The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Feb. 14, 2012
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Our three year old was started in February (30 days) and was turned back out to pasture until last month. He is now in week four of training and doing awesome. We couldn't be happier with him.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snDdg...3&feature=plcp



  2. #22
    Join Date
    Oct. 21, 2003
    Posts
    8,673

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneLily View Post
    Our three year old was started in February (30 days) and was turned back out to pasture until last month. He is now in week four of training and doing awesome. We couldn't be happier with him.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snDdg...3&feature=plcp
    Wow what a doll! Those Apiro babies sure seem to come out with a nice mind.



  3. #23
    Join Date
    Feb. 9, 2005
    Location
    Upper Midwest
    Posts
    5,676

    Default

    This is a great/fun thread. It is neat to see everyone's youngsters, but I have to admit I feel a bit worried looking at how mature your horses look! I think my two year old (mid-May foal) still looks like a yearling, and I can't imagine getting on her at this point. *sigh* Someone tell me your three year old magically became a horse at some point during the winter before 3, and I will feel better. Mine is still growing so much...

    Everyone has very lovely horses!
    Siouxland Sporthorses: http://slsfarm.blogspot.com/

    DIY Journey of Remodeling the Farmette: http://weownblackacre.blogspot.com/



  4. #24
    Join Date
    Oct. 5, 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    167

    Default

    http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...17531618_n.jpg
    http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...86364497_n.jpg

    Wow!! I love everyones babies. They all look great

    I w/t/c my 3 year old 3 to 4 times a week for about 20 to 30 mins. I have some under saddle classes with him at the Royal in a couple of days, but we are just really going for the experience. He has been amazing for me and I have taken him to some line shows and have competed in a few under saddle classes. I will also be finishing up his driving training this winter as he is going to be one of our combined driving ponies in the upcoming years. He has worn his harness and I have done some line driving with him but have not hitched him yet. Should be fun!


    1 members found this post helpful.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Apr. 30, 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrotTrotPumpkn View Post
    This is a great/fun thread. It is neat to see everyone's youngsters, but I have to admit I feel a bit worried looking at how mature your horses look! I think my two year old (mid-May foal) still looks like a yearling, and I can't imagine getting on her at this point. *sigh* Someone tell me your three year old magically became a horse at some point during the winter before 3, and I will feel better. Mine is still growing so much...

    Everyone has very lovely horses!
    At the beginning of the summer my boy looked, so not like a horse, more like a large foal. Then in a couple months he started looking like there might be hope, lol. Just this fall he is coming into himself. And this is a horse that has always had hills and 24/7 turnout and good food. He is from late maturing lines and he was a late foal. His mind is getting better also much to the relief of the rest of the herd.

    Those 2 year old stallions at the licensing blew me away. I have to agree with those that said we are selecting for early maturing lines.



  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jun. 11, 2008
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    542

    Default

    My 3yo Ellamieka (Corland x Darco) was pulled from the fields in the spring and prepared for her keuring in Holland where she received her ster predicate. She started the basics undersaddle and is now turned out for the winter as she is pregnant to Cardento, due early May.
    Alison/Mikali Farms
    www.mikalifarms.com



  7. #27
    Join Date
    Sep. 27, 2000
    Location
    Southern California - on a freeway someplace
    Posts
    9,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrotTrotPumpkn View Post
    This is a great/fun thread. It is neat to see everyone's youngsters, but I have to admit I feel a bit worried looking at how mature your horses look! I think my two year old (mid-May foal) still looks like a yearling, and I can't imagine getting on her at this point. *sigh* Someone tell me your three year old magically became a horse at some point during the winter before 3, and I will feel better. Mine is still growing so much...

    Everyone has very lovely horses!
    I feel the same way looking at some of these, but they all mature differently. Skipper looks more mature in his photo than he does in person. That was taken a bit over a month after we brought him in. When we brought him in he looked somewhat like a large foal, even at 3 years old. And he was born at the end of February.
    The Evil Chem Prof



  8. #28
    Join Date
    Feb. 9, 2005
    Location
    Upper Midwest
    Posts
    5,676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peggy View Post
    I feel the same way looking at some of these, but they all mature differently. Skipper looks more mature in his photo than he does in person. That was taken a bit over a month after we brought him in. When we brought him in he looked somewhat like a large foal, even at 3 years old. And he was born at the end of February.
    Your horse looks like he has quite a bit of substance! I'll have to trust you that he doesn't appear as mature in person
    Siouxland Sporthorses: http://slsfarm.blogspot.com/

    DIY Journey of Remodeling the Farmette: http://weownblackacre.blogspot.com/



Similar Threads

  1. What is everyone doing with their 4 year olds?
    By NightBefore in forum Eventing
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: Apr. 17, 2012, 08:45 PM
  2. Two Year Olds
    By Slow Motion in forum Horse Care
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Nov. 11, 2010, 10:43 AM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: Jul. 12, 2010, 12:17 AM
  4. What are your three year olds doing?
    By shawneeAcres in forum Sport Horse Breeding
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: Jul. 26, 2009, 10:42 AM
  5. How are the two year olds?
    By BeastieSlave in forum Sport Horse Breeding
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: Feb. 24, 2009, 03:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •