The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

I'm only 15, definitely not sight impaired, and I'm having to squint to read the pages. The new redesign honestly is not doing me any good. I just plain don't like it.

2 members found this post helpful.

LOL, I had only noticed the "similar threads" when they were mentioned here. I quite like the idea, if you are searching for something it can sometimes help, but yes Zombie threads will be walking every now and again
    I'm not sure if I grew out of stupid or ran out of brave.

Practicing Member of the Not too Klassy for Boxed Wine Clique

Agree that the RED is completely unnecessary
    - it comes off as ANGRY rather than new posts you might wish to consider

Another with aggravated eyes (and temper) from the red + other brightly colored print. (What a relief to come to this page and back to the old standards).

Also put off by the thumbs up thing: it was one of the reasons I got off Facebook over a year ago.

So far, I've found nothing to like in the changes.

1 members found this post helpful.

Another annoyance- on my iPad, I used to be able to double-tap in a thread box to automatically enlarge it to full screen width to be able to read it better. This no longer works, now I have to do the two-finger pinch thing and play with it to get the right size.

ETA-well, after trying unsuccessfully many times before posting this, now it seems to be working.

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

I'm using Firefox and there is no "quick navigation" anywhere on this page.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

I finally found "quick navigation," though it is only labeled as such on the home page of the main forum. On a thread, look on the dark green line above "Quick Reply" - at the right side is a tiny drop-down menu with links to other forums.

I'm not crazy about the changes but some I see might be useful. I absolutely can't stand the red. It's just plain ugly. The baby blue on the hunter green already clashed but add in the red and it's the visual equivalent of listening to a middle school symphonic band warm-up.

I really can't put into words how ugly it is.

I found Quick navigation on one of the other forums, but all that was there was "Quick Navigation". In Firefox, if there's supposed to be a button or link, it doesn't work.

I found it on the forum index page and it does work there. However, if possible, the first section about the site should come after the forum selection options, not before.

Random observations/suggestions:

1) Looks like a fair bit of the CSS is set to fixed, but the page quick nav/numbered page selections opposite top "post reply" appears to be an unbounded float/wrap.

2) Sig block also appears unbounded line count.... might cap that

3) Overall performance slow. Have you indexed/optomized the db since the update? I can provide a chunk of PHP that makes that pretty easy if your backend is mysql.

4) See if you can link the TU/TD to facebook like... Inbound traffic galore. Just sayin'

5) Increase border pixels from 1 to 2 or 3.

6) Find a good popcorn smiley. Advrider has one :=)

7) I'd consider going unbounded on your columns. Fixed width is so... overrated anymore. I know that the artwork will get loopy for a bit, but it'll get you a much cleaner page at the end of the day.

Nice job with the upgrade overall, it's awfully tricky to do it right first tiem through and still have artwork that works :=)
    Nudging "Almost Heaven" a little closer still...
    http://www.wvhorsetrainer.com

3 members found this post helpful.

The link button is not allowing you to change the text that is viewed in a post. For example, when someone says, click "Here", instead of seeing http://

Question New Post Button?

Where is the "New Posts" button that will show you all of the active threads?

Nevermind - I found it, off the screen to the right. The whole top bar is to the right of the reading window, instead of on top of it. And once clicked, the formatt is terrible - just bugs to be worked out I am sure.

Love the thumbs up button!
    APPSOLUTE CHOCKLATE - Photo by Kathy Colman

Nice being able to post without having the IE7 compatability mode checked
    Nudging "Almost Heaven" a little closer still...
    http://www.wvhorsetrainer.com

When I click the Post Reply button, it doesn't work, but I can do a Quick reply just fine... Anyone else having that issue?

Is there any way that we can keep all these non-related advertising threads from being started. It is the same one over and over again!!! I've only noticed it getting out of hand in the last week or so.

Thanks for the help fixing the problems!

I clicked on a link to read the thread in Off Course "New Format...Hate it" (which I had never read) and it opened Page 3 of the thread rather than Page 1.

The search function did not work when I typed my user name in and did a search of the forums looking for a thread in which I'd posted. No results were found.

First, I am very grateful for this free forum!

That said, I can't tell you what it is, but I started getting a raging headache a couple minutes into reading threads this morning. I'm finding it really hard on my eyes, but I'm not quite smart enough to pinpoint what it is exactly.
    Siouxland Sporthorses: http://slsfarm.blogspot.com/

DIY Journey of Remodeling the Farmette: http://weownblackacre.blogspot.com/

I was going to say trying to reply was taking me to quick reply, then or worked.

I find the icon to go to first unread post is very hard to click - it's teenie tiny when you used to easily be able to do that. Also, the read/unread indications are now nearly identical colors. I miss the gold on unread posts which made it so much easier to figure out where I was in a thread. It's also hard to tell if I've read a thread or not in the normal listing - I don't even remember how it used to work, but it was easy to tell before!
    My horse is a dressage diva so I don't have to be.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine
    If you have a fat gay horse that likes Parelli, you're really screwed

My eyes are bleeding. Please please please ditch the red. It's seriously awful.

Quick navigation is available on the index page and the threads in the Eventing and Breeding Forums. It isn't on Off Course threads or this thread.

There is something very unattractive about the new format. I don't know if it's the type or the design, but the index pages are really ugly.

Can't you go to a more soothing color scheme?

Please, please, please ditch the ugly blue and red! I logged in this morning and almost cried it is so ugly! Something that matches the rest of the color scheme a little better would be so greatly appreciated~
    Sorry to see xtranormal is gone
    For funnies, search youtube for horseyninjawarrior!

Www.caringbridge.org/visit/mysecretgarden

3 members found this post helpful.