page!! Whacked. Its a mess.

Methinks either someone is just having fun with the thumbs up/down thing or some sad little weenies are digging up posts by people they dislike and thumbing
    them down for no reason other than it's their only way to express
    bravery/integrity.
    Either way it's kinda funny.
    Don't let the thumbs down get to ya, folks.

And some more thumbs down for me in 3....2....1....
    You got a "thumbs up" from me. Check the drinking posts on the help forum.

I got a thumbs down for telling you. Clearly someone does not want you knowing where the alert button is. Laugh.

My first guess is someone either thinks they are funny or they are trying to make a point that the thumbs down is stupid and so they are going to thumbs down everyone to make that point. Kind of childish.

ETA - I went thru the thumbs down I got over the weekend and they all seem to be just like this one (posts that there is not any reason to thumbs down). Clearly someone thinks it is fun to thumbs down for the fun of it and since it is anonymous they can do it.

2 members found this post helpful.

I have not been on in a while and just tried to look for something.... but there are random ads, "settings, FAQ, etc" tabs in various places on my screen. I can't even see the posts because of these. Anyone know what is going on or if there is some setting I need to change?
    They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken...

Please try clicking the Compatibility View icon, which looks like a torn piece of paper up by the URL field where our web address at the top of the screen (if you're using Internet Explorer as your web browser).

If that helps, can you please let me know what version of the browser you're using and whether or not you already had the compatibility view activated (for browsing on the old site). You can check on your browser by visiting this site if you don't know: http://www.thismachine.info

Thanks!
    Mod 1

Quote Originally Posted by LaBonnieBon View Post
    I have not been on in a while and just tried to look for something.... but there are random ads, "settings, FAQ, etc" tabs in various places on my screen. I can't even see the posts because of these. Anyone know what is going on or if there is some setting I need to change?

Quote Originally Posted by Ambitious Kate View Post
    Ha, ha, and, since I can only post in 'quick reply', when I hit "post quick reply" I get a message asking me to confirm that I want to leave this page!! Whacked. Its a mess.
    Are you sure that you're hitting "post quick reply?" I made a mistake this morning when composing a message in the quick reply box that gave me the same message: instead of clicking the "post quick reply" button from the bottom of the quick reply box at the bottom of the quick reply message composition box, I clicked the "post reply" icon at the bottom of the thread, which wanted to take me to the full message reply screen.

Was able to click the "restore autosaved content" button from the bottom left of the message composition box to restore most of what I'd type though.

Or is this not what happened to you?

Thanks~
    Mod 1

Thanks, Shine! I thumbed you back!

It's a conspiracy, Trub! To keep me from reporting posts! Not that I was looking to report one...I was just wondering where it went. Change a color/location on me and I'm lost.

Mod, I was having all sorts of issues until I clicked the compatibility view a few days back. I had read that in another post, so clicked mine and it made a huge difference. I had always wondered what that torn piece of paper did. FWIW, I'm running Windows 7.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

Does anyone else have the blue bar with "Settings FAQ Members List, etc" on the right side of the screen, over the picture of Jacob Pope winning the Maclay finals?

It goes out so far to the right that it smooshes the regular screen over to the left side.

What to do? What to do?
    "I used to have money, now I have horses."

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helpus View Post
    Does anyone else have the blue bar with "Settings FAQ Members List, etc" on the right side of the screen, over the picture of Jacob Pope winning the Maclay finals?

It goes out so far to the right that it smooshes the regular screen over to the left side.

What to do? What to do?

In IE?

Unclick the compatibility icon. It's the torn piece of paper in the address bar.