The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

I thought there was an increase in spam last week, even before the BB change. Not sure what's up with that, but it's annoying.

Someone suggested only bolding the titles of new thread, not the poster, date/time, etc. I think that would be nice if it's not too difficult.

Thanks for the fixes already made!
    Holy crap, how does Darwin keep missing you? ~Lauruffian

Quote Originally Posted by axl View Post
    I'm with you, vineyridge. It seemed like a really minor complaint that I didn't bring up earlier, but after 3 days I'm realizing how much I miss the GO button. Please, please bring it back.
    Ok, I tried to give this post the thumbs up, but I hit the thumbs down by accident, and now I can't change it. One more reason to eliminate the thumbs down option!

THANK YOU for making the red go away!!! That was my #1 complaint; everything else is minor in comparison. Phew!
    *friend of bar.ka

"Evidently, I am an unrepentant b*tch, possible trouble maker, and all around super villian"

Hey, I don't wanna jinx it-- but I haven't seen a pop up ad in days! YAY!
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Ahhh.... this looks quite a bit better. I feel like my girth has been loosened

2 members found this post helpful.

At the top of the page it says 'You last visited: Nov. 1, 2012 at 01:56 PM'. Which would be great if I had not been on here after that yesterday and again this morning several times.
    If I go into my profile it has a more current date and time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bezysmom View Post
    I found it, but it isn't as easy to use. Maybe it's my browser, but I don't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmmyByNature View Post
    Is it just me or is there way more spam? Almost every single day there will be a half dozen spam posts at the top of the forum. I have reported three sets of them myself, and I've seen at least two other sets reported by other people.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmmyByNature View Post
    I think there's a spam blast in every forum this morning. I just reported three set of like 6 spam posts.

I don't remember it being this bad.
    We started seeing an increase in spam again a couple of weeks before the upgrade, and we tried changing the registration question we implemented a while back, but it hasn't helped much. The spam issue is one of the reasons for upgrading -- the new software allows us more options in spam prevention, which we'll tweak as we get through putting out the initial "fires" from the software upgrade.

Still reading all the comments, but I have an easy answer for this issue, so wanted to address it.

Thanks!
    Mod 1

Default Mod 1. and 'team upgrade' ```Thank You ! Thank you ~ 'fixes' = fixed it ! Bravo !

Mod1.& 'team upgrade' ``` Thank You ! Thank You !

'fixes' fixed it Appreciate your work !

Jingles & AO for you "ALL" to have a nice weekend !
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

So I am with the people who find this tough on the eyes and are just skipping the COTH. Sad, cause I have been coming here a long time. Not a web guru, so I am having trouble identifying what I hate. Mostly, I think that it is the narrowness of the useable area. It is maddening. I am using Mozilla.

I really like the recent changes, except they broke the "Post Reply" button again and now I can't tell read from unread posts in a thread. I miss that little orange icon which told me which posts were new since I last logged in....
    My horse is a dressage diva so I don't have to be.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine
    If you have a fat gay horse that likes Parelli, you're really screwed

I think part of what makes it hard to read is the print is not as dark. It's like there is a grey fog over everything. Even enlarging the window on my iPad, the print just seems faint.

I don't like how different main forums look different. If I hit "Chronicle Forum" or "Forum" up top, the print looks like it used to. But if I hit "Discussion Forums", it's this weird tiny print with serifs. I prefer the old sans-serif font.

Darn. The double-tap-to-enlarge on my iPad seems to be not working again.

I was having trouble posting from my iPad (Safari browser) last night. I would type a post, the whole thing was there in the text window, but then when I hit "Post Quick Reply," only half of what I had written would show up in the post. I'm not sure if it was a symptom of the recent forum changes, or just an iPad thing. But I'll be watching to see if it happens any more. Perhaps the forum software or my iPad is telling me something (I am too verbose!). But it was really annoying!

Quote Originally Posted by netg View Post
    I really like the recent changes, except they broke the "Post Reply" button again and now I can't tell read from unread posts in a thread. I miss that little orange icon which told me which posts were new since I last logged in....
    Thanks for alerting me to yet another cool CoTH feature that I never knew about until it ceased to exist
    Holy crap, how does Darwin keep missing you? ~Lauruffian

Quote Originally Posted by horsepoor View Post
    I was having trouble posting from my iPad (Safari browser) last night. I would type a post, the whole thing was there in the text window, but then when I hit "Post Quick Reply," only half of what I had written would show up in the post. I'm not sure if it was a symptom of the recent forum changes, or just an iPad thing. But I'll be watching to see if it happens any more. Perhaps the forum software or my iPad is telling me something (I am too verbose!). But it was really annoying!
    FWIW, I can post fine from my iPad.

I had trouble yesterday posting on my iPad -it locked up. But it was only once.

It seems the double-tap thing comes and goes. Don't know if it is related to this site or not. I notice it here because I'm here the most, but a minute ago it didn't work on another site either, but once I closed Safari and came back, it worked again. I suspect it's something with this site, though, because it never happened before the upgrade, and when it does happen, it's always here.

Quote Originally Posted by over the moon View Post
    FWIW, I can post fine from my iPad.
    Just noting it was only once I tried posting lengthy responses of a couple of paragraphs or more that I had an issue. But might just be a weird thing with my iPad, or me!

Quote Originally Posted by horsepoor View Post
    Just noting it was only once I tried posting lengthy responses of a couple of paragraphs or more that I had an issue. But might just be a weird thing with my iPad, or me!
    Yep, I can do long ones too! (I'm currently posting from my laptop so this is irrelevant, but I have done long posts on my iPad over the past few days). So it might have to do with operating system or something like that. I have the newest iPad, and use Safari, but no clue what edition of Safari it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Belg View Post
    I miss the forum jump at the bottom of the page already....
    I miss that too. It's a pain going back to the main forum page to look at a particular forum. It was sooo easy scrolling to the bottom and click on a forum.