The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by stolen virtue View Post
    I do ! I just so love children, even when smearing ashes on white couches and chairs....
    Fantastic! What's your address? (Just kidding! hee hee! )

I had a good one today. 4 y/o niece is putting on her jammies after she tried potty (took longer than usual). She tells me "There was no more paper so I got a little wet"
    " What do you mean.."
    "The toilet paper was all gone so I used some that was already wet."
    "You didn't happen to use...*cringe*...the toilet paper that was ALREADY IN THE TOILET did you?"
    "Yeah, it was already wet!"

"How about we go wash hands again..."

Cloroxed the entire bathroom too. My sister just about died laughing when I told her.
    "Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out." ~John Wooden

Phoenix Animal Rescue

If it makes you feel any better, I'm 27 and didn't have my first car accident until I was 25... Of course, I was driving *my mother's car* when I went in the ditch, but I had the decency to show up at home fine and not call her at 1am. She doesn't know about the second time I went in the ditch, I just call the tow truck, got pulled out, and went home without telling her
    Quarry Rat

Maybe actually eating them is frowned upon but you can certainly slobber, drool, and gnaw on for their own good and yours! And I had 3 children in 3 years one who was developmentally delayed. I'm sure they would show you the teeth marks if you asked them. LOL The eldest has one child and shakes her head when she thinks of what it must have been like with 3 of them so close together. They survived, i survived and we can still laugh.
    Last edited by hastyreply; Nov. 1, 2012 at 10:40 AM.

My first will be a year old next Friday and I am pregnant with my 2nd (due in May 2013)...what the hell was I thinking?!?!?

I called my husband yesterday on my way home from work and said "You need to get home NOW...your son and I need some time apart and I am pretty sure the feeling is mutual"....needless to say he was at work over an hour away and didnt get home until after 8...by then I was many spoonfuls into a gallon of ice cream.

Lord help me!
    Busy Bee Farm, Ellijay, GA
    Never Ride Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly
    Way Back Texas~04/20/90-09/17/08
    Green Alligator "Captain"

Quote Originally Posted by kateh View Post
    I had a good one today. 4 y/o niece is putting on her jammies after she tried potty (took longer than usual). She tells me "There was no more paper so I got a little wet"
    " What do you mean.."
    "The toilet paper was all gone so I used some that was already wet."
    "You didn't happen to use...*cringe*...the toilet paper that was ALREADY IN THE TOILET did you?"
    "Yeah, it was already wet!"

"How about we go wash hands again..."

Cloroxed the entire bathroom too. My sister just about died laughing when I told her.
    My ex boyfriends niece had to have some tests ran on a urine sample. So at the doctors she had gotten to pee in the cup. The next day the barely 4 year old comes out with her sippy cup almost full of liquid. She hands it to her grandmom and tells her its for the doctor! She was so proud of herself... Sippy cup was promptly thrown away!

1 members found this post helpful.

My daughter is 22 months.

One of her favorite words is "Uh-oh." She'll say it when she or someone else drops something or when one of her toys is on the floor when it's not supposed to be. She also recently started to say "I fell" when she falls down or just "fell" when something else hits the floor.

So I know I'm in for a treat when I hear her banging around in her room with a steady stream of "Uh-oh, fell, uh-oh, uh-oh. Fell, fell, uh-oh, uh-oh...." It's so darn cute I have to laugh a bit before I go in to deal with whatever she's destroyed.

Oh my friends! Im so glad you are here for me. I am overwhelmed at times with my 25 month old. Hes so verbal and smart and funny, and destructive, curious and unafraid... Im a climber! he shouts from the tops of the couches, book cases and tables. Im a helper... as the cereal cascades from the countertops... There are days. The obsession with baby powder tornados has GOT to stop. Thanks for the laugh, the relief, and the understanding. In my town the uber-pc moms are nursing their 4 year olds and cutting up organic apples into uniformly sized segments seemingly blissfully. I just cant do it. This child is sadly no stranger to the McD drive thru. Most of the time I make meals and such, but there are days when I need horse time. and sometimes that requires some "chicken meat and fresh fries"

I felt like less of a bad parent after reading the book, "Go the F*** to Sleep" I recommend this for all parents of toddlers. And alcohol.

1 members found this post helpful.