The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Anyone else here watch Korean Dramas?

...and if you do, why?

I know why I do!

ME! ME! ME!!!

lol

Granted...i'm only slightly obsessed with the music/culture/etc... but yea.

I"m currently watching Faith (oh Lee Min Ho..) and love it. I think a lot of their shows (cheesey as they can be sometimes) are just better than a lot of what is on tv in the states.

I'm going back to learning Korean soon. I hate the rosetta stone but it helped a little when i was in Korea last month. (Am planning on going back there next year too. I Loved it.) So i want to be able to finish it. BUT lol i want to actually know the RIGHT meanings of the words..not the (sometimes) badly translated ones. lol

What shows have you watched? I get to see a lot of them on hulu.com

:-)

(and a lot of the times some of my fav. singers are in the shows! Can't go wrong with that. :-D

Oh hey, me too! I also listen to K-Pop, love learning about the culture, and lave a long list of dramas that I've logged hours on Hulu over.

*You're Beautiful

*Boys Over Flowers

*Mary Stayed Out All Night

*Playful Kiss

*Love Rain (not finished yet; on Episode 13)

*Heartstrings (also not finished, but it wasn't that good...)

*Full House (only got through 3/4 of one episode so far, but it looked interesting enough to continue)

And I just started watching Secret Garden, and I'm [I]loving[I] it!

Based on the first four I listed, though, who do you think my favorite actors are? (Okay, okay, I'll just come out and say it before I burst: Kim Hyun Joong and Jang Keun Seok-- and BTW I love his voice/music as well!)

And (although this is somewhat embarassing to admit on a BB) I'd really love to marry a Korean (or maybe Chinese) guy in the future. (Yes, I'm young, and NO, I'm not dumb and delusional enough to think that it would be any of the guys I see in said dramas!) Hopefully that doesn't sound harsh, I just didn't want anyone flaming me...

I've been learning the language, too. Watching the subtitled dramas helps some, and I spend a lot of my free time holed up at the bookstore in the language section with various books/dictionaries on it. I can read it, as well-- just can't tell you what 97% of it is actually saying!

Nice to hear I'm not the only one into Korea around here, though.

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

I've tried to watch them but it's hard to find them with subtitles or dubs. Everything I saw on Netflix/Hulu was straight Korean with no translation available.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!

Quote Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
    I've tried to watch them but it's hard to find them with subtitles or dubs. Everything I saw on Netflix/Hulu was straight Korean with no translation available.
    Really? I've watched all of these on Hulu (don't have Netflix, so don't know about that one), and they are ALWAYS subtitled in English... sometimes you have to turn it on, on the sub-screen where it's playing, but they'er definitely subtitled on Hulu.

You don't know what you're missing!