The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Cool We've made some Hunter Pace converts!!

Saturday my daughter and I...both avid foxhunters, took four "Show Hunter Only" friends on a Hunter Pace with Harvard Fox Hounds at the base of the Ozark mountains between Oklahoma and Arkansas. Not only did they survive the 10 GRUELING miles of uphill climbs and downhill rock slides, as well as the many inviting cross country jumps...they LOVED it!! I think we have four new converts!! The feast of picnic treats that met us at the end of the day really clinched the deal!! "Just like a hunter show, huh??" I asked. I was met with rolling eyes and smiling faces!! Of course...judging by the e-mails and Facebook posts...they are all very muscle sore and tired...but loved it!! If you've never tried a Hunter Pace...you REALLY should!! We saw it all...English, Western, Australian saddles. Walking Horses, Mules, TB's, QH's, arabs, WB and more. Great fun and nice people. I think we counted about 60 trailers - some 6 horse rigs - in the polo field parking area. The secret is getting out!!
    www.crosscreeksporthorses.com
    Breeders of Painted Thoroughbreds and Uniquely Painted Irish Sport Horses in Northeast Oklahoma

4 members found this post helpful.

Fantastic! Glad you had such a nice outing.
    "However complicated and remarkable the rest of his life was going to be, it was here now, come to claim him."- JoAnn Mapson

My friend road her Appy endurance mount that day and also had fun!!!
    Appy Trails,
    Kathy & Cadet
    member CDCTA www.cdcta.com, TROT www.trot-md.org & Free State Appaloosa Horse Club freestateaphc.org