The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Also, please check out the thread/poll re: the post rating system to weigh in with your feedback. It's stuck at the top of this forum.

Thanks!
    Mod 1

Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    I am often having a situation where I write quick reply and then it takes a long long time to load. And it asks me do I want to navigate away from the page. I say yes... and voila... double post.
    Is there any chance that you're composing a message with the quick reply box at the end of the thread, and that you're accidentally clicking the blue "post reply" button when you want to submit it, instead of the "post quick reply" button below the quick reply message composition box?

Quote Originally Posted by spacytracy View Post
    Haven't read through all the pages but the one issue I have is, lets say you're reading pg 2 of a thread on Off Course. You're done reading it, and want to go back to Off Course. When you click the little down arrow to go to Off Course, it won't let you. So then you have to hit the back button however many times to get back to the main forum.

Does that make sense? There should be a button that says "Go back to Off Course" or something like that, to get you back to the main forum page.
    When we get into our next round of "feature tweaking" early next year, we're going to see how unwieldy it would be to recode the software to return the Quick Navigation into something closer to the Forum Jump we used to have on the old software.

In the meantime, you can also either scroll to the top of the page (or use the "Top" button at the end of the thread), then click on the "Off Course" link (or whatever forum you're in), from to the left of the box that says "Welcome, SpacyTracy" at the top of the screen. You can also click "Chronicle Forums" from that area to take you back to the main forum page.

Does that help/make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    I am often having a situation where I write quick reply and then it takes a long long time to load. And it asks me do I want to navigate away from the page. I say yes... and voila... double post.
    I have had this happen to me multiple times too. It is intermittent without any obvious reason.
    If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats. - Lemony Snicket

You still have an issue with horrible cramped text/css overlaying other elements in Safari on the Settings page, in the list of threads. In my web testing, I have started using this tool:

http://saucelabs.com

which will let you make a virtual machine that runs for you in the browser and will mimic any other browser on any other OS out there. You get something like 30 minutes free IIRC, and then it's not terribly expensive to add minutes. It's easier than having to (whistles) go down to the mall and "try out" :-) computers at the store to try different browsers... which, on occasion, I have done.
    If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats. - Lemony Snicket

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator 1 View Post
    Is there any chance that you're composing a message with the quick reply box at the end of the thread, and that you're accidentally clicking the blue "post reply" button when you want to submit it, instead of the "post quick reply" button below the quick reply message composition box?
    Entirely possible! But I don't think so because the problem only happens intermittently and I don't think I am intermittently doing something different than when I usually reply?! But that's possible...
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Can someone give me an example of a thread where the OP differentiation isn't working, and let me know what browser and version you're on?
    I'm starting to think I imagined it as I haven't seen it again. Maybe I was confused by the first post not saying "original poster" - I'm not sure! But if I do see it again, I'll post a link.

On another note, I got yet another e-mail today for a PM that is OLD, from just after the update on the site.

ETA: I see my thumbstalker is tracking this thread again. Drumming up votes on the ratings poll, perhaps? I already voted!
    Last edited by horsepoor; Dec. 14, 2012 at 01:48 PM.

This has happened to me, too, perhaps a dozen times (not often at all, can't reproduce it with any regularity) and I am definitely NOT clicking the post reply button instead of the post quick reply button.

Why did someone go thru and thumb down my posts in this thread? That doesn't even make SENSE??
    Aisha, my heart from 03/06/1986 to 08/22/2008.

COTH's official mini-donk enabler.
    Odie, aka the Evil Burrito, is on Facebook.

meh, never mind...

I just want to clear out my notifications!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by saje View Post
    meh, never mind...
    Well, since the notification was nice enough to send me your ORIGINAL reply of "why do you care?" well let's just say I care. Was it you? If not, then why did you even bother replying? If it was, then why?? It just doesn't make sense to hunt down all my replies in a thread about technical issues and give a negative feedback.
    Aisha, my heart from 03/06/1986 to 08/22/2008.

COTH's official mini-donk enabler.
    Odie, aka the Evil Burrito, is on Facebook.

Is the view count not working correctly again? I see several threads that have posts and it says no views.

- I have the same intermittent navigation "Do you want to leave this page?" issue that a few people have mentioned.

- The "Post Reply" button at the bottom of the page STILL doesn't work [without spending five minutes hovering your mouse over it in attempts to find the sweet spot].

I also continue to, at unpredictable times, have the "Do you want to leave this page?" issue.
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

I am also experiencing the "do you want to leave this page?" prompt.

The last time it happened was when I posted on this thread:

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...his-a-bad-idea

Something curious that I have noticed: when I click "post quick reply" and the post goes through with no prompt about leaving the page, I am taken to the last post on the thread (mine.) When I click "post quick reply" and I get the prompt, I am taken to the FIRST post on the thread after clicking "yes."

I'm having issues with the "Today's Posts" button. When I click on it, it shows only one post. This has been happening intermittently for the past two days. I am using Firefox (updated to latest version) on a Mac.

I keep getting booted off when I try to reply to threads. Some times the reply box freezes up too.

And I've gotten the "sure you want to navigate away" message multiple times, including today.

I use Internet Explorer.

Quote Originally Posted by Judysmom View Post
    I keep getting booted off when I try to reply to threads. Some times the reply box freezes up too.
    This keeps happening to me

Hi Judysmom ~

I'm just getting caught up after being away for a couple of weeks... I haven't heard of a consistent issue of this kind happening with other users. Could you please try clearing your cookies/cache and see if that helps resolve the issue?

Please report back either way to let me know how it's going.
    Sorry for the trouble!
    Mod 1